Panel sayfamızda bulunan Download linklerini görebilmeniz için hesabınıza giriş yapmanız gerekmektedir. ×

Change the behavior of /town

Change the behavior of /town  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 seconds is ALOT, but like 1-3 secs as the button is wouldnt mind me actually. You should be prepared to die when you are in CZ so...  :D

True, 3 seconds does sound a little bit better  ;)

Buy out an undef weapon then they are created for a purpose. THIS purpose to be specific. 

But let's be real.. It's 1% chance, and it's only for 5 seconds, also I believe that's mainly against mage Summon.

Priests / Mages can escape using Gate, which was probably the thought MGAME had in mind when adding those spells.

True, 3 seconds does sound a little bit better  ;)

But let's be real.. It's 1% chance, and it's only for 5 seconds, also I believe that's mainly against mage Summon.

Priests / Mages can escape using Gate, which was probably the thought MGAME had in mind when adding those spells.

Yes true undef only cancels mage tps but also it cancels gate as far as i know. If not i apologise. That being said %50 hp check is still there. I have played some servers which changed treshold to %75 even %90 and they were not really enjoyable. I think %50 is a good hp limit to town. Town option actually lets you get out of stupid fights and not lose nps like an idiot. For example you just saw 10 karus peeps approaching you and you are only one. If they make the treshold to %90, damage and you are there and ice shot/stun they catched up bam you are dead like an idiot. Two sins appeared behind you, you are alone they did r damage on you, this fight you cannot win you should town, but no you are forced to stay there and now you are bursted down and died. A lot of people will rage. Town option actually makes you not play like an idiot but to pick and choose your moves so that you attack in the best moment and prevent people from towning. This makes people to act more smart - to pick an choose their moves lets say- and not attack like a mindless idiot.

I would like to see undef weapons canceling town though. That would make the weapon more enjoyable and valuable for some sort of player group.

It's valid points, but at the same time, if you stun someone from afar, and they just town I'll most likely rage more about it.

I would not even be mad if an archer stunned me and made his party catch up and slay me, that's how it should be imo.

I do however disagree that keeping the town-function as it is now will make people act smarter,

as they can just town if they do a stupid move.

While with the added 3 seconds cooldown would make them possibly suffer from their mistake.

After all, it's a PK zone.

It's valid points, but at the same time, if you stun someone from afar, and they just town I'll most likely rage more about it.

I would not even be mad if an archer stunned me and made his party catch up and slay me, that's how it should be imo.

I do however disagree that keeping the town-function as it is now will make people act smarter,

as they can just town if they do a stupid move.

While with the added 3 seconds cooldown would make them possibly suffer from their mistake.

After all, it's a PK zone.

Yes maybe upon receiving damage not to be able town for 3 seconds would be  a good one. After all its not like hp % change of town and it might make people even more smart. I would be okey to see it tried actually now to think of it :)

How should this help anything?

/town with a 10 sec cooldown. I would think those 10 secs are well passed when it even matters.

Takes a good 3 secs to get out town, Takes more then 10 secs to see any action, unless ofcourse there is a party standing near town...

Im geussing it a 10 second delay, where 3 secs sounds good.

Seeing as the server will go full pk now.

• Administrators

This is something I've always considered doing, actually.

Main thing with this was just implementing support for an in-combat state (i.e. determining what that would actually mean to be 'in combat'), but 3 or 10s after being attacked works.

Main thing with this was just implementing support for an in-combat state (i.e. determining what that would actually mean to be 'in combat'), but 3 or 10s after being attacked works.

I think the main problem with a longer town delay is it favors the strong. The weaker (less geared & solo players) will be annoyed by it and quit the server. It may be a party/clan oriented game, but it doesn't mean people aren't forced to solo for one or an other reason..

Idea 1

R-attacks or spells should be enough to trigger the in-combat state I think.

DOTs and debuffs shouldn't really activate it because it would be too hard to get out of the state and never be able to town.

Idea 2

Only trigger the in-combat state if the damage from 1 spell or hit did over 20% damage of your max health.

• Administrators

I think the main problem with a longer town delay is it favors the strong. The weaker (less geared & solo players) will be annoyed by it and quit the server. It may be a party/clan oriented game, but it doesn't mean people aren't forced to solo for one or an other reason..

The problem with that logic is it's a PVP zone; if you want to avoid being killed, you shouldn't be there. /town is such a cheap escape tool it's unreal.

Don't get me wrong, there is a balance to be had in figuring out when you should and shouldn't be allowed -- that's the main reason this idea hasn't been realised yet. But I think that there's definitely a middle-ground here somewhere, once the specifics are worked out, and as such the entire idea shouldn't just be discounted.

The problem with that logic is it's a PVP zone; if you want to avoid being killed, you shouldn't be there. /town is such a cheap escape tool it's unreal.

Don't get me wrong, there is a balance to be had in figuring out when you should and shouldn't be allowed -- that's the main reason this idea hasn't been realised yet. But I think that there's definitely a middle-ground here somewhere, once the specifics are worked out, and as such the entire idea shouldn't just be discounted.

There is a middle ground - one can't insta town, there is a delay, and it's already implemented. If there is a poll to add a second to this delay then it would be justified, 10 seconds is a death sentence. I think your missing the point of what I wrote, as someone who actually plays, I know how frustrating this game can be in certain situations where you have no chance then to be an underdog, thus, more then ever you need to choose your battles if it's a pk server, and if the only choice is "don't play" then that's just stupid; we wan't people staying online and keep trying.

• Administrators

There is a middle ground - one can't insta town, there is a delay, and it's already implemented. If there is a poll to add a second to this delay then it would be justified, 10 seconds is a death sentence. I think your missing the point of what I wrote, as someone who actually plays, I know how frustrating this game can be in certain situations where you have no chance then to be an underdog, thus, more then ever you need to choose your battles if it's a pk server, and if the only choice is "don't play" then that's just stupid; we wan't people staying online and keep trying.

Sure, I understand that completely. But /town'ing out of an existing encounter is something that's also possible right now, so long as you have the HP for it and it's not on CD. And that is certainly not okay (and where my post was directed towards).

Edit: You mean "delay" in the CD sense, right? Not in a cast time sense? If not, nevermind me then. :-)

Edit 2: Ah, you mean the town icon itself has the delay, which is great -- but using /town in chat & via the command list (H) is still immediate.

Sure, I understand that completely. But /town'ing out of an existing encounter is something that's also possible right now, so long as you have the HP for it and it's not on CD. And that is certainly not okay (and where my post was directed towards).

Edit: You mean "delay" in the CD sense, right? Not in a cast time sense? If not, nevermind me then. :-)

What if you guys add undef weapons power to prevent opponents from towning? Give them power to prevent tps and town. That would make the weapon more appealing as well. Now not many players consider it valuable when compared with other curse based weapons.