Panel sayfamızda bulunan Download linklerini görebilmeniz için hesabınıza giriş yapmanız gerekmektedir. ×

Totally new player

Nooby

Hello,

I'm a totally new player and I have lots of questions about the game. I did tried searching for my answers through the mighty Google, but it turns out all the topics that I've found are in turkish language, which I do not speak. So my humble soul turns here to ask... everything :) I will appreciate all the answers (even the flame and jokes on my expense).

I've started playing on Apexko like 3 days ago (human side), I chose male assassin, because I like the style of play. Currently I'm all equipped with rental gear. 

So let me begin with my questions :)

1.)  After my rental gear's time wears off, will I be able to rent it again? Or will it completely disappear? If it does I will be screwed and left with naked char, not be contest the game mobs?

2.) I need to farm noahs to be able to get some good gear. What is the best place to do it?  As I've read a good place to do it is Blood seekers in Colony Zone so I've tried it, but orcs camp that spot and kill me all the time, thus not letting me work for better gear. So it there another suitable and good place where I can farm safely?

3.) Often People talk about GB = Gold Bars. But how do they get gold bars? I do not see any npc merchant selling gold bars. I've seen silver bar, but never gold bar, so how can I get those gold bars? 

4.) What is the best place for me to farm exp? Should I go solo exp'ing or try to find a party?

5.) As a new player, what will be my goal to aim for armor? Should I start saving for +7 shells or Mythrill? Or Rosetta? I will not try to get Krowaz, because as I've seen it's really expensive, don't even think I can save in the next couple of months noahs for even 1 part :D

6.) What is Forgotten Temple? What can I get from it? How can I join that event?

7.) What is Juraid Mountain? What can I get from it? How can I join that event?

8.) What is BDW? What can I get from it? How can I join that event?

9.) What events should I look for and join?

10.) What daggers should I get? I see people are often selling Hrunting dagger for 300-500m. Is it worth it? Once I farm that noahs, should I buy 2x? Also is hrunting dagger upgradable? What is the max. upgrade it can be?

11.) What accessories should I get? Rings? Earrings? Belt?

12.) If I do 70 & 80 quest for personal weapon, and as I know my luck it will break going to +2, then is there another way of my getting that personal weapon (besides buying it from other player) ?

13.) How should I distribute my skill points, being assassin once I reach 83 level? 80 assassin, 36 explore, 23 master?

14.) How should I set up my skill bar on lvl 83? So that I can be able to perform good in battles. What skills should I use more often?

May be something like this?

Bar F1:

- 1. Light feet

- 2. Eskrima

- 3. Critical Hit

- 4. Spike

- 5. Blind

- 6. Bloody Beast

- 7. Hp pot

- 8. Mana pot

- 9. Cure

- 10. Minor heal

15.) What is kc? Knight cash? How can I get it?

16.) Upon creating my character I got some sweet Wings. But I see they have some timer on them, meaning they will one day wear off. From where and how can I get such wings again?

Thank you for the time you've spend reading that topic. 

All answers will be highly appreciated!

1.)  After my rental gear's time wears off, will I be able to rent it again? Or will it completely disappear? If it does I will be screwed and left with naked char, not be contest the game mobs? 

You can rent new rental gear from a ronark land town npc (not the one who says rentals, though), this one costs 500k and will last 6 hours. Forgot the name but Im sure you can find it.

2.) I need to farm noahs to be able to get some good gear. What is the best place to do it?  As I've read a good place to do it is Blood seekers in Colony Zone so I've tried it, but orcs camp that spot and kill me all the time, thus not letting me work for better gear. So it there another suitable and good place where I can farm safely?

Just forget that your dieing and keep going back. If possible go during the mornings (europe timezone) when there is less people. To get nice profits you need to take risk. What I do is have sound on so when someone starts hitting me I will hear it and try to make an escape :D. Im assuming you know that genie is free (the built in "KOXP").

3.) Often People talk about GB = Gold Bars. But how do they get gold bars? I do not see any npc merchant selling gold bars. I've seen silver bar, but never gold bar, so how can I get those gold bars? 

It's just a shorter way to say 100m, there are no actual gold bars in this server that you can obtain.

4.) What is the best place for me to farm exp? Should I go solo exp'ing or try to find a party?

Try find an Evil Wizard party in eslant, say that you just want the exp and fill your invetory with bronze coins (so you can say your not taking their loot).

5.) As a new player, what will be my goal to aim for armor? Should I start saving for +7 shells or Mythrill? Or Rosetta? I will not try to get Krowaz, because as I've seen it's really expensive, don't even think I can save in the next couple of months noahs for even 1 part :D

At this point I would say: don't spend money on armor. Attend BDW and FT and make a +6 rosetta set. You may have to sell a part or buy a part if you get too many of a single one. Rentals will do fine until you have a set of +6 rosetta. Krowaz is out of your ballpark (or even out of most people's budget to be honest).

6.) What is Forgotten Temple? What can I get from it? How can I join that event?

It's an event where monsters will spawn in intervals, the final monster is Volcanic Rock that will hit really hard, you don't want to shoot it with arrows or use any kind of far attack else it will AOE nova. You get a blue chest and 2 apex chests which you need for a chance at krowaz materials and rosettas. Before the event begins you will see a popup at the top of your screen with a timer and a Join button. Click that and wait to see if you get in or get rejected (happens). For event times click on the hourglass on the top right side. You may have to convert timezones if your not in GMT +2. 

7.) What is Juraid Mountain? What can I get from it? How can I join that event?

Jurad Mountain registration is different from BDW and FT. When the notice comes that Jurad will start (10 minutes from the first notice) you must go to your main capital (Lufterson or El Morad Castle) and teleport to Estlant gate and to Eslant from there. Just in the opposite side of the teleport gate (same distance from town center) that takes you out of Eslant is the NPC that will let you register for Jurad. Once registered a pop-up comes and you see how many people have registered and how long you have until it starts. In Jurad you will have to defeat monsters in 3 different rooms with hopefully a full party of your nation players to get to the final room where a boss called Deva is sitting. This is a race who can get there first. If your nation's team is there first then you will kill Deva fast as possible and win 2x Silvery gems (lvl 79+ is silvery) which you can trade like the Apex Chests at the Chaos Generator for uniques. If both orcs and humans get there at the same time when Deva is still up you will have to fight for it. Whoever kills Deva or has more kills when the timer runs out will win. For the list of uniques you can just google it (best items you can get are String of Skulls, Cocatrice Earring and Minotaurs Earring).

8.) What is BDW? What can I get from it? How can I join that event?

BDW is an event that occures in a smaller area. A central monument will be occupied and a short timer will start a count down. Once the count down finishes who ever occupied the monument will win and end the event. In case the monument goes back and fourth between both nation partys the winner will be whoever has more kills when the general timer runs out. Joining works the same as in FT. You get 2x of those new Apex Chests and a red chest for winning.

9.) What events should I look for and join?

All of them: ED (Jurad), FT, BDW, Chaos (can only join once a day, though). Do the CZ daily and weekly quests also to get more apex chests.

10.) What daggers should I get? I see people are often selling Hrunting dagger for 300-500m. Is it worth it? Once I farm that noahs, should I buy 2x? Also is hrunting dagger upgradable? What is the max. upgrade it can be?

Right now I wouldnt pay more than 200m for a Hrunting dagger. Feel free to buy them they are pretty nice for the money, but bare in mind that the value of these will keep decreasing since more and more are added to the game with the new Apex Chests that give these. You can't upgrade them, but the general max in this server is +9 or +11 reverse which is the same as +9.

11.) What accessories should I get? Rings? Earrings? Belt?

Old uniques for now: Skeleton belt, Elf Metal Earrings, Ring of Life's, Warrior pendant.

12.) If I do 70 & 80 quest for personal weapon, and as I know my luck it will break going to +2, then is there another way of my getting that personal weapon (besides buying it from other player) ?

You can't buy these from other players. But you can redo the quests once you either rebirth your character (lvl 83 100%, 10k nps, 100m) which you can do 5 times. Or  do the weekly CZ quest where you need to kill 400 opponent nation players (not that hard if you join random partys). 

13.) How should I distribute my skill points, being assassin once I reach 83 level? 80 assassin, 36 explore, 23 master?

Yeah, that's standard I guess.

14.) How should I set up my skill bar on lvl 83? So that I can be able to perform good in battles. What skills should I use more often?

May be something like this?

Bar F1:

- 1. Light feet

- 2. Eskrima

- 3. Critical Hit

- 4. Spike

- 5. Blind

- 6. Bloody Beast

- 7. Hp pot

- 8. Mana pot

- 9. Cure

- 10. Minor heal

This is a question of personal preference, use skillbars that work for you. You can go practice your combo on the dummys outside moradon, next to the arenas.

15.) What is kc? Knight cash? How can I get it?

Knight Cash is the ingame Power Up Store currency. You either buy it from the PUS ingame for USD (left bottom button next to the M) or from other players.

16.) Upon creating my character I got some sweet Wings. But I see they have some timer on them, meaning they will one day wear off. From where and how can I get such wings again?

Either buy with knight cash from the ingame PUS or do achievements and use the 7 day battle wings you get from some of those (type /achieve to bring out the menu). Also about achievements you should kill 10k mobs without dieing and unlock the expert achievement for 40 def bonus. To apply achievement bonuses press U and select Achieve from the character info menu where you find a list, select the bonus and click apply.

Welcome to ApexKO!

14.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLgnDPcdJKU

That's an old shit of mine, i'd recommend to use a similar rotation here (you can tweak it abit, i did aswell, cuz of having Stab2 too here and smoother combo overall, so you can make it a 14-15 hit combo depends on your connection)

Here actually i pretty much use that 4 bar too with the diff that, i have Stab at F3 / 2   and Stab2  at F4/3 to be able to hit the 14-15 hit combo. (And due to 83 cap, there are few other changes too, like F2 / 3 is weapon cancel, not hyde or F3/1 is atm throwling knife, but these aren't really matter that much you can put those non combo skills whereever u like) Those are the skills you use more frequently and simply adding an F5 to it for the long cooldown skills, with CP at "1",  Eskrima at "2", Blinding at "3" and Beast hiding at "4", then agian LF, mana pot, minors / hp pot.

(You can put them to F1-F2-F3 too or whatever, i just rather posted it to show you a good combo rotation, as for where do you actually put the skills is totally up to you, just make it so it's comfortable for ya)

PS.: Due to having minor cooldown it's enough to have either only 1 minor on the skillbar, or simply right click minoring, dual minoring is good at old server w/o cooldown, but totally pointless here.

Thank you, k77k and david4244! Very usefull information! I really appreciate it!

Just forget that your dieing and keep going back. If possible go during the mornings (europe timezone) when there is less people. To get nice profits you need to take risk. What I do is have sound on so when someone starts hitting me I will hear it and try to make an escape  :D. Im assuming you know that genie is free (the built in "KOXP").

By the time I hear something it's already too late and my hp is down to 10%  :o  My escape skills are 0.0001% successful  :huh:

Chaos (can only join once a day, though). Do the CZ daily and weekly quests also to get more apex chests.

What is Chaos event? How can I join that event? What can I get from it?

Also there are CZ daily and weekly quests? I did not know that! Are they hard to finish?

i'd recommend to use a similar rotation here (you can tweak it abit, i did aswell, cuz of having Stab2 too here and smoother combo overall, so you can make it a 14-15 hit combo depends on your connection)

Here actually i pretty much use that 4 bar too with the diff that, i have Stab at F3 / 2   and Stab2  at F4/3 to be able to hit the 14-15 hit combo. (And due to 83 cap, there are few other changes too, like F2 / 3 is weapon cancel, not hyde or F3/1 is atm throwling knife, but these aren't really matter that much you can put those non combo skills whereever u like) Those are the skillks you use more frequently and simply adding an F5 to it for the long cooldown skills, with CP at "1",  Eskrima at "2", Blinding at "3" and Beast hiding at "4", then agian LF, mana pot, minors / hp pot.

(You can put them to F1-F2-F3 too or whatever, i just rather posted it to show you a good combo rotation, as for where do you actually put the skills is totally up to you, just make it so it's comfortable for ya)

PS.: Due to having minor cooldown it's enough to have either only 1 minor on the skillbar, or simply right click minoring, dual minoring is good at old server w/o cooldown, but totally pointless here.

I keep wondering for the starting combo, shouldn't I use my best and highest level skills? Like Eskrima, Critical Point, Blinding, Beast hiding, Weapon cancel ?  And after that rotation then to go for the lower cooldown /repeatable/ rotation?

Also how exactly is Critical point, Eskrima, Weapon cancel working? Cause on the skills it says that it can't be used against mobs, so it must be used against real player, meaning that I probably will not get the chance to use it and see what it does, because my little running ninja do not attack  :lol:

Chaos starts the same way as BDW and FT with a timer on top asking to join. But this time when you click the Join button it will say that you need something to enter. You get this item from a npc found at the main castle between the tp gate and the inn hostess...her name is White something. I'm terrible at remembering names :D. Anyhow, this event is different in the sense that everybody is equal there. You have same gear and same stats and a new set of skills. All you do is try kill everybody. You only see who you have killed but you cant see who you are killing (everybody looks the same and has the same name).Something like 50% of the people with most skills for all different instances of the event will recieve apex chests. If you lose you still get a wing voucher, and if you collect 5 then you can trade it in for temporary wings.

Critical Point has a certain % chance (~30% now) to double your hits, HP potions or minor heals  while it's on (~10second long period and it doesn't work for the Mana pots, only for minor + hp pots + hits). ----> If your normal spike is 900 , CP spike will be 1800,  your normal minor heal is 60, if CP works for it, it will heal 120, same for HP pot, instead of 720 you can heal 1440 if it works.   The hits being doubled only against players, against mobs that part is useless, tho you can use it against mobs too for the healing part (having a chance to double minor heal / hp pot).

As for where to start, well, if an enemy is being duffed then ye, you should just CP and use every high dmg skill trying to kill him ASAP.

However in a VS you should start with the normal rotation then approx when your hp is on like 50% you can use the CP and the 70+ skills alongside with spike etc.  (It's crucial to use the CP abit later in a vs cuz else, if you use it right in the beginning, on full hp, you are losing the gg healing ability that comes together with it)

As for the skills you asked about:

-Weapon cancel:  It has a chance (kinda low, barely works for me, gotta say it's like 20% imo, atleast for me) to take off the enemy's weapon for a few sec, making him unable to attack a little bit.

-Blinding:   Blinding the enemy, his screen becoming black for 2-3 second.

-Beast hiding: the enemy losing the target on you, they gotta target you again to be able to attack ya again. (If you don't attack or heal right after the beast hiding, it is also turning you invisible for 2-3 sec)

-Eskrima:  Deals a certain amoung of dmg (300% so far i remember? so almost as good as thrust) as well as putting on a curse on the enemy that is decreasing his dagger and arrow defense by 10% ----> if they have 40 Dagger def, while your eskrima is on him, it will be 36 only so you will hit slightly more on him.

You are fully new to ko? 

The best events for you to join is Forgotten temple, end juraid mountain/estlant dungeon.. they dont really require much skill 
BDW  and chaos is pk/pvp 

but i suggest just go and try.. ask players if you have problems with something

i cant help you with rogue as i cant play that char :D 

Priceless information from all of you! 

Thank you!

And yes, I'm fully new to the game, but I learn fast and watch lots of youtube gameplay videos so I can keep the information flow and improve as fast as I can  :)

• 2 weeks later...

So how is it going ? :) Getting better? :)

Thanks for asking :)

Actually I'm getting better, I'm almost geared properly already, got myself some nice rosetta pieces, but sadly i'm missing the rosetta pads still. Are they craftable or only can be obtained from chaos generator, besides buying them?

Also got myself into a really nice guild, having some social fun with those guys.

Actually one thing that I'm missing is hitting to 83 level, been stuck at 82 for quite some time, but sadly not alot of parties are xp'ing.

But overall, so far everything is looking good.

But i've been thinking lately about my assasin build.  Currently i'm using:

82 Assassin

36 Explore/Search

22 Master

But I'm wondering if anyone has tried deeper Explore/Search build? It seems good to me, kinda something like "support assasin". Been thinking of trying:

55 Assasin

80 Explore

5 Master

And with it I can get skills on Explore/Search:

- Scaled skin - increases defence by 800

- Wild advent - teleports to an enemy

- Concentration - will not fail an attack for 15 secs

- Smoke screen - Detonates a smoke screen in area, disable targeting ability for everyone around (assuming on enemy only)

And on Assasin 55 pts for the Spike, on Master 5 pts for the passive reduction on damage with 10%.

I'm really curious if that build can work out, funny thing is how can I re-skill?

Actually I just found that it's really not worth it going deeper explore build! Basically sounds like one of those builds that seems interesting, looks good on paper (in theory) but blows in real game!

- Wild advent /teleports to an enemy/ - while it sounds really good in paper, turns out that the cooldown is 120 secs (twice as CP) which is dumb tbh, if anything it should be 30 secs...

- Concentration /will not fail an attack for 15 sec/ - guess what? It still fails attacks regardless lol... 

- Smoke screen /Detonates a smoke screen in area, disable targeting ability for everyone around/  - You throw it like you throw a rock (like a burst skill), if anything passes in its way, it fails. If any of your teammates are in the area, they get blinded too... oh and has a really long cooldown too...

To sum it up - will I give up Bloody Beast, Blinding, CP, Beast hiding, etc. so I can go "support" rogue and have buggy skills and way too longer cooldown on skills?

Answer: Hell no!

Such a shame! "Support" rogue could have been a thing and a really viable build! Unless they fix the buggy skills and cooldowns it's not worth it!