Panel sayfamızda bulunan Download linklerini görebilmeniz için hesabınıza giriş yapmanız gerekmektedir. ×

Cleaning up the game by removing excess NPCs and quests.

Kallop

NPCs without a real purpose:

[Moradon]

- iruta

- VIP Manager

[Luferson Castle]

- Twilight Knight Linguist

- Knight Clerk 

- Margaret

- Novice Weapon Rental (Possibly in other zones as well,)

[Ronark Land]

- Magic Association Bros

- Adviser of Magic Association Haligun

[Eslant]

- Senior Researcher Gaz

- Magic Association Leader malraseu

- Magic Association Cesar (He actually gives a quest, but why not just have 1-2 quest NPCs in town instead?)

I understand many of these are for chain-quests which might not yet be functional, but I think that the game would look better if there were less npcs just standing around. Also, there are like 60 quests in Luferson / El Morad Castle but you only need a few to level up until you reach level 60 and can go to Eslant where better quests await. It would be smart, in my opinion, to narrow down the path that people have to take in order to level up. I mean, I entered Eslant and at level 70 I found almost 20 quests from Luferson that I never did, and I leveled up by doing quests.

The leveling process could be even as simple as this:

- Level 50

- Quest: Kill 50 Ash Knights

- Level 51

- Collect 20 dickbutts

- Level 52

- Kill 50 DTS

Basically you could narrow down the possible quests to do by only leaving a few quests per level (Not counting item quests.) instead of having a million smaller quests per level. At least in Eslant you have a shitload of quests to do which seems a bit complicated. Possibly, at higher level, one NPC could give you one big quest per level which gives you most of the EXP you need and then another NPC could give you smaller quests (either soloable or repeatable or both) that help you gain the last few %s. 

I suppose I could update this list a bit once I get a mouse. I'm well aware that many of these NPCs are used for chain quests, but I'm also sure that they're not all necessary. Unless there's a very good chain quest in the making by the time the server will launch I see no purpose for so many NPCs. Many of the quests could be handed out by a few NPCs located in town.

Now, going to watch Nanatsu No Taizai.

I want to collect 20 dickbutts..

But in all seriousness, some of the NPCs like the VIP manager have a purpose but just don't have their scripts attached yet (like you're supposed to talk to her to exchange your Battle WingHero Coupon shit).

I think we should wait until twoey / aesteris tell us that the scripts are all set up that need to be and we can then evaluate. 

I want to collect 20 dickbutts..

But in all seriousness, some of the NPCs like the VIP manager have a purpose but just don't have their scripts attached yet (like you're supposed to talk to her to exchange your Battle WingHero Coupon shit).

I think we should wait until twoey / aesteris tell us that the scripts are all set up that need to be and we can then evaluate. 

That is true. I'll just leave this here to get some opinions. The main part is the insane amount of quests that you have available but have no real reason to exist. Also I forgot to report the obvious flaws in the in-game quest guide which makes finding quests seem incredibly complicated. If it just showed the important/most useful ones then it might make it easier for newcomers.

Like you said those npc's are for chain quests... I heard those are a pain to code but I thought I'd say that I really enjoyed doing those quests back then.

Enjoyment and quests isnt something found in the same sentence often, at least for this game in particular.

If they're never getting fixed then I'd be up for removing them, but that's for twoey / aesteris to decide (if they're fixing them or not, that is).

• Administrators

They'll be fixed eventually, even if it means manually doing so.

As all quest scripts are being generated by a tool we've written, we want to avoid as much manual intervention with quest scripts as we can -- automating script generation for those types of quests (well, all types of quests...) is preferred to writing them up manually. This means if they add new quests, or things generally change, it's just a matter of re-running the tool on the new data and voila -- new, updated quests in mere seconds... as opposed to hours of tedious back and forthing over data manually.

Whether they actually stay is up for debate, I suppose. :)

They'll be fixed eventually, even if it means manually doing so.

As all quest scripts are being generated by a tool we've written, we want to avoid as much manual intervention with quest scripts as we can -- automating script generation for those types of quests (well, all types of quests...) is preferred to writing them up manually. This means if they add new quests, or things generally change, it's just a matter of re-running the tool on the new data and voila -- new, updated quests in mere seconds... as opposed to hours of tedious back and forthing over data manually.

Whether they actually stay is up for debate, I suppose. :)

That sounds pretty leet I guess. I'll just leave this here in case you don't actually fix all the quests or remove some of them from the game. You could perhaps completely rewrite the chain-quest line and have your own NPCs instead of the USKO ones :P But thee main focus of this topic is making the game easier for newcomers and making quest finding easier.

• Administrators

That sounds pretty leet I guess. I'll just leave this here in case you don't actually fix all the quests or remove some of them from the game. You could perhaps completely rewrite the chain-quest line and have your own NPCs instead of the USKO ones :P But thee main focus of this topic is making the game easier for newcomers and making quest finding easier.

Sure, I have no objections to new quests/culling out useless quests. Chain quests being broken right now though is just something we'll be fixing, regardless of whether or not the existing quests themselves actually get used. :)