Panel sayfamızda bulunan Download linklerini görebilmeniz için hesabınıza giriş yapmanız gerekmektedir. ×

I'm gonna be brutally honest with admins

Ronnen

I'm tired of suggesting things. I'm pretty sure you are too. Suggesting is one thing but the ones on the top pole not answering you back is different. It's like having a conversation with a wall. ApexKO isn't going to grow by itself, it needs love, it needs work. I know maybe the admins are doing something else in their lives and they can't pay attention to this. I know. Midterms, finals, work, life. But it sounds like USKO to me, or EUKO or any other PS I've played. Admins getting busy and just leaving the server by itself because appointed GMs can't do anything but just answer pms in game. Conversation. Leaving the player alone.

Yes, people complain about the lack of good pk, balance, this or that. It's normal. But when your server is facing the lack of population you start moving things up. Like running promotion events or doing whatever you can to bring more people. Yes, G4L is dead, but there are other options, we can spam other sources, we can do whatever we can to promote Apex but without the support of the admins what do you expect me to do? To give my own money as a prize for people? Sure, you didn't ask but we have to do something, we can't just lay down and say "well we achieve this technical thingy and that's it", we need to keep making Apex the best alternative to the real thing but we can't without the permission or at least the promise of the admins to actually take care of this or help with it.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of brainstorm is allowed or how many of the suggestions are being taken into account. Last patches, I couldn't see a single one of my suggestions and actually no one ever asked players if they wanted Mythrils, Dragon scales and such. Why isn't there any back and forth? People suggested many things to make this server better, it would be nice to actually read "Well that could take a couple of months of developing", at least that's an answer! you're not leaving the player in doubt if someone actually cares to read. 

I don't know. For how long u guys want us to hold on while waiting in the dark? 

I really hope someone with power is reading and say something to us, to all the players that stuck with you since the beginning. 

Sincerely, Ben aka Ronnen.

Most crucial points for server survivor should now be:

1. Implement voting booths, everything big goes throught the community, preferably ingame.

2. Elect/find/appoint a turkish GM, the truth of the matter is that only when there is a critical mass of turkish players the server can grow exponentially.

3. Give an ETA for these points. Time is of essence.

• Administrators

Read the topic; as with every other suggestion topic.

First off, just because someone suggests something does not mean we will go ahead and implement this the way it's been suggested, that's not to say some of your (and others') suggestions aren't good suggestions, but I just wanted to get that out of the way. Reasons we don't reply with "will be implemented in 2 months" is because anyone should know by now that ETAs will simply disappoint people when they can't be met, as such we never announce any ETAs for anything unless we've finished the work needed to meet that ETA.

As for growing the server, we are planning something to regain attention / attract more players (no, it does not involve a relaunch...), the fact is I can't dedicate even 20% of what I used to be able to dedicate during the summer months, and it's taking its toll on things. Obviously, most of you are now thinking "Why not hire someone then?" - the answer is simple, no one will ever get their hands on anything we've made, server, database, or otherwise. There are no trustable people in the PSKO scene, people from the outside are a no-go for more reasons than I care to explain. In-game GM presence could be improved, however in-game GMs aren't able to help anyone aside from answering game/server-related questions, use the notice feature, and mute/ban characters. They simply do not have the power required, as again - there are no trustable people in the PSKO scene.

I'm not a machine, I dedicate virtually all of my available spare time to try and do things needed for the server.

@TilaTequila I have absolutely no words for any part of your reply.

Have a nice day,

Aesteris

Ronnen, you are not been brutal enough. Let me say what i think is in everyones mind. I may not play here anymore but i was realy hyped like most of us before this server lunched. And the main reason for this hype was .... Twostars. Where is he ? So the server didnt lunch with 1000-2000 ppl ? So the money flow is not what is was to be expected ? So the best developer in PS scene cant do a simple ingame change ? You all want changes ingame but there is nobody to do them for you guys, i dont know Max personaly, i dont know his skills in developing and implementing such changes ingame, but from what i can see he is either stuggling or he just dont care that much for the 150-200ppl that are trying to have fun ingame, and i think its the latter because even if he didnt have the knowledge to do the changes atlest he cound do some events at the weekends or even doing the week. How long has it been since the last custom event ? Kill The GM ? Boss event ( ever? ). You all dont want to ask the hard question, and that question is : When you are planning to say that the population is too low for the server to continue stay open?. 

I am sorry for been so harsh, ones again i know that i dont play and i dont have much say on the matter, but this server was realy good to me, and its hard to see it fail so mich.

Something indeed has happened, 3 weeks back we had our last event held by GM's, server was getting a lot of patch notes on weekly basis. And all the NT's were carefully watched over.

Now the server is just bland, clans moving over whenever they want, numerous bug-abuses being used, it took 2 weeks to get TTNTT away from ruining everyone's juraid on human side.

You can also see the impact of all these issues mentioned above in game itself. And im not happy of what i see currently.

First off, just because someone suggests something does not mean we will go ahead and implement this the way it's been suggested, that's not to say some of your (and others') suggestions aren't good suggestions, but I just wanted to get that out of the way. Reasons we don't reply with "will be implemented in 2 months" is because anyone should know by now that ETAs will simply disappoint people when they can't be met, as such we never announce any ETAs for anything unless we've finished the work needed to meet that ETA.

As for growing the server, we are planning something to regain attention / attract more players (no, it does not involve a relaunch...), the fact is I can't dedicate even 20% of what I used to be able to dedicate during the summer months, and it's taking its toll on things. Obviously, most of you are now thinking "Why not hire someone then?" - the answer is simple, no one will ever get their hands on anything we've made, server, database, or otherwise. There are no trustable people in the PSKO scene, people from the outside are a no-go for more reasons than I care to explain. In-game GM presence could be improved, however in-game GMs aren't able to help anyone aside from answering game/server-related questions, use the notice feature, and mute/ban characters. They simply do not have the power required, as again - there are no trustable people in the PSKO scene.

I'm not a machine, I dedicate virtually all of my available spare time to try and do things needed for the server.

Have a nice day,

Aesteris

You are not a machine, neither is twostars or Alpha or Lindal. But the time you guys have availabe for running active server is just not enough.

I don't know if granting Alpha & Lindal powers to start Kill GM's / Boss events / NP event / Exp event is too dangerous towards your database, but that's what they should be doing.

With protecting your work, you will also be creating immense amount of work just to yourselves.

I don't know about PSKO -scene, on other freaking games they make contracts between people involved in projects. I don't see why this game has to be still on the level of 90's instead of taking it into 2015.

• Administrators

You are not a machine, neither is twostars or Alpha or Lindal. But the time you guys have availabe for running active server is just not enough.

I don't know if granting Alpha & Lindal powers to start Kill GM's / Boss events / NP event / Exp event is too dangerous towards your database, but that's what they should be doing.

With protecting your work, you will also be creating immense amount of work just to yourselves.

I don't know about PSKO -scene, on other freaking games they make contracts between people involved in projects. I don't see why this game has to be still on the level of 90's instead of taking it into 2015.

Allowing the GMs to do those events is one of the things we're looking into adding, boss events are a no-go, I'm aware protecting our work creates more work for us, but there is no other way.

Contracts between people in a very grey area? I know I wouldn't want to sign on any of that.

Have a nice day,

Aesteris

The reason people are asking for ETA now is because all the big clans are on the brink of leaving. If there is not even a chance for some ETA then look at it from our perspective, should we quit now and join when things are better? Who will actually come back? Because this is basically what you are telling us, that there is hope, but probably not in the near future. With no active staff added (specially turkish! I get several turkish pms every day asking questions but it is very hard to talk through google translate, neither is my purpose in this game to help turkish beginners with all the regular bs going on daily) things are not looking good. You don't want to take a risk, I understand it, but now it's out on the table and people can make their decisions.

That's what happen when you make an farm server w/o support. 2star is a beast programming iven i know that is possible securing your files/db and yet give access to it, the thing is this's a big project and u guys are afraid to get your files stolen, but we costumers want it to work so we can have some fun, like i said in a private conversation with you, in glad that i could gather some old of my friends and put them back in this addictive game(hehe). Apex is by far the best psko in terms of programming, connection(one of the things i like most, others psko are just too lagged to play) and community, but it's dying because what i said b4 . Yday i had to open my server coz we had like 10 players waiting for some action but there was none, and pk 5x5 LOL.

Like i said yday, we from oldschool gonna give it more time(10 15 days) if nothing happen we gonna just burn everything and find a new house. 

thanks guys.

Regards,

Smooth

OldSchool: http://i.imgur.com/QXEoNtz.jpg

Allowing the GMs to do those events is one of the things we're looking into adding, boss events are a no-go, I'm aware protecting our work creates more work for us, but there is no other way.

Contracts between people in a very grey area? I know I wouldn't want to sign on any of that.

Can't you for example give your GM's a stack of 50 boss summons to use without compromising the whole integrity of your files? I'm sure there are ways to circumvent database issues while giving your "untrustworthy staff" some means to actually help out with fun things also, not just stand in moradon answering pm's..

• Administrators

I fully agree with everything you've said, and as Aesteris said, we do read every post.

The problem comes down to too little staff, really. As far as bugs go right now, there always tends to be something or another which remains at the top of the priority list (e.g. right now, it's events and dealing with AFK players), unfortunately above new content suggestions.

What would free up Aesteris' time a lot (and has been observed by a lot of you), is if he was dealing with ingame a lot less, i.e. if there were GMs dealing with that stuff. That'd mean we could get to dealing with the development side of things and push things a lot more.

The problem is (a lack of) trustworthy people. Virtually everyone involved with this project wishes to help this server succeed, and has our utmost trust & faith. Anybody else we've considered has either been tied up with another server, or has a rough history we don't really want getting mixed up with this project.

But as I said, you're completely right. We've been starting to consider handling staff in a more formal manner, requiring them to (and being paid for, obviously) meet certain time expectations, and such. While the informality's more or less worked so far, I personally think it's the cleanest way of dealing with our staff problem.

So, then the problem becomes where do we turn for said staff? I wasn't personally a huge fan of the whole "apply to be a GM" thing, because anyone we dealt with I expected to already know and trust, but I suppose it could work.

Other problem is my personal activity. Lately I've not been as active as I'd hoped to be (mostly dealing with things from behind Aesteris), but I will try to be better with that. What would help with that, again, would be more staff to deal with user-facing stuff. I'm a developer, I know I'm not personally that great at balancing it with the whole support thing.

Right now, as mentioned, the focus is on fixing problems with events (both bugs and AFK people). The server really should've been restarted a while back as we'd implemented a bunch of bug fixes, and changed some things to help isolate where some of the event issues are coming from.

Regarding AFKers, it's something Aesteris and I have discussed at length quite a lot since it became an issue, and he's written something which should help.

I was also considering trying to better deal with the situation by giving more control to players; allowing players to vote kick people (no better detection than players themselves, though it's obviously a double-edged sword), and bring additional people in somehow (perhaps an NPC to sign up to, to fill in? It's just inconvenient...). I mean, it can easily work for people who were rejected (they'd already be in the queue to join an applicable in-progress instance), but we'd really want a better way of having new people sign up too -- maybe they logged in too late for the event or something. So really, that's where I was personally at with that particular issue.

Finally, regarding the server, it isn't going anywhere. We're staying right here with the server, so even if you or anyone else does decide to leave -- it'll still be here if you decide to come back and give it another try. :)

It's not something we're abandoning, it's just quite frankly a little hard to keep up with on every front, though Aesteris tries exceptionally hard. Solving the staff problem will help with that immensely.

Again, it may not seem like it, but we do appreciate all of your feedback and understand completely where you're coming from. I think all of us here wants to see the server succeed (otherwise we wouldn't be here, right? ;)), and you guys have done way more than your part, so the ball is really in our court now. :)

Really, thanks for all of your feedback. It is much appreciated.

One problem I've been seen is many people complaining for people who leave server already. (or clans).
There's no way admins or GM's can take any action about it. just drop it.

For current population, we (players) bring our friends based on personal experience, for me for example I like KO as a game, it's fun it's easy And think NTT and Mgame Ruined oficial server, so there's no way I will comeback there till APEX is on, and my friends are here.

We find ways to have some fun, but at weekends we can suggest to do some events for people. 

is good to see some feedback here. 
Regards, Dany-

The server really should've been restarted a while back as we'd implemented a bunch of bug fixes, and changed some things

Right after fishing was "fixed", the server should have been restarted.

But that's not the problem, the problem is that KO players in general, are VERY easily bored. People join and leave new servers all the time, just look at USKO. There are very few people who actually care about any particular server and are willing to stick with it. Everyone just logs for server starts, quickly get 80, baba some +8s to acquire their month of fame and then leave once they are bored. So yes, what I'm saying is that the players who are impatient and quit are partly to blame.

As for the admins here at Apex, I will start by saying that the way this server is set up is AMAZING. The balance with farming is great(currently, not before fishing fixes), and the EXP rate is at a place where I think is great for the casual grinders as well as the people who just want 83 quickly. But yeah I do think that some things can be done to improve. I am not the best at thinking of suggestions but I believe Ronnen has been on-point with all of the things he's said.

So my final remark is that I think the admins should host more events, as well as hire a dedicated Turkish GM for the newer Turk players. Boss events (Aesteris mentioned it's not possible with his database which is unfortunate), kill the GM events which last for HOURS, not just for 30 minutes, and any other great ideas that the community can think of.

• Administrators

Boss events (Aesteris mentioned it's not possible with his database which is unfortunate)

That's not exactly true, it's mostly just a concern for abuse. For the most part, Aesteris runs them manually at the moment. They're at a point where they're partly-automated, but a little more work there in terms of fully automating it and we have no real concerns there -- GMs will be able to run them (as long as they're pre-organised/scheduled with staff). So it's something we'll get on top of.

Since writing the post, I've been discussing the topic of staff with Aesteris, and we'll go ahead with the applications soon. Started on formalising requirements and such so there's no confusion as to what's expected of staff and what they're required to actually do. We'll continue to work on that and open up applications soon.

Quite frankly we also need to spend a little more time on making life easier for GMs (and hence us), but honestly every little thing helps at this point, so it's something we'll have to get to once more pressing concerns (such as actually recruiting some more reliable staff =]) are addressed.

That's not exactly true, it's mostly just a concern for abuse. For the most part, Aesteris runs them manually at the moment. They're at a point where they're partly-automated, but a little more work there in terms of fully automating it and we have no real concerns there -- GMs will be able to run them (as long as they're pre-organised/scheduled with staff). So it's something we'll get on top of.

Since writing the post, I've been discussing the topic of staff with Aesteris, and we'll go ahead with the applications soon. Started on formalising requirements and such so there's no confusion as to what's expected of staff and what they're required to actually do. We'll continue to work on that and open up applications soon.

Quite frankly we also need to spend a little more time on making life easier for GMs (and hence us), but honestly every little thing helps at this point, so it's something we'll have to get to once more pressing concerns (such as actually recruiting some more reliable staff =]) are addressed.

That's good to hear. I think of lot of people will be comforted by the fact that you guys are addressing the concerns that your players have. I won't jump ship either simply because I do not want to add to the problem, and I do believe that this server has a great future.

I guess we got a lot more than we expected from poking you guys a bit.

This is what we exactly needed, a clear up from owners that what's going on. 

Now i can assure my people to keep up playing without losing my sleep over it.

May i suggest that you open a topic in some section "Owners thoughts". There you can make similiar post each week and just tell us what you are planning, ask for our opinions etc.

Leaving us in the "dark" for few weeks without anything special happen in server, and people will riot.

It's coming not from this server, but from PSKO in general. Im sure everyone playing this server has experienced "death of server" -moment after being left clueless what to do.

Keep our spirits high and the community will reward you!

Best regards, 

SPANKME

I guess we got a lot more than we expected from poking you guys a bit.

This is what we exactly needed, a clear up from owners that what's going on.

Now i can assure my people to keep up playing without losing my sleep over it.

May i suggest that you open a topic in some section "Owners thoughts". There you can make similiar post each week and just tell us what you are planning, ask for our opinions etc.

Leaving us in the "dark" for few weeks without anything special happen in server, and people will riot.

It's coming not from this server, but from PSKO in general. Im sure everyone playing this server has experienced "death of server" -moment after being left clueless what to do.

Keep our spirits high and the community will reward you!

Best regards,

SPANKME

Excellent idea, a section of the forums designated for the admins' ideas about what is being thought of. This will both allow the community to give their opinion as well as keep us up to date with what is going on as reminding us that you guys do exist and do care about us/the server (not implying that you don't care, it's just that the silence can make some people think so)

Good to hear the news, i find it pretty good when u guys come down here and speak freely, the results are awesome.

Now that a word has been spoken from the Owners we can think twice about the next move, i was about to wait some days and then quit if nothing happen, now i'll keep on it play on my free time and leave the things how they are.

Lets bring some players back, and try to make new friends with those newcomers who're coming, and try not to let they go even if it's hard to .

In WreckingC, we've tried to play a few other games together, i myself tried 2 private servers with them as i remember, none of it was satisfactory, as a comunity, i believe, this is most likely what other ppl have experienced as well, so, there really is no other alternative to apexko, in my opinion, i won't come back to usko, or try anything else, like some people pointd out, if this dies, ko dies with it for me, and i ahve stoped playin for a few years already, so, relying on plain logic, i don't really see how anyone who knows whats up with this game could quit because of some problems, that are not nearly as fucked up as even the actual usko.

I do see it's necessary to have some creative comunication with the players in game/on forums, in english, and most necessary, turkish, from the developers/owners, and players in general.

Also, I'd like to point out that the problem never was, nor is, "balance", so whenever you see that it's not balanced, it's not that precisely the problem, i see the lack of players as apriority, so doing events, nd custom stuf does help a lot, but, from the players themselves, we need the willingness to help others, not by charity, but by explaining some of the basis of the game, or by making newcomers useful so that they find this place a frienly area to just relax, not boost their egos.

that is all i have to say. ciao