Panel sayfamızda bulunan Download linklerini görebilmeniz için hesabınıza giriş yapmanız gerekmektedir. ×

Suggestion about buffing archers (damage problem)

razor

Greetings,

Me and mostly every archer on the server, we noticed that despite not having any arrow defense armor piece,  we still do no damage. Solution would be massively buffing every skill so that you can try to do more than 600 damage on warriors if you don't have 2500 AP. Problem lies in the setup of skills, for example, archer's skills are completely % based and also avoidable while moving in circles. While other classes got more direct damage skills for example bloody beast on assassins has a lot of direct damage where dagger defense doesn't make much difference when using it. Where as using arrow defense against archer drasticaly decreases damage, and moving in circles acts like dagger defense of steroids: over 80% of your damage is denied.

I suggest simply fixing small things to try to be on par with assassins, like our 60 seconds cooldown level 80 skill not randomly failing and doing 200 damage, ice shot and light shot also do 100 damage occasionally, we don't need to be this gimped do we? Not when warriors can spam 1000 damage effortlessly or assassins can do 1800-2100-1200-1000 damage in 3 seconds. Or 2nd option reduce the cooldown of some of our skills, like Blinding Strafe or Power Shot!

Regards

Greetings,

Me and mostly every archer on the server, we noticed that despite not having any arrow defense armor piece,  we still do no damage. Solution would be massively buffing every skill so that you can try to do more than 600 damage on warriors if you don't have 2500 AP. Problem lies in the setup of skills, for example, archer's skills are completely % based and also avoidable while moving in circles. While other classes got more direct damage skills for example bloody beast on assassins has a lot of direct damage where dagger defense doesn't make much difference when using it. Where as using arrow defense against archer drasticaly decreases damage, and moving in circles acts like dagger defense of steroids: over 80% of your damage is denied.

I suggest simply fixing small things to try to be on par with assassins, like our 60 seconds cooldown level 80 skill not randomly failing and doing 200 damage, ice shot and light shot also do 100 damage occasionally, we don't need to be this gimped do we? Not when warriors can spam 1000 damage effortlessly or assassins can do 1800-2100-1200-1000 damage in 3 seconds. Or 2nd option reduce the cooldown of some of our skills, like Blinding Strafe or Power Shot!

Regards

No no no and no please.

Archers shouldn't do big damage from ranged attacks. 

Some of the skills fail for every class sometimes, i doubt archers fail more than other classes.

Archers are really weak in PK at the moment.
With the current fail streaks of 4-5 ranged attacks in a row doing zero dmg, and when they finally work you do max 600 dmg while sins easily drops you 4k dmg in 2 seconds. 
I am not saying we should do anything near the dmg of sins since we got the advantage of range attacks, but a buff wouldn't dmg the server at all. 

No no no and no please.

Archers shouldn't do big damage from ranged attacks. 

Some of the skills fail for every class sometimes, i doubt archers fail more than other classes.

oh please, you havent played archer in here :D

Our skills used to fail 5/10 now they are measly 3/10.

I hit powershots once or twice in 10min pk session. Thats 2 out of 10 literally.

And when they dont fail i deal literally 500-700 dmg depending on gear in pk.

Oh and chasing down 1% sin, is impossible cuz u know i cant hit him once cuz my aimbot is off.

Well only thing archers are good for is canceling priest (with arrow shower & styx, latter one is main reason, cuz u know cant get close to a party cuz u will drop instatnly by 10k dmg, warrios which hit u for 1k & sins who deal u 1,5k dmg with their spikes)

Archers are support characters, not snipers with high damage. Have a warrior and archer with similar gear duel and most likely the archer will win. They can dmg from a range and close range their arrow shower hits like a truck.

If your skills didnt fail so much, you'd be able to kite any class except sins and it would be op as fuck.

Idk why everybody thinks their class is weak, it's not the class, it's the skills of the players.

Archers are support characters, not snipers with high damage. Have a warrior and archer with similar gear duel and most likely the archer will win. They can dmg from a range and close range their arrow shower hits like a truck.

If your skills didnt fail so much, you'd be able to kite any class except sins and it would be op as fuck.

Idk why everybody thinks their class is weak, it's not the class, it's the skills of the players.

tell that to some 6k ap archers in usko, that they cant snipe anyone =D (tho they are +3 uniques, etc)

But no, I cant tank anyone on the same gear level (warriors, sins).

Cuz they still hit me for 900-1000 while i shower them with 100-150x8. 

its virtually impossible. Sure I can vs any sin w/o him using blinding & cp.

Agree with you partially, but there's a point where the damage differential is just too extreme. It is expected for a supportive class to do less damage, but not to this extent. Would a class doing 100s be justified just because its supportive, compared to a DPS one doing 100000s? At one point its weakness becomes evident.

I have 2581 AP fully scrolled, probably the highest in the server for an archer, yet I still do really low damage. I can imagine how hard other archers with more standard amounts of AP have it. Kiting you say? I do that all the time, eventually dropping a warrior's full bar of HP to 0 after about 60 seconds. Mind you, they consider this practice an extremely coward act, even though they all constantly slide if I choose to sit still.

Arrow shower hitting like a truck? Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE slides, even the so called top players, and when they don't slide they run behind obstacles and use line of sight to avoid ranged arrows. Sure it's smart play, but no other class has to endure their damage being denied so miserably like this. But it's fine, this topic is nothing more than a parody to show how despite other classes having it extremely easy, they still find room to complain. I can manage most of the times but I shudder to think what your average archer would do in this case. No wonder more and more just switch to sin to have an easy time in pvp.

Arrow shower hitting like a truck? Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE slides, even the so called top players, and when they don't slide they run behind obstacles and use line of sight to avoid ranged arrows. Sure it's smart play, but no other class has to endure their damage being denied so miserably like this. But it's fine, this topic is nothing more than a parody to show how despite other classes having it extremely easy, they still find room to complain. I can manage most of the times but I shudder to think what your average archer would do in this case. No wonder more and more just switch to sin to have an easy time in pvp.

had to highlight that. i cant kill most because if i get close, i get spam 1k-1.2k by warriors and they slide. 

im also an archer with 2.2k ap ( quite low ik ) and i cant vs most noob warriors because of the slide or the skill fails which isnt suppose to happen as much as it does atm.

• Administrators

I'm surprised nobody raised the argument of level yet; Last time round with Passion warriors one of the arguments raised to have them be stronger than Hell Blade was that "it requires 3 more levels" - if that logic were to be followed, it'd make sense for those arrow skills high up in the tree to not have a mere 80% hit chance, because every other class' skills are (nearly) 100%

I'm not sure I'm for raising damage, I'm not against raising the hit chance on those high level skills (Blinding Strafe / Power Shot) - that seems to be the least major change, while improving the quality of life for archers (imo, a lot) by giving them more reliable 'finishers'

Other ideas are welcome (weapon enchant scroll on Iron Bows, some kind of movement impairing buff which increases the outgoing damage, anyone?), I'm all ears

i doubt raising power shot and blinding strafe will make a big diff. since their cd is quite high. also its mostly shadow hunter / dark pursuer that needs to be checked i believe. weapon enchants on bows ( beside helenid ) would be a good thing as well

WES working with iBows and higher hit chance on PS seems like a good ideas to me.

Problem with archers that bothers me more than low damage is that skills fail so often. (not only PS or BS but every skill)

I mean, when I use single arrow skill I can see that my char is using the skill (consumes MP) and arrow flies directly to the target but damage that is dealt is none.

Its like the target has some kind of forcefield that blocks arrows. lol

Same with AS/MS when I stand near the mob and only 2-3/5 arrows from AS hit him or even less. (happens all the time with Juraid mobs)

I know I said earlier that I will record it so you guys could check out what I am talking about but I have been very busy lately. >.<

Also DC while using AS/MS is very annoying....

• Administrators

There is another attempt at a fix coming in for archers, which is not a buff but actually just me fixing the skills randomly going on a failing spree. Aside from this failing spree, it's possible to shoot arrows too fast which will behave exactly the same as the failing spree.

We'll have to experiment a bit to get archers in a comfortable (and not overpowered state), but we'll get there soon enough :)

There is another attempt at a fix coming in for archers, which is not a buff but actually just me fixing the skills randomly going on a failing spree. Aside from this failing spree, it's possible to shoot arrows too fast which will behave exactly the same as the failing spree.

We'll have to experiment a bit to get archers in a comfortable (and not overpowered state), but we'll get there soon enough :)

that's good to hear. I'm glad we have admins that listen <3

• 1 month later...

Combo is ok, wish it had a higher speed cap so WHEN you do get the jump on some one and they dont get tped or town lol, you can blow them the fuck up like archer should bro.  but very hard to kill this one portu dunno who he is "M" or something. my arrow do 200 a hit to him and he heal like 1k a second or something XD. Archer is strong but really i think they are just priest blockers, support, and sin killer. I never lose to sin who not sliding. impossible to lose unless you new to combo. Other than that I can't kill much too fast you know? Mage slide around and CC , warrior do 1.2k a hit so cant really try to go for them because in clan team/pick up party the warrior are group and 3 warrior hitting you for 3.6k damage a second is really hard to kill any one under. I'm lucky if I can even keep the priest from healing most of the time because leg cut is insane on apexko and it keeps from the priest lol. So one of my jobs down. Sin have eskirma,cp, weapon cancel, blind. all in bout 2-3 second and  then right after you take like 4-5k dmg since you leg cut/tormented any way rofl. Can't really be sin killer now. What else do i do that actually matters and other classes don't do 5x better? heal? theres priest, dps? there is warrior/sin. tp? cant tp bro sorry. wtf does this class even do.. well Feel like archer is good for solo and you just find random 1v1s and hope they dont slide, but that is about it bro. We do nothing else but vs to be honest with 5-3 up close.

Archer very fun in moradon to vs if you can find it and just play with combo cause it got really nice damage and fun to melt turks wit. Other than that i've been mostly miserable with this class last 3 days on apex, and most of my 8 years playing ko l o l.