Panel sayfamızda bulunan Download linklerini görebilmeniz için hesabınıza giriş yapmanız gerekmektedir. ×

Competitive PK Solution - Enhance Town(ing) Req.

IIIAmJohnWick

Dear GMs,

This past week, I pk'ed on ApexKO and was truly disappointed at the number of players that would town after they took a series of 1-2 hits which would only scratch 10-15% of their HP. Might I ask, what is the functional purpose of even participating in colony zone for pk if the opposing nation towns as early as 95-99% HP ? Sure, there may be party vs party action, but tell me this, how long does that last until one side decides to town? Leading on to my second point, this is also partly the reason why at different times throughout the day/night, different sides are at advantage due to nation imbalance because one side decides to leave colony zone since the opposing nation runs around in colony zone and constantly towns if they are unable to out-compete their foe and denies them of pk.

Here is my suggestion, now it is very simple and effective to making pk competitive and preventing this dilemma. Enhance the requirement of being able to town up to 90% HP (currently 50% requirement).

If you simply disagree or have a rebuttal to my argument please do enlighten me. I am perplexed as to why this wasn't implemented earlier.

What point? The fact that your 8 man party wants to farm helpless bowl roamers and random people who don't stand a chance against a fully fledged party? 50% HP town is a KO trademark and it will never be changed lol. It would upset more people than it would please. Coordinate your burst better then no one will town.

Stop trying to change the system just because you can't play around it. All you want is to make the strong even stronger, while taking a dump on those that actually rely on towning to survive an inevitable death (that would, in return, lead to leaving CZ, effectively reducing activity). Next you will want to ban running away lmao.

Tl;dr: git gud xd

What point? The fact that your 8 man party wants to farm helpless bowl roamers and random people who don't stand a chance against a fully fledged party? 50% HP town is a KO trademark and it will never be changed lol. It would upset more people than it would please. Coordinate your burst better then no one will town.

Stop trying to change the system just because you can't play around it. All you want is to make the strong even stronger, while taking a dump on those that actually rely on towning to survive an inevitable death (that would, in return, lead to leaving CZ, effectively reducing activity). Next you will want to ban running away lmao.

Tl;dr: git gud xd

8 man party? Majority of the time, I pk solo. Yes, I do in fact aim for bowl roamers and random people because in colony zone that is the objective; to PK ! What do you expect me to do? go solo against a full human party, where warriors simply adamant up and either town or descent to priest who is 1 step away? rely on towning? Why the F*** are they even in CZ if they are dependent on towning? Last I checked, this was a PK server. Change the system? Isn't that the functional purpose of offering suggestions, to benefit the community as a whole? Ban running away? Don't be preposterous.

Tl;Dr: @Onetrueidol I've gained approximately 5-6k NP's every pk session lasting approximately 2-3 hours in the past few weeks consistently and since I've seen the rate of towners so explicitly blown out of proportion this past week, I wrote this topic to do something about it. I didn't write this topic so I can have a competition against your ego, I wrote it to see what the GMs have to say. Your point has been noted.

The majority of players are warriors, wich dont have a problem with this since it takes 5 minutes to burst them below 50%. As a rogue atm we can not just coordinate our bursts against priests, warriors or kurians. Same with lightning mages, that just leaves us with other rogues and mages without blink.

Im totally with you on this one JohnWick, but unfortunately i think we are alone.

assassinko? :D if you want to raid farmers,you have to deserve it.You cannot force anyone to versus.if someone have same or similar gear with you and if you still want versus with them (not attack as stealth),do not worry they will try versus with you :)

Why don't you try join a pt and pk in bowl 8v8 or something? why did you only focus farmers and their town?

btw.if you use cp at first time,none can use /town while they're under the attack.

P.S.Atross Riote and Etaroth do not use /town button.if you interest only free nps,try hit them.if you want good pk in apex,leave newbies alone and come bowl for pk i generally do not see any towner in bowl (any party member)

Its not about free nps... Its about that this is a PK focused server, but alot of people DONT EVEN PK AT ALL!

If they die on human side they just relog orc etc.

And then we can twist it around @poly, a farmer get killed, from his perspective, should he cry? No. Why? Because that zone is for killing both players and monsters!

They are there for what you say, free np from Atross and Riote and items from Harunga that dont town. I engage on everyone i see even if they are more then one, so please cut the crap about "stop raiding farmers".

The point of adding the farm to CZ is to make it dangerous, not a running simulator where you go bowl, town, go bowl, town.

Im quoting myself from my topic.

Now a kill is 100-200 np's and you loose 50. Im saying, its not that bad idea to make people town a little less.

You do realize if you fail to town and get killed, you have about the same chanse next time that someone fails to town against you and you actually earn a kill there?

To me this would remove pointless running around, and increase the time spent fighting  :)

ofc it s dangerous that farm in cz.but there is a balance between classes too.make full geared a warrior and i think even a noob sin can kill him solo.hit all skills run far n make ur hp 100% and hit him again again again.warrior cant even use /town button although this is not a real fight at all.now if warrior see this is a kid,he can just town o.o
and i do not udnerstand you guys have really good gear and still talking about towners :D i dont think so if you guys hit someone,he can use town button..it's only drama.

Its not up to you to decide who should set foot in cz or not mate. There is a reason why towning has been set to %50 hp and that is to not to force you fights which arent in your favor. By changing it to %90 or so this would mean that well geared people would just kill everyone and people who are inferior in comparison with them would always die thus creating a loop where well farmed dudes farming people who are lesser in gear. I'm sorry but if i see someone fully geared and if I am sporting starting gear i woudnt fight either. If you complain this much of not getting vs's maybe you should try pking with starter gear and people might give you a try. You can always tackle this issue by simply forming 2-3 man sin parties and they wont be able to town before they die to you.

Its not up to you to decide who should set foot in cz or not mate. There is a reason why towning has been set to %50 hp and that is to not to force you fights which arent in your favor. By changing it to %90 or so this would mean that well geared people would just kill everyone and people who are inferior in comparison with them would always die thus creating a loop where well farmed dudes farming people who are lesser in gear. I'm sorry but if i see someone fully geared and if I am sporting starting gear i woudnt fight either. If you complain this much of not getting vs's maybe you should try pking with starter gear and people might give you a try. You can always tackle this issue by simply forming 2-3 man sin parties and they wont be able to town before they die to you.

I understand where you are coming from, but having town capability at 50% is just ridiculous. It should be changed to at a minimum 70-80%. Anything outside of this ridiculous 50% town requirement. Answer me this question, If you solely logged into colony zone where the opposing nation consisted of two full man parties and the only opportunity you had at a kill was the party's melee's that got too far from the priest, what would you do? Attempt to kill them, when they simply town ? Chances are its either town or leave colony zone.... Whats the point of have activity on this server if it's just merchants in moradon? Perhaps I'm seeing an old trend reform. If thats the case, this server won't last another month or two. Hell, a lot of my former friends who I have played with in the past are quitting or have already quitted. Take for example, BillieJean, Harzi, Spaziergang to name a few. Maybe I should do the same ?

This topic could be narrowed down to: Do these sins even need to town as much as the poor farmers that they often brutalize?

The answer is no, so it's clear this change is in their best of interests, obviously.

Narrowed down? Isn't that a bias view since your generalizing it to one case; Farmers? Need I mention, this also includes you in that group? An archer that simply kills cardinals/shadow seekers all day long and then throws the occasional ice/lightning arrow at melees during intermittent times.

This game is not developed for you to play alone.Try to make friends.You'll notice that ppls cannot use town button,when attacked by 2 or more  assassins.You think only solo players like u.But they're not the main goal of this game..make a pt with friends and kill some enemies, lonely man.

I understand where you are coming from, but having town capability at 50% is just ridiculous. It should be changed to at a minimum 70-80%. Anything outside of this ridiculous 50% town requirement. Answer me this question, If you solely logged into colony zone where the opposing nation consisted of two full man parties and the only opportunity you had at a kill was the party's melee's that got too far from the priest, what would you do? Attempt to kill them, when they simply town ? Chances are its either town or leave colony zone.... Whats the point of have activity on this server if it's just merchants in moradon? Perhaps I'm seeing an old trend reform. If thats the case, this server won't last another month or two. Hell, a lot of my former friends who I have played with in the past are quitting or have already quitted. Take for example, BillieJean, Harzi, Spaziergang to name a few. Maybe I should do the same ?

Narrowed down? Isn't that a bias view since your generalizing it to one case; Farmers? Need I mention, this also includes you in that group? An archer that simply kills cardinals/shadow seekers all day long and then throws the occasional ice/lightning arrow at melees during intermittent times.

Man i do understand your frustration but its not going to make it better. I now c your motives much clear but the solution is not to change the behaviour of town mechanic, is to bring people back who left the game. I played actively here some time ago and with a couple of sins i was basically making a lot of nps with a well timed gank. I still do defend that with a good sin mate you can too. But I'm sorry you wont be able to kill those warriors who stray too far from the pack. They wont vs you, they wont stick to fight, they would just either descent back or town. Thats the capability of their playership you gotta accept that fact.

Man i do understand your frustration but its not going to make it better. I now c your motives much clear but the solution is not to change the behaviour of town mechanic, is to bring people back who left the game. I played actively here some time ago and with a couple of sins i was basically making a lot of nps with a well timed gank. I still do defend that with a good sin mate you can too. But I'm sorry you wont be able to kill those warriors who stray too far from the pack. They wont vs you, they wont stick to fight, they would just either descent back or town. Thats the capability of their playership you gotta accept that fact.

Point noted. I suppose I will have to deal with the cards I am dealt.

I guess the occasional shot is enough to get your nps lol.

Keep trying to ambush people, keep sending letters when you die like a bitch <3 and above all keep wasting your time. Nothing will change just because you can't get kills by yourself BabyRage

Don't recall sending letters when I drop to 0 HP. Thanks for your input, anyhow.

This game is not developed for you to play alone.Try to make friends.You'll notice that ppls cannot use town button,when attacked by 2 or more  assassins.You think only solo players like u.But they're not the main goal of this game..make a pt with friends and kill some enemies, lonely man.

I see what you mean. I suppose party pk is more this server's style.

alright, if this happen, instead of towning at 50% HP i will town right away :D

:o

I like how this JohnWick guy just says "good point but:"

I understand where you are coming from, but having town capability at 50% is just ridiculous. It should be changed to at a minimum 70-80%. Anything outside of this ridiculous 50% town requirement.

nice argument bro you're just repeating yourself without ever giving any reason as to why it's "ridiculous", just trying to yell your opinion louder than other people ayylmao

• Administrators

Just as much as you pick your fights (targets is probably a more appropriate word), your opponents should be given the opportunity (and ample time to go with that) to retreat from said fight. I doubt there are much people who willingly go into a fight against someone obviously stronger than them. There's a difference when people are "VS'ing" and then decide to retreat, one could argue that's a problem - but then again it's near impossible for us to go and do much about that. Even the proposed "disable towning when people are in combat for more than X seconds" isn't great as it incredibly heavily favors rogues (both because of their speed and the archer class in general; being the only class to have a chance at getting out of combat, and being able to keep fleeing opponents in combat with relative ease).

Don't think we'll ever change this.

Just as much as you pick your fights (targets is probably a more appropriate word), your opponents should be given the opportunity (and ample time to go with that) to retreat from said fight. I doubt there are much people who willingly go into a fight against someone obviously stronger than them. There's a difference when people are "VS'ing" and then decide to retreat, one could argue that's a problem - but then again it's near impossible for us to go and do much about that. Even the proposed "disable towning when people are in combat for more than X seconds" isn't great as it incredibly heavily favors rogues (both because of their speed and the archer class in general; being the only class to have a chance at getting out of combat, and being able to keep fleeing opponents in combat with relative ease).

Don't think we'll ever change this.

That makes sense. Atleast, now I have clarification on this topic.

I like how this JohnWick guy just says "good point but:"

nice argument bro you're just repeating yourself without ever giving any reason as to why it's "ridiculous", just trying to yell your opinion louder than other people ayylmao

I'm trying to have an intellectual conversation with people who actually care about this game. I don't need your negativity nor your criticism since its irrelevant. I re-stated "ridiculous" for the simple purpose of wanting the people who are speaking against me to elaborate more on the reason why it isn't ridiculous.