Panel sayfamızda bulunan Download linklerini görebilmeniz için hesabınıza giriş yapmanız gerekmektedir. ×

Some rants - Helping the server grow.

Ronnen

Yes this is going to be a long post, so Aaron if you're reading this fuck you. XD 

Hello my dear and not so dear kankas, today I'm going to rant a little bit about the whole "OMG THE SERVER IS DYING" bullshit I read everyday. Server is not dying but growing slowly, very slowly. We see people quitting every day but it's because they got fed up with random shit, I've seen people quitting because they burned items, because they can't cope with pk, because I don't know, the put a wrong price in merchant and someone bought an item for cheap, "NTT opened a new server so I HAVE to go try it" and on and on. Retarded things but not every one thinks and feel the same about Knight Online.

KO currently is just a small game made for a special kind of people (small niche I would say). Sure it's challenging but is not rocket science so the learning curve isn't that high so Apex isn't the only private server around and many found and stayed in those others mostly because of the community and the service provided. I see APEX like probably the only one who actually works at least in a 95%. Of course there are shit to fix like those annoying curse/disease bar bugs that don't go away, CZ quests rewards or retarded aggro behaviour in Eslant, but yeah it can be improved. Admins have the knowledge to do it. So it's more a matter of being patient.

There are new players joining everyday. I know because some are my clannies, some are people who played KO for many years and slowly are finding time to play again. But you know what? When they join events and since they aren't good geared they receive a lot of bullshit coming from others. Why is like that? We don't have to scare new players away you bunch of fruitcakes! We have to try to help them. That's why it piss me off when I see players from well known guilds going AFK in every motherfucking event just because they can, they ruin a moment for everyone else involved. We don't live, eat and breath KO anymore, that was 10 years ago when we were younger, now KO is sort of a stress relieve for many of us, we're not here to cause or get stressed because of tards. I work 10 hours a day, I like to come home and have a decent BDW or ED and it fuckin piss me off to just find the same tards ruining it for the rest. Why? You're just making people not wanting to play anymore.

I can take stress very well. I don't get mad easily. I know people who's the total opposite and they can fucking rage quit in 2 seconds. Yes, they need anger management courses but seriously some situations in game are very stressful. The other day we took the Bitfrost monument, fought the orcs trying to get in, did all the work to get in. We went to wrath and like 10 minutes after that a mage party from "obviously well known clans" started to KS our spot like always, showing no fucking respect to the ones who actually did all the fucking job and made sure to be first in the chamber. After trying to keep going it was impossible with the amount of ksing so, we, as grown ass people we are, decided to leave to another chamber. No apologies. The same douchebags that will ask me for rezz or pk party (because I play priest) are doing this out of greediness, just because they want something and they will took it no matter what, they don't care if they are gonna piss someone off. Bad game ethics, bad players.

The other day we were pking and there was a good groove going on, kills back and forth, 2 vs 2 parties but we started noticing the other human party started towning just before orcs had the chance to attack them, leaving us alone and of course, being raped again and again. They did the same for the rest 4-5 encounters and they decide to attack farmers instead. Why? you know why? Because they wanted us to get killed. It piss me off because we share the same nation and I helped them lots of times and they do this just for the lols. I know there's a whole 9gag type of mentality, which is retarded, to do shit just for "the lulz" and they will lure mobs to you, they will lure mobs to eslant, they will ruin any event for the rest, like some mages tping back and forth in bdw and such. How old are you guys? 12?

Most of the time I don't rant that much, honestly, I don't. I try to keep my clan going and offer help when needed but seriously if we want a bigger server we need to stop the retarded behaviour everywhere. Some clan leaders need to grow a pair and stop their boys to doing shit, the same when someone pms me about one of my clannies and I DO something about it. Yes there are inexperienced people in game, people who haven't played in years, not everyone is a no-lifer born and raised to play KO so have some fucking patience and discard insults and bad behaviour. Yes. I've insulted someone here and there, for good reasons I believe, but seriously, the other day someone insulted me because I decided to help killing an atross. A guy even pmed me saying "NO KS". An Atross? XD

This is not a flame topic. I don't give names. I'm too old for that shit and honestly don't care, but I call everyone to re-think about behaviour in game and the only way to attract players is to make the server attractive and fun. Be helpful, be a good kanka, share your loot, divide coin, don't quit party when a good drop is got, don't be a douche, help new players, don't give shit to turks, malaysians or any other player who can't speak good english, don't give shit to people who are struggling with kids around or lag and can't play properly. In summary, stop being a dick and we'll see that server will be better.

I don't know about the issues around 2v2 pties, if we see another human party running ronark same time, we prefer to take fights ourselves instead of ruining other players 8v8 for example.

But we never town in such cases, we step aside and wait & spectate the fight which is pretty funny to observer how other players manage to do. But if if the momentum is clearly 16v16, we dont back away.

And atleast 60% of my clan share the same view than myself, might be some others who don't share the same ideology of doing fair fights. 

It's hard to be "nice" in this human -side. I get approx 5-10 "fuck your mom" PM's each day. I was flaming them aswell, but i already know we will never have peace & any teamwork with that clan in any server.

Yeah, I admit we are taking sidesteps from time to time if we feel the fights are not balanced.

Letting the other party try party vs party instead of rushing to kill the orcs in a millisecond (we might even wish them to die, not to be a-holes, but to ensure the orcs don't just quit CZ, and keep the fights going).

Anyway, good post Ronnen, there is allways room for improvement. I try to help anyone who pm's me, except when it comes to beggars who just want items. I don't even bother answering them.

In this case it was not quite 16 vs 16 but orcs were "ahead" on the board, it was more like 13 humans vs 20 orcs. It was peak time and orcs were attacking together, so we were running with the other humans, but they started towning on purpose just to leave us alone with a bunch of orcs. We were not even a full party, we were 5 guys. Actually we hold a Chaos Stone for a while pretty well against full CP and some other orcs but we couldn't hold it any longer due to humans not getting involved, because they were a full party and they choose to just town and roam around while we were holding the stone. Same happens in wars. How many times my party gets slaughtered just to see humans pretty close but not getting involved. I kinda took it too personal and maybe it is like you said "trying to give orcs a chance" and leave 5-6 guys vs 10,12 to see if they can "solve" it but from another perspective perhaps yeah, they were being dicks for any other reason. 

You need to realize and open your eyes; KO isn't what it was a couple years ago. People don't play as a "nation" anymore, everyone plays for their own virtual NPs and for their own gains; and personally speaking, I couldn't give two fucks if you were there first; if I have enough people to kill steal you and have a higher net gain at the end of bifrost why shouldn't I? Especially considering how many clans are NT'd back and forth (I don't play Apex anymore, so it wasn't me, but I am sure you can see the logic), today we could be on the same nation and tomorrow you could be the priest I am calling. 

As far as people towning; that comes down to the people that were doing that. I personally always did that, mainly because I hate it when i get kill stolen in CZ, whether it be during a VS, 2v2, or even a 16v16. They could of done it for the same reason, or another, who knows, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is how many NPs you've gained; that's how a lot of people see this game nowadays (including myself). I can't play KO to just "have fun", I need to play to get a sense of validity out of it, and verify how good I am; and the only way to do this? Be the top in NPs. It's the same thing in any other game in the world; as fun is extremely subjective (opinionated). Some people have fun running around CZ dying and generally laughing off with friends; other people need to stomp on every other player there and get their name in the killboard as much as they can to enjoy the game. The server won't grow because of the community; the server needs to grow because of the development (twostars & aesteris). 

About the server growing yeah it's real , we from oldschool farm EW everyday, so to help the newcomers  we add them to clan and let they just "AFK" to farm and exp faster. This thing about towning for the other party die is sad to see, on orc side we just stop going 2pt only if the other clan ask otherwise we just go for the kill. Lets hope idk who they're since you didnt said names stop this and get a better behavior.