Panel sayfamızda bulunan Download linklerini görebilmeniz için hesabınıza giriş yapmanız gerekmektedir. ×

Aztec gold curse

muffzord

Can we bring back the state of aztec gold curse when it used to give nps to the caster?

I mean, its stupid right now that mages dont get any reward for getting a kill with the curse. People would rather heal themselves to not lose nps.

Kinda the best curse for mage is broken and im not sure why coz, not working like on usko argument is pretty lame.

Pretty sure most apexians would like to see more magos so this could be a small positive factor for everyone who want to start mago pvp.

oke? 

its stupid right now that mages dont get any reward for getting a kill with the 1% RNG curse.

Lol, what should you be rewarded for? What exactly did you do that made you deserving of that kill other than randomly wacking a target?

You consider it fair to ensure a kill with zero counterplay based on luck? I... I just can't...

Lol, why should you be rewarded for? What exactly did you do that made you deserving of that kill other than randomly wacking a target?

You consider it fair to ensure a kill with zero counterplay based on luck? I... I just can't...

THIS, wacking a target is what everybody do to get a kill, however mages using aztec gold staffs are denied of getting nps from it in certain situations.

Zero counterplay? You know what cure is right?

Im glad you mentioned the 1% so its clear that it doesnt happen often.

if aztec worked on enemy and that enemy healed hisself,then it means he's killed hisself.not you.So you won't be rewarded normally

Thx sudo for your input. However this topic is about changing it.

+1 change it back ..

Hard enouth at times for mage   stelth rogues  portu dots pull  priests duff malic  and so on 

But mage kinda low HP   low AC  then staff also removes more ac when used   1% for curse and after getttin a staff working to use it  curse goes off you get punished for it....

Should give the nps to attacker just becouse its pk and the attacker desurves them..  

no one woul dbe happy if chaos goes off and if guy dies no nps couse he was unable to pot attack so on   same with any curse....

Its the only curse that can stop attacker from not reciving nps and with the macros in server  almost no sin will ever loose nps to a aztec staff now...

Go back and make it nps to caster  stop the running and killing them selfs

THIS, wacking a target is what everybody do to get a kill, however mages using aztec gold staffs are denied of getting nps from it in certain situations.

Zero counterplay? You know what cure is right?

Im glad you mentioned the 1% so its clear that it doesnt happen often.

Cure? That's situational. If you're 1v1 with the mage and you're almost full hp, odds are that you'll have time to cure it. However, even if you're at 90% HP and the mage has at least ONE buddy helping him (warrior, or especially sin), you're as good as dead. Gets progressively worse in scenarios where you're lower %HP and the mage has more teammates to help. (Assuming these are small skirmish scenarios, because if you're using staff in a proper 8v8 you won't survive anyway to get the kill).

All in all, no ability should be a death sentence. Even Full Skill Gear (chaos curse) isn't as bad. You want to be rewarded with a full kill for a random ass proc that took 0 skill to get? That's horrid design, sorry. MGame nailed this one, even if it was by chance. Just be happy it's a very strong effect as it is, especially in events, and that you can instantly take a target out of the fight even if it means not getting NP for it. There's a high chance you might get it anyway.

It's bugged though. The afflicted user's health bar should turn to gray when the curse goes off, but it doesn't, so people just keep on chugging healing potions and/or minor and die faster than they should.

I'm pretty happy with this decision because I hated when I'd die and lose NP by Aztec curse. It was like "WTF man that mage didn't do shit, lucky bastard got me Aztac'd!" Indeed no mage deserves such a reward but you have to understand that Aztec is rubbish now and maybe useful for party vs party and hoping that the curse kills a priest. Other than that this decision has fucked mages real good. I'd say revert the effect and reward them NP if that makes more mages pop up. After all mages are pretty much free NP and you wouldn't want them gone right?

Cure? That's situational. If you're 1v1 with the <warrior with chaos weapon or rogue with diet, idk pick something> and you're almost full hp, odds are that you'll have time to cure it. However, even if you're at 90% HP and the mage has at least ONE buddy helping him (warrior, or especially sin), you're as good as dead. Gets progressively worse in scenarios where you're lower %HP and the mage has more teammates to help. (Assuming these are small skirmish scenarios, because if you're using staff in a proper 8v8 you won't survive anyway to get the kill).

All in all, no ability should be a death sentence. Even Full Skill Gear (chaos curse) isn't as bad. You want to be rewarded with a full kill for a random ass proc that took 0 skill to get? That's horrid design, sorry. MGame nailed this one, even if it was by chance. Just be happy it's a very strong effect as it is, especially in events, and that you can instantly take a target out of the fight even if it means not getting NP for it. There's a high chance you might get it anyway.

It's bugged though. The afflicted user's health bar should turn to gray when the curse goes off, but it doesn't, so people just keep on chugging healing potions and/or minor and die faster than they should.

Is there counterplay? Yes, cure.

Is it tricky to use it? Yes, not always tho.

Next. 

How can you use number of mages teammates as an argument? Seriously, following that logic I can say that 1% is not enough because when 2 rogues attack me I have maybe 2-3 hits before they kill me. 

Maybe nerf rogues then? Yes, when you get attacked by many people you die so best way to not die is to avoid being attacked by many people. TADA

I can sense in your posts that you are unable to put yourself in a situation that you play other class than rogue. Is chaos curse so bad? Sure not, if you are playing rogue you run away. If you are mage tho, you get high damage with nothing to do about it.

I say, no skill or ability that cause death should work with no consequences for the ones who die. I mean, its the pk zone right? You die to a mob - you lose exp, you die to other people - you lose nps. You die coz of aztec curse - its cool. (same with sacrifice skill although Im not sure if it still works that way).

Funny how you say that it takes 0 skill to trigger the curse, yet earlier you mentioned that in 8vs8 you won't survive to get a kill.

Imho it takes a skill to trigger the curse seeing as many hits are needed to cause it and mages are the first targets in pvp.

Furthermore, stun rates got changed in february and its harder to stun anyone.

Lastly, the fact that there are just a very few mages in cz who use staff attack instead of running with a shield (not counting mage clans that get most of their nps from nuking) says something about having a skill to trigger the curse.

Thats why I think mages deserve that entry on chat and nps for a kill.

Both chaos and res. diet halt your own healing in a way. However, you can still be minored and healed by a priest in both cases, regen also works. You can still minor with diet too.

Aztec Gold is in a league of its own. You can potentially receive 3400 direct damage in an instant while having no way to recover health.

I can sense in your posts that you are unable to put yourself in a situation that you play other class than rogue.

Is that why your "counterplay" to this is cure? You too are turning this into a rogue centric debate, perhaps unknowingly. How do you cure as a mage, kurian or warrior? No priest will cure you over attempting a heal when your health is quickly dropping and your life bar is purple, only if they're in voice chat and that's still a big stretch considering that the health bar is also bugged so you can't even tell yourself if the specific AG curse is on you!

no skill or ability that cause death should work with no consequences for the ones who die.

What? You get taken out of the fight. That's huge in juraid, bdw and in parties that have no mage and / or rezzer. Also, you can die with Sacrifice without losing anything so the above is false anyway (considering sacrifice is a skill that has been available since the first version of KO).

No, there's no skill in spamming 1 button to get a certain kill even at 80-90% health enemies. Amount of hits needed? You realize this curse can proc even with 1 R attack right? That's the flawed nature of RNG procs. Lastly, you can still easily get the kills. Maybe not everytime, but more often than not for sure. You telling me people are timing health potions to kill themselves? I very much doubt that. If it happens, it happens by chance. No one with almost full health will kill himself deliberately, and with low HP its natural to try even harder to heal oneself. In a panic situation, unless you're sure that it is the curse (once again, lack of clarity on the health bar), odds are that if the person happens to deny the kill, it was on accident.

Anyway, lucky based procs that can kill people are bad for the game. Res diet and chaos still have considerably more counterplay available (chaos lasts less, res. diet you can use skills to escape, and in both cases you can get healed from a 3rd party). If your idea of aztec gold is balanced then make it so dark vane effectively can kill you in 1 hit as the tooltip reads, why not, right?

Both chaos and res. diet halt your own healing in a way. However, you can still be minored and healed by a priest in both cases, regen also works. You can still minor with diet too.

Aztec Gold is in a league of its own. You can potentially receive 3400 direct damage in an instant while having no way to recover health.

Im not going to debate if AG curse is OP or not, its not the case here. Theres a reason why game creators gave such useful curse to mage class and its pretty obvious too.

Because what is 3400 dmg on 1%? How much damage do you get when chaos triggers on you? 3400 is what mages get from some sins spike+R on CP.

Is that why your "counterplay" to this is cure? You too are turning this into a rogue centric debate, perhaps unknowingly. How do you cure as a mage, kurian or warrior? No priest will cure you over attempting a heal when your health is quickly dropping and your life bar is purple, only if they're in voice chat and that's still a big stretch considering that the health bar is also bugged so you can't even tell yourself if the specific AG curse is on you!

That was just an example. Another counterplay can be killing the mage or forcing him to stop attacking which happens a lot of times. Can it be used for warriors triggering chaos curse? 

What? You get taken out of the fight. That's huge in juraid, bdw and in parties that have no mage and / or rezzer. Also, you can die with Sacrifice without losing anything so the above is false anyway (considering sacrifice is a skill that has been available since the first version of KO).

You misunderstood here. People can and some use sacrifice to kill themselves at low hp so they wouldnt lose nps. 

You realize this curse can proc even with 1 R attack right? 

1% means that 1 of 100 hits will trigger curse. Dont ask me to explain such silly things. I don't want this topic to be a retardfest.

Again, there is a skill in spamming 1 button to get a certain kill because its never as easy as you put it. As a mage you need to know when it is possible to start spamming that button without getting killed. It takes 1sin to kill a mage pretty fast so its not easy at all. I thought a KO veteran like you should know that but seems that at this point of discussion you would write anything to prove your point.

Lastly, you can still easily get the kills. Maybe not everytime, but more often than not for sure. You telling me people are timing health potions to kill themselves?

Getting a kill is possible theoretically. Practically, every sin with minor on macro (which on Apex is almost every sin) just runs away healing himself until his hp bar is empty. Timing hp pots? Easy to do knowing that you lose 2k hp straight.

My idea of AG is balanced because its a mage whos able to trigger it.

Now, the curse is too OP for you but since you can't modify/delete it, best way is too deny the mage of chat entry and nps. Thats wrong.

ON TOPIC:

My suggestion is to go back to the previous state of aztec gold curse which is: mage gets nps and chat entry if the victim kills himself with healing. Its not about whether the curse is good or bad...

Deny the mage of kills? Still a big chance you will kill them.

Also it's not only 3400 HP lost in that imaginary scenario. That's the damage taken. It's even more potential health lost considering you have no sustain. Example: You lose 1700 HP for using a hp potion, but it's not just 1700, it's 2420 because that's the effective HP lost if the potion actually took effect. All the potions and minor healing you avoid doing to not get damaged, that's also more health lost. It adds exponentially especially with 10K heals.

The game creators gave a pretty useful curse to mages! But they also made it so that mages wouldn't get NP on enemy suicide. If you're gonna go by what's been established, then your argument has zero value because you'd be admitting that it's already working as intended.

Bottom line is: This is how official KO works. If we're gonna ask for custom bullshit then I want power shot on a 20 seconds CD, styx to remove 6k mana (current KO everyone has over 8k mana so 3k consumption isn't much) and fire rain curse to do 500 damage on proc because 250 is too low!

How about a imaginary scenario that chaos curse gets triggered on a priest, means he will lose 10k hp! or on a rogue how many times 60? :)

Kinda the best curse for mage is broken and im not sure why coz, not working like on usko argument is pretty lame.

And so we ended up with official ko sthsthsthnvm.

This is Apexko and there are already custom things implemented. If you would like to see styx draining more mana then suggest that in another topic. (I wouldnt mind that change :P )

If you can change something so imperfect like the official KO version then why not?

Im not asking for new custom bullshit. Im asking to bring back the functionality that already been working great.