Panel sayfamızda bulunan Download linklerini görebilmeniz için hesabınıza giriş yapmanız gerekmektedir. ×

Resolution/FPS?

LuckyHit

• Administrators

Lowering your resolution means less work for the graphics driver, so yes it will only improve performance.

Whether or not you'll *notice* the performance increase from this is another question. Best thing I can really suggest is "try and see", because it'll be very much individualistic.

Here is a question for any of you, beside of the specs, why the xxxx my PC not 'recognize' my whole RAM anymore? Example: 8 GB RAM (4GB ABLE TO BE USED) in PC PROPERTIES.
In task manager, I went to Resource Monitor and it and shows like that half of the RAM is being RESERVED FOR HARDWARE.

So, based on these arguments, and since my PC is way too old being honest, probably my GPU died and the PC is taking that RAM as a replacement or something like that? lol
And I've tried every type of 'solution' that could be found in the internet, and ofc, I've changed my RAM's places, I did reinstall windows then I gave up and using the PC I had but in a half now :P

1 hour ago, Slowthai said:

lowering your res doesnt necessarily mean FPS increase if the limiting factor is the CPU...whats your pc specs ? 

@Slowthai

2 hours ago, twostars said:

Lowering your resolution means less work for the graphics driver, so yes it will only improve performance.

Whether or not you'll *notice* the performance increase from this is another question. Best thing I can really suggest is "try and see", because it'll be very much individualistic.

@twostars

open start and type msconfig,go under "boot" tab and click on advanced,make sure that "maximum memory" is unchecked,or on 0. Also it doesnt help when you wont list your pc specs. If your computer is older,as you said,then its understandable that you will have FPS issues,especially in the modern KO version with all these effects,and it being poorly coded where it wont utilize the gpu/cpu fully and you will always have fps drops in moradon.

11 minutes ago, Slowthai said:

open start and type msconfig,go under "boot" tab and click on advanced,make sure that "maximum memory" is unchecked,or on 0. Also it doesnt help when you wont list your pc specs. If your computer is older,as you said,then its understandable that you will have FPS issues,especially in the modern KO version with all these effects,and it being poorly coded where it wont utilize the gpu/cpu fully and you will always have fps drops in moradon.

That's the first thing that came into my mind the day I found/realized my problem, and it is like you said :D
My PC specs are these:

AMD FX-4300 QUADCORE 3.8 Ghz
RADEON R7 250 1GB
8GB RAM (WAS, now seems like 4GB)

Idk what else could be useful lol
But, being honest, once I bought it (2014 moreless) was in better shape, like everything, but now seems to be a mess haha, and since I haven't played games at all during these years I didn't have the need of buying new stuff.

Edited by LuckyHit

AMDs bulldozer lineup was fail since the launch (FX cpus). I know because I use one. FX 8350 paired with crosshair V formula Z motherboard. I pushed it to its limits, overclocking the FSB to 280 for the best single threaded performance you can get, and it still falls short when compared even to 3770k. So imagine this,my FX8350 that is tweaked to hell and back, running the best DDR3 memory you can find (XPG V2 2400 MHz) with very very tight timings, gets shit FPS in KO,and pretty much every other MMO thats CPU reliant. So your FX 4300 has no chance.

Not only that,you have a gpu with 1GB of VRAM. If youre running Win10,ofc it will take your RAM as reserve for the VRAM.

Trust me, even those office dell computers that come with i5 3770 or 4770 will be a MASSIVE upgrade compared to that FX 4300. So take my advice, sell your computer for whatever you can, and buy an old DELL PC, even the integrated HD igpu will be equal to that r7 250,

ps : here is a snip of my FX8350,just in case if you think im bullshitting you. 

7CkATbu.png

Edited by Slowthai

Funny fact about the Ram being taken away, is that I found the issue when I was using windows 7, then tried the solutions I had on mind, internet, etc and I gave up and decided to change to w10, rrsintsll everything, etc. Then, the same issue was found there and thought that probably this has something with my motherboard or something like that. 

8 minutes ago, Slowthai said:

AMDs bulldozer lineup was fail since the launch (FX cpus). I know because I use one. FX 8350 paired with crosshair V formula Z motherboard. I pushed it to its limits, overclocking the FSB to 280 for the best single threaded performance you can get, and it still falls short when compared even to 3770k. So imagine this,my FX8350 that is tweaked to hell and back, running the best DDR3 memory you can find (XPG V2 2400 MHz) with very very tight timings, gets shit FPS in KO,and pretty much every other MMO thats CPU reliant. So your FX 4300 has no chance.

Not only that,you have a gpu with 1GB of VRAM. If youre running Win10,ofc it will take your RAM as reserve for the VRAM.

Trust me, even those office dell computers that come with i5 3770 or 4770 will be a MASSIVE upgrade compared to that FX 4300. So take my advice, sell your computer for whatever you can, and buy an old DELL PC, even the integrated HD igpu will be equal to that r7 250,

ps : here is a snip of my FX8350,just in case if you think im bullshitting you. 

7CkATbu.png

Nah, it's okay, I did learn after a couple of years I bought this cheap thing by looking around the internet and found like these weren't the best in all terms haha. But it's okay for the usage I gave it and the time it had last being honest, was good enough, I don't even play At all as I said, luckily

• Administrators

You need to be using a 64 bit operating system to use more than 4 GB of RAM.

That's basically standard these days.

Edit: Not sure if I understood correctly, but if you were (are?) using Windows 10 then you should be fine there.
Perhaps your RAM isn't physically locked into place?

6 minutes ago, twostars said:

You need to be using a 64 bit operating system to use more than 4 GB of RAM.

That's basically standard these days.

Edit: Not sure if I understood correctly, but if you were (are?) using Windows 10 then you should be fine there.
Perhaps your RAM isn't physically locked into place?

I was using w7 with 64 bit a long time. Then started to feel kinda slowly, for some reason went into properties and showed the 8gb (4gb available), tried different solutions and nothing worked. Decided to install w10 because maybe it has something to do with (thought that) and still found the same issue even with 64 bits in w10, switched memory places in both situations and still the same

5 minutes ago, twostars said:

Oh I definitely misunderstood you then, my bad. I thought you meant it didn't see the RAM at all.

If you have any idea that came to your mind related to this issue, I would appreciate any suggestion tbh.
Also, in CPU-Z in the MEMORY tab shows:

SIZE: 8 GBytes
CHANNEL #: SINGLE
NB FREQUENCY: 2008.8MHZ

seems like it does recognize it, am I wrong? So, I shouldn't be having this problem lol? Idk haha, worst thing is that I don't know what to change on my pc, I might just burn it all and buy all again, or I can just cry over my situation ❤️

Edited by LuckyHit