Sign in to follow this  
Marshmallow

Atross/Riots NP bugged

If at least one person in the party isn't within the mob range when it dies, that person will get all the nps and the rest of the party won't get anything. That's the bug.

35 minutes ago, Nath said:

If at least one person in the party isn't within the mob range when it dies, that person will get all the nps and the rest of the party won't get anything. That's the bug.

Are you sure you don't mean the other way around (rest of the party will only get NP based on what they contributed minus the portion of the player that's ranging the mob)? If so, that's expected behaviour.

if anyone far in your party when u killed riote/atross/sundires/cs and more... sometimes only the far one got all nps. another players doesn't get any nps. and it started 3-4 month ago.

19 minutes ago, twostars said:

Are you sure you don't mean the other way around (rest of the party will only get NP based on what they contributed minus the portion of the player that's ranging the mob)? If so, that's expected behaviour.

Well I've just cleaned up XP/NP distribution logic for the next patch because it seems there was a discrepancy between who was being counted (excluding ranged player) and who was being rewarded (including ranged player).

What this means is, they were losing their credited portion (as expected)... but then also being included in the distribution, causing the (potentially, if other parties are involved) lesser amount of NP being divvied up to be even smaller between the extra who for all intents and purposes had no credited part in it.

I still don't really understand the specific details being given here ("sometimes only the far one got all nps. another players doesn't get any nps. and it started 3-4 month ago."), but this is a start -- if not a resolution to this problem.

We can only hope.

What I said, not the other way around (what you described). @ItzMad confirmed it. Not sure about when it started, but the player not in the mob's range get the nps, the rest of the party get nothing.

Edited by Nath

18 hours ago, Nath said:

What I said, not the other way around (what you described). @ItzMad confirmed it. Not sure about when it started, but the player not in the mob's range get the nps, the rest of the party get nothing.

I've been thinking a lot about this, and I think my patch will fix it.

I think it's an oddly specific scenario where the player who's ranging the mob is also ranging the party, and also obtained threat on it first... so when rewards are distributed it's based around their range to other players in the party (because this was dumb and looking up the party; which was also unintentionally relative to the base player, rather than the mob). This much was removed entirely because it was unnecessary and conflicted with the existing party filtering from the threat distribution (so we're using the party as already filtered there).

The more I think about it, the more it doesn't exactly make sense (the mentioned base in the filtered list is actually the first person who hasn't been filtered), but whatever. I have hope this issue will clear up after the next patch.