Panel sayfamızda bulunan Download linklerini görebilmeniz için hesabınıza giriş yapmanız gerekmektedir. ×

A collaborative thread regarding the state of the server

Xianji

Hi everyone!

As you can see in the shoutbox there is a huge debate going on whether Apex should relaunch or not. It is so far just speculations and nothing else, and this thread is not meant to push nor confirm any yet unconfirmed information from the admins. This thread is only here to show the possibilities and needinesses of a server relaunch, and to share my personal opinion on the matter.

Before you start judging my thread because I personally want a new fresh release, you have to take into consideration that I wasn't behind in terms of levels. We weren't behind in terms of gear. The fact is, we made a rappy+7 and an Iron bow +7. We stayed up for 38 hours just to speed level, we want a restart for a different reason.

Let's start off with the first premise, the server is dead.

Why?

Laggy/DDoS/DC release

Some could say this is part of the reason, but let's look at it from another perspective. If this was the sole reason then no game could ever succeed, because even games like World of Warcraft, Tera, ArcheAge among other games suffer from heavy lag, DC and queue times during releases, yet they persist. People can forgive a laggy release if the gameplay is there. This brings us to a second possible point.

Droprates are too high

This is a big one for me. When people see a farming server they expect it to be hard work to get what you want. This server was branded as a farm server, yet the main source of uniques come from fishing and mining. What was wrong with the old occasional crude sapphire/crystal/opal or maybe a monster stone every now and then? Currently 95% of the server population are all standing still mining and/or fishing. Where is the farm here? I thought the ”farming” term in games was based off the original definition which states that ”A tract of land cultivated for the purpose of agricultural production.”. In layman's terms this would simply mean that you sow the seeds, you water your plants and then you gather the crops. You plan your item farming, you head out to hunt for the items and then you gather the items. Where in this mentality does the idea of AFKing and pressing space every now and then translate into working hard and farming for your items?

What could be done differently here? A couple ideas I've thought of consist of:

Removal of any and all fragments/gems/chests from fishing/mining.

This would result in the need to work for your items. This doesn't mean that the server has to be just like any other hard farming KO server, because the rates can be tweaked whilst the method of gathering remains the same. This prevents flooding of uniques and high-class items on the market, and makes questing items tempting. Nothing is wrong with having standard quest accessories, because everyone shares this very same gear. Having chestdrops, fragmentdrops, gemdrops within the fishing/mining process affects all of your events in a bad way. Forgotten Temple is almost a complete waste of time, since 10 minutes of fishing gives you more chests than 5 Forgotten Temple events. But not just that, it also takes no effort what so ever. The fragments and the gemdrops ain't the same because of the fact that you only get black/green and gluttony/rage. But the effort you put into ”farming” those gems and fragments by fishing makes up for the ”loss” of better frags/gems. I'm pretty sure ALL of us have atleast done Bifrost once. You stay there for around two hours, and when you get out you are a happy man with around 7~ fragments in total. TWO HOURS of constant farming. Not all the time you got past Sloth. If you were to fish or mine for the same amount of time, you would not just be happy you got a frag or two, but rather disappointed you didn't get 10. Monster stones dropping from fishing and mining is fine, but the rate might have to be reduced a bit. This is connected to my following point:

Monster stones and old accessories

This is a pretty cool idea in itself, but there are two major flaws in it. The first flaw is that people will get best in slot items very early on during their journey. This reduces the need for normal accessories, because not everyone feels the need to farm for +1/+2 accessories. This becomes even more problematic when normal monsters inside the monster stone can drop uniques too. A solution to this could be to go back to the old idea of the bosses inside the monster stone being the only source of the uniques. However this brings us to the second flaw, the problem still persists, though with a rarer chance of occurring. Therefore added to this you could limit the accessibility of items such as warrior pendants, skeleton belts and other strong accessories(I'm slightly torn on how to feel about this myself). You could still have items such as amulet of dexterity remain, because they're still an upgrade and still something to get hyped for. I feel quest accessories should feel like an achievement that shouldn't be overthrown on the first monster stone you do.

An end to this tirade that is my opinion on the droprates is a reduction in the general droprate. This is something I've mentioned before and which still remains a problem. When me and my brother head out to farm, we hunt dark knights for just about 15 minutes. We expected to maybe find a raptor or two because we know that they drop them, and then we plan on heading over to cardinals to farm some BUS(not sure who thought this was a good idea). What we didn't expect is to loot 8~ raptors, and then loot anywhere between 5-10 bus every 5 minutes(sometimes even more). You don't have to reduce the droprates to the absurd depth that USKO has(could sometimes kill 250 doom soldiers and not see a single high-class item). However that does not justify the reverse scenario also being a sound situation.

EXP rates are too high?

Before I start talking about this I should add that mostly the experience you gain from monster stones seem to be the problem.

Myself I don't know how to feel about this, because one part of me feels that the game shouldn't be too grindy, but at the same time I don't want everyone to be level 80 in two days. Knight OnLine has the benefit that you don't have to be the absolute highest level in order to PvP, you'll do just fine if you're a couple levels behind. Capitalizing on this will benefit the server greatly, I think. I don't hate the idea of having the first 50 or so levels being fast, because prior to that leveling can feel very boring. Knight OnLine now has many more quests than it used to, and is therefore not quite as grindy as it used to be.

What can be done about it?

Implement some of the previously mentioned points

This is a risky move. People are not interested in joining a hard farming server if there already exists incredibly hard-to-get items(hello USKO). If you choose to remove all the uniques gathered, finding each and every item brought forth by gems/chests/fragments will take too long and will in my opinion not be effective. Doing this risks putting the server in an even worse position than it is in right now.

Relaunch

A relaunch at this stage is a tempting thought, because we're not that far into the server and it can still be salvaged. The server is not the problem, I've never played a more fluent KO server in my life. The problem is the baggage that is weighing it down. Restarting, compensating the people that worked hard, and lowering the high droprate on uniques and the like will tempt people to give the server another go.

The problems with relaunching are that people might feel mistreated because they put a lot of effort into it, and feel like it's been all for naught. Secondly the server can also lose reputation if it's had a tough past, but many people are also willing to overlook it if the server actually changes. Everyone makes mistakes, and it takes a special kind of person to be willing to risk it by admitting their faults and changing their ways. Thirdly the players who stuck through the hard launch will most likely not just demand their KC back(which must be done), but also very likely a refund. The fourth problem is that the more time that goes by, the riskier a relaunch becomes.

If you ever consider a relaunch, the time is now. Don't think too much about it for a week only to come to your original conclusion to wipe it all when many more people have put too much effort into it.

Love,

TITANIUM & Xianji

@  FinalFantasy : (14 June 2015 - 01:23 AM) Let me say one last thing for all of you, if it it such a problem for these items being so easy then why is this server a 20xx farm server where let's see krowaz/ utc items are available i.e belt of quickness which has jamadar defense. They could have made 18xx server with hard farm for juraid items, but no you guys complain about juraid items when people will be able to get krowaz and utc weapons in a few months down the road which are actually hard to farm and upgrade to even +7, also as i said if they take away mining and fishing we will have op players already which would make exp in cz impossible, but if they take away our items then what will we do if we deleted our quest items we can't buy those back from kaishan, nor will we be able to get money cause you know sb and gb's are hard to drop here. Think about everyone new players will either be at disadvantage if it is removed, and it is unfair if people who are already here lose their items and then they don't have anything to use to level up afterwards.

hope that answers your problems :) this guy was thinking before typing his idea not type everything that comes out of the mouth 

@  FinalFantasy : (14 June 2015 - 01:23 AM) Let me say one last thing for all of you, if it it such a problem for these items being so easy then why is this server a 20xx farm server where let's see krowaz/ utc items are available i.e belt of quickness which has jamadar defense. They could have made 18xx server with hard farm for juraid items, but no you guys complain about juraid items when people will be able to get krowaz and utc weapons in a few months down the road which are actually hard to farm and upgrade to even +7, also as i said if they take away mining and fishing we will have op players already which would make exp in cz impossible, but if they take away our items then what will we do if we deleted our quest items we can't buy those back from kaishan, nor will we be able to get money cause you know sb and gb's are hard to drop here. Think about everyone new players will either be at disadvantage if it is removed, and it is unfair if people who are already here lose their items and then they don't have anything to use to level up afterwards.

hope that answers your problems :) this guy was thinking before typing his idea not type everything that comes out of the mouth 

Edit: Pretty sure that I read that wrong, sorry.

Just to make sure, you directed that toward FinalFantasy?

The Monster stone's thing is fine as well, Go to USKO and you have the Old Unique's the -same- as they are here.. anyone and there brother can do Monster Stone's all day and get the gear from them.. But remember they don't go three old = old +1, It's teh crappy crappy process of (lots of luck required) turning 3 olds into 1 normal. 

The Monster stone's thing is fine as well, Go to USKO and you have the Old Unique's the -same- as they are here.. anyone and there brother can do Monster Stone's all day and get the gear from them.. But remember they don't go three old = old +1, It's teh crappy crappy process of (lots of luck required) turning 3 olds into 1 normal. 

I don't think you read my entire post.

I'm aware that you cannot upgrade old accessories beyond +0(counting aside the turning it into a normal one, which is fine). The problem of old uniques exist on USKO as well, and I think it's just as bad. That's why I included "(I'm slightly torn on how to feel about this myself)". :)

I must say that i agree with Xianji. There are already TOO MANY unique items on the server and some people didn't even move from moradon yet. Unique should be a reward and in my opinion we should work harder for this, clicking space once a 10mins is totally unacceptable. Relaunching server must include some of our ideas, because it can't exist as it is right now.

It's not about too much chest or not. It's about that it doesn't worth farming or going to events since fishing / mining is more productive.

There should be better farming spots at CZ to attract people there, atm it's way more profitable to sit all day long and fishing, let alone that it doesn't require any effort whatsoever than go to cz and farm for real. Same for events, Chaos for example is one of the funnies event imo tho it just doesn't rly worth it since you can get more chest + fragments during that 20-30 mins from fishing+ mining even if u only do it with 1 char as well as getting monster stones ---> more exp + old unique opportunity too.

So ye i couldn't care less about how much chest there is (but it's definitely too high regardless if there ll be krowaz / utc or not), but it's the fact that fishing / mining is the best farm which is silly, manual farming should be way better than AFK one.