Sign in to follow this  
DHC

Passion Warrior Damage Too Low

Passion warrior at the moment does around 80 damage more than attack warrior so you can't even really notice a difference on the opponents screen.

Passion loses 300 AC and the reward for that is supposed to increase damage by quite a bit! On USKO the difference is around 100-300 damage.

This would make for more interesting plays and builds as you can decide whether you prefer to play it safe and have high AC and decent damage or go more glass cannon passion and have 300 less AC but more damage.

I don't by any means mean that passion should be OP but working to level 83 is very very hard and should be rewarded as well.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts,

All tests were made with +8 raptor and shell set +7 (both warriors)

in usko the difference is really big between passion and hell blade due to the fact that passion warriors buff your ap by x amount of %, if you have low ap, the buff you get also won't be that big. The reason that in USKO people have huge damage with passion is because they also have huge items (in older servers up to 6K attack power). Haven't tested out passion warrior here myself, but just wanted to clear that out.

People always tend to forget that they buff the entire party by a lot too.

Ideally, both options should have advantages and disadvantages. If Berserk completely outclasses the Attack tree, then there's not much of a choice left is there?

"But, you lose 300 ac!" Which does nothing against mages damage, means little on the class with the highest AC and HP in the game, and is further diminished by the level 55 defense tree passive (that you access at 83).

Just because you work hard to reach 83 doesn't mean that you should be given a build option that outperforms the other one in every regard. This is especially true when you consider how other classes don't really get entire new playstyles unlocked at 83, more like measly extra abilities that in most cases barely tend to make a difference.

The way it is right now, no, the way it even was in Apex 1, was fine. You lose AC, spend 100 more mana per skill, lose leg cutting and blooding, but in return you get more damage (both R and ability), a party wide buff of 50-70 AP and 400 hp / mp, AoE capabilities (now fixed), and useful little hp to mp (and viceversa) transfer abilities.

You guys need to look at whole picture when it comes to proper balance :)

People always tend to forget that they buff the entire party by a lot too.

Ideally, both options should have advantages and disadvantages. If Berserk completely outclasses the Attack tree, then there's not much of a choice left is there?

"But, you lose 300 ac!" Which does nothing against mages damage, means little on the class with the highest AC and HP in the game, and is further diminished by the level 55 defense tree passive (that you access at 83).

Just because you work hard to reach 83 doesn't mean that you should be given a build option that outperforms the other one in every regard. This is especially true when you consider how other classes don't really get entire new playstyles unlocked at 83, more like measly extra abilities that in most cases barely tend to make a difference.

The way it is right now, no, the way it even was in Apex 1, was fine. You lose AC, spend 100 more mana per skill, lose leg cutting and blooding, but in return you get more damage (both R and ability), a party wide buff of 50-70 AP and 400 hp / mp, AoE capabilities (now fixed), and useful little hp to mp (and viceversa) transfer abilities.

You guys need to look at whole picture when it comes to proper balance :)

"But, you lose 300 ac!" Which does nothing against mages damage, means little on the class with the highest AC and HP in the game, and is further diminished by the level 55 defense tree passive (that you access at 83)."

300 is absolutely HUGE, if it wasn't why would you buy 300 AC scrolls and not just run around with buffs? You get hit hard by rouges with CP and eskrima already, losing 300 is a massive sacrifice and should be a trade off by a substantial amount of damage.

"Just because you work hard to reach 83 doesn't mean that you should be given a build option that outperforms the other one in every regard. This is especially true when you consider how other classes don't really get entire new playstyles unlocked at 83, more like measly extra abilities that in most cases barely tend to make a difference."

Well that's just it, I'm not saying it should outperform attack in every regard, refer to your own points about losing 300 AC, using 100 more mana, losing leg cut and blooding... All of which are sacrifices with very very little gain.

"AoE capabilities (now fixed), and useful little hp to mp (and viceversa) transfer abilities."

The AoE skills are pretty meh and a bit buggy (I'll have to write another report) about this :D) and the hp to mp, really? Please... :D

The way it is now there is no point in warriors going passion as the 80 attack damage (on the warriors screen so even less on the enemy's screen) and the tiny party buff it gives just doesn't make it viable.

There should be a balance between the two, attack for decent damage along with utilities such as leg cut and blooding, 400 mana on hell blade and normal defence.

Passion for more of a glass cannon, higher damage and -300 AC and 100 more mana per skill whilst losing leg cut and blooding.

A lot of players on the beta have told me they don't think passion is worth it but wanted to test it out.

i have to tell you guys, DHC is right

passion normally is better then attack build

here it would be bad if you go passion, cause the attack difference is like minimum and u loose AC and u use more mana each skill.... and that only for 80 dmg, like this a lvl 80 warrior would beat a lvl 83 warrior (if he uses passion)

80 damage difference between attack and passion build, are you not having 100% uptime on Berserker or should it be stronger regardless of Berserker? Last time I tried and balance this decently I found that without Berserker it'd be slightly less than Hell Blade, but with Berserker it'd go 200~300 damage over Hell Blade easily (Raptor +8 with a mixture of shells +7 and +8)

Passion should be alot stronger than normal attack (hell blade) warriors, that's how it has been since it got added, and that's how it should be. period.

You give up defenses which makes you a more vulnerable target to other melee classes, but you gain alot of attack power, if the damage you get from passion is just a small bit extra compared to hell blade, then fuck passion ima play hell blade. The reason people play passion in USKO is because it is worth it, if you guys make it this way that the stats you get are 80 damage? then you got no clue how warriors are supposed to be in the newest version of the game.

80 damage difference between attack and passion build, are you not having 100% uptime on Berserker or should it be stronger regardless of Berserker? Last time I tried and balance this decently I found that without Berserker it'd be slightly less than Hell Blade, but with Berserker it'd go 200~300 damage over Hell Blade easily (Raptor +8 with a mixture of shells +7 and +8)

The tests we made were with berserker on of course but it should be stronger regardless. 

With berserker on it should be 200-300 more damage over hell blade but it's not, we tested this multiple times in the beta with shell set +7 and raptor +8.

Me and my friends reskilled to hell blade as Passion wasn't worth it at all.

Passion should be alot stronger than normal attack (hell blade) warriors, that's how it has been since it got added, and that's how it should be. period.

You give up defenses which makes you a more vulnerable target to other melee classes, but you gain alot of attack power, if the damage you get from passion is just a small bit extra compared to hell blade, then fuck passion ima play hell blade. The reason people play passion in USKO is because it is worth it, if you guys make it this way that the stats you get are 80 damage? then you got no clue how warriors are supposed to be in the newest version of the game.

So by worth it you mean, a point where there's not even a choice anymore between the two?

In USKO you can still play hell blade if you'd like, but as i mention before. The damage you get from passion should be a lot bigger when using berserk skill compared to the hell blade skill, due to the 300 ac loss. What's the point of giving up 300 for just a small bit amount of extra damage, that makes no sense.

Will be giving it a small increase again - good thing is these things can be adjusted live, keep the discussion ongoing. Personally, I think there'll be a point where its a good choice to use, but not necessarily for everyone. The AC argument is about as bad as it gets, you guys just flick on shields when things go south and Berserker is on, don't you? :P

Will be giving it a small increase again - good thing is these things can be adjusted live, keep the discussion ongoing. Personally, I think there'll be a point where its a good choice to use, but not necessarily for everyone. The AC argument is about as bad as it gets, you guys just flick on shields when things go south and Berserker is on, don't you? :P

That's great to hear! :) look forward to testing it out.

In general warriors don't buy shields because it's already hard enough to get a good weapon never mind a shield as well! :D

Sign in to follow this