Sign in to follow this  
muffzord

Low dmg on arrow shower and multiple shot - archer class

Hey hey hey, 

So I noticed that damage from every arrow in arrow shower and multiple shot does not involve elemental damage.

Imho it makes huge difference for archers who should be deadliest in close combat by showering opponent with arrows in seconds.

Hope its not made that way on purpose because archers dmg will be so low that none gonna play it. :(

Fix plx.

Well kinda sure he means the ridiculously high dmg raise with elemental rings and matching bow ---> making 5x 400+ etc kinda dmgs with arrow shower. Which i doubt gonna happen here since it wasn't like that at usko too.

Pretty sure he does indeed mean the insane damage increase with elemental rings; we've disabled that on purpose spreading out the damage increase over all 5 (or 3) arrows as opposed to applying it to each arrow. 

What I meant has nothing to do with elemental from rings, only elemental from bow. Each arrow in arrow shower and multi shot supposed to deal damage same as it does with R attack (Archery skill). Thats how it is on USKO. Here I noticed by using Death wing bow (170 total elemental damage IN BOW), Eagle Eye (90 poison damage), horn crossbow +0 (0 elemental damage) that difference between damage from arrow shower/multi shot and R attack (archery skill) gets larger as elemental damage in bow increase. 

The best way to test it would be for example trying damage with horn crossbow +8 with elemental on it and one without - unfortunately I can't upgrade horn crossbow as I get "upgrading items does not match" notice.

During PK it looks like this: with EE+8(90poison damage) and 130ap a scrolled warrior gets 150 damage each arrow (arrow shower), and with Death Wing Bow +8(170 elemental damage) and 119ap the same warrior gets even lower damage.

Now I know that on official there probably won't even be Death Wing Bow but all I try to say here is that 150 damage is way too low and IMHO the reason why it is so low is that arrow shower/multi shot does not include the elemental damage from BOW.

What I meant has nothing to do with elemental from rings, only elemental from bow. Each arrow in arrow shower and multi shot supposed to deal damage same as it does with R attack (Archery skill). Thats how it is on USKO. Here I noticed by using Death wing bow (170 total elemental damage IN BOW), Eagle Eye (90 poison damage), horn crossbow +0 (0 elemental damage) that difference between damage from arrow shower/multi shot and R attack (archery skill) gets larger as elemental damage in bow increase. 

The best way to test it would be for example trying damage with horn crossbow +8 with elemental on it and one without - unfortunately I can't upgrade horn crossbow as I get "upgrading items does not match" notice.

During PK it looks like this: with EE+8(90poison damage) and 130ap a scrolled warrior gets 150 damage each arrow (arrow shower), and with Death Wing Bow +8(170 elemental damage) and 119ap the same warrior gets even lower damage.

Now I know that on official there probably won't even be Death Wing Bow but all I try to say here is that 150 damage is way too low and IMHO the reason why it is so low is that arrow shower/multi shot does not include the elemental damage from BOW.

What you're describing sounds like the warrior has more resistance to one of the elemental damages on the death wing bow, not to mention the AP difference - all in all, it does contribute to your arrow showers (on top of your 'R' damage) but resistances are taken into account - allowing it to 'bug' like all the other servers means a 150 damage increase on each AS/MS arrow which would immediately take you from 'UP' (which archers aren't, imo) to blatantly OP

I have no idea how warriors resistance should influence elemental damages. If he has 200lightning resistance does that mean that from 100 lightning damage hes going to get 10 or 50??? How that conversion works? 

Also if lower damage would be caused by opponents resistances then why R attack is noticably higher than arrows in MS/AS? I can't understand that.

I didn't play many private servers, only USKO servers so i have no idea where that 150 damage increase bug comes from. Maybe from elemental rings but those are not the topic here.

Let's say I am going to use Iron Bow +7/70 or +8/80 on official. My opponent having let's say 100poison resistance should get like 40-50 dmg (guessing) from elemental in my bow. That's the damage I am talking about here to be fixed. 50 damage is not as high as 150 per arrow but its more than 0. Won't make archers OP - on the side note talking about archers being OP nowadays is a joke.

Archer class dealing damage that can be easily outpoted is heavily underpowered - thats why I stay by my opinion and still ask you to fix that ~50 (or less/more) elemental damage.

Just check how many archers ppl made during exp and pvp beta...

I have no idea how warriors resistance should influence elemental damages. If he has 200lightning resistance does that mean that from 100 lightning damage hes going to get 10 or 50??? How that conversion works? 

Also if lower damage would be caused by opponents resistances then why R attack is noticably higher than arrows in MS/AS? I can't understand that.

I didn't play many private servers, only USKO servers so i have no idea where that 150 damage increase bug comes from. Maybe from elemental rings but those are not the topic here.

Let's say I am going to use Iron Bow +7/70 or +8/80 on official. My opponent having let's say 100poison resistance should get like 40-50 dmg (guessing) from elemental in my bow. That's the damage I am talking about here to be fixed. 50 damage is not as high as 150 per arrow but its more than 0. Won't make archers OP - on the side note talking about archers being OP nowadays is a joke.

Archer class dealing damage that can be easily outpoted is heavily underpowered - thats why I stay by my opinion and still ask you to fix that ~50 (or less/more) elemental damage.

Just check how many archers ppl made during exp and pvp beta...

The problem arises when the elemental damage from accessories gets added to it; that's what makes it overpowered when 'reverting' this change, as for comparing damages - the RNG on archer damage is higher than any other class, 3 samples aren't enough to conclude the difference and to properly analyse the problem you should be using higher AP weapons (as the difference will be more noticeable there). A comparison with archer's R damage would also be appreciated

Ok, it is really hard to show damage with archer because of huge damage difference between every arrow. 

I took some SSes showing:

1) difference between R damage and arrow shower damage on scarecrow with 3 different bows

2) difference between R damage and arrow shower damage on int priest with 2 bows - one with elemental on it and one without

First:

j08dgz.jpg

Death wing bow = 110pd and 60ld

Archery (R attack): 973 - 1011

Arrow shower:  726 - 838

1slimv.jpg

Eagle eye = 90pd

Archery: 788 - 973

AS: 710 - 878

28tklz6.jpg

Horn crossbow +0 - 0pd 

aRchery: 431 - 511

AS: 460 - 555

Sure someone could say that if I shoot another 5 arrows damage will be different. Yes but there will be always huge difference for bows with high elemental damage and no difference for bow with no elemental. On USKO R dmg and each arrow in AS is about the same.

Note that doesn't matter at all in this test if scarecrow has any resistances or not.

Let's check now difference in PVP.

Second:

11mde0j.jpg

Horn crossbow + 0 - 0pd of course, priest isnt shielded or scrolled (doesnt matter anyway)

Archery: 138 - 163

AS: 130 - 148

a4pyu0.jpg

Death wing bow +8 - 110pd and 60ld

Archery: 257 - 302 (theres one arrow that failed)

AS: 190 - 234

All this tells me that there is something wrong with archers damage dealt by AS and MS on ApexKO server.

If I am wrong and elemental damage from bow is included in total damage then please please please tell me what causes the difference that I think everyone can see in SSes above.

P.S. I am talking here about around ~50dmg per arrow which is low but in my eyes it would change archers status from 'free_nps' to 'those_nps_aint_that_free_as_you_may_think"...whatever

The additional damage isn't disabled, it's just spread out, as it's the only class that otherwise receives so much extra damage from elemental damage otherwise (because of all of the arrows). This way it just balances it back out to be considerably less OP (though all in all, it still ends up dealing a little bit more elemental damage than other classes).

Sign in to follow this