Sign in to follow this  
Lycaons

Question about skills

Quests... altho that is yet to be officially defined (beta shall tell). Knight Kdom set up a precedent of giving them out automatically instead of having 2000 users be stuck yearning for quest items only available from cz bowl.

Not autounlocking upsides:

More activity in bowl.

More 'carrot on a stick' material to be online and do your best to reach X goal, to have an edge over others (really satisfying in mmos).

Not autounlocking downsides:

Casuals might get discouraged from playing because they lack certain skills compared to more wealthy users.

Economy might suffer.

In the end, the quest requirements can always be changed I think... right now lobo-like pendants are used for almost everything. Gotta see the feedback regarding this, I mean, turks are no stranger to not being mastered while others are from what I've seen in other PS's.

Quests... altho that is yet to be officially defined (beta shall tell). Knight Kdom set up a precedent of giving them out automatically instead of having 2000 users be stuck yearning for quest items only available from cz bowl.

Not autounlocking upsides:

More activity in bowl.

More 'carrot on a stick' material to be online and do your best to reach X goal, to have an edge over others (really satisfying in mmos).

Not autounlocking downsides:

Casuals might get discouraged from playing because they lack certain skills compared to more wealthy users.

Economy might suffer.

In the end, the quest requirements can always be changed I think... right now lobo-like pendants are used for almost everything. Gotta see the feedback regarding this, I mean, turks are no stranger to not being mastered while others are from what I've seen in other PS's.

Masters quest in USKO doesn't use unique items like that anymore, they use Garukongau essence and other weird stuff like that (Basically get mastered in 30 minutes now). I'm not entirely sure on the 70 skills though, I think it's still the same for that.

I think the system should be reworked so that you can get the skills by farming monsters or just by doing a quest (much like personal). It indeed discourages people if they have to struggle with master and 70 skills. It also opens up another way of becoming overpowered by doanating.

maybe make lobo/lupus/lycaon pendant also drop from chests ? (which are BDW/chaos rewards) - so the more people joining events-> the more skill quest items produced ingame. It would still be kind of special (so people would not just make some quest and automatically earn it..), but amount of people getting the skill quest would be proportional to the amount of people playing the game :) (so it wouldnt be limited to 1x lobo dropping in 1 day)

I think the system should be reworked so that you can get the skills by farming monsters or just by doing a quest (much like personal). It indeed discourages people if they have to struggle with master and 70 skills. It also opens up another way of becoming overpowered by doanating.

Already mentioned before that it's not that good of an idea to limit things that make people feel 'special'.

Excessive catering to casuals seems to be all the rage nowadays, but KO was never really a casual game considering all the grinding involved.

Already mentioned before that it's not that good of an idea to limit things that make people feel 'special'.

Excessive catering to casuals seems to be all the rage nowadays, but KO was never really a casual game considering all the grinding involved.

Which is why I suggest that there's a quest to open these skills. Anybody can open the skills at any time without them being limited by money and farming bosses. It's working like this in USKO atm but I don't think it's at it's finished stage. It could still be better.

Which is why I suggest that there's a quest to open these skills. Anybody can open the skills at any time without them being limited by money and farming bosses. It's working like this in USKO atm but I don't think it's at it's finished stage. It could still be better.

I don't quite follow... what kind of quest do you mean? Right now there ARE quests, they require pendants and other quest items in order to unlock each of those skills.

There's not exclusivity whatsoever or 'special snowflake' feeling on having a quest that any lowbie can unlock at any time.

maybe make lobo/lupus/lycaon pendant also drop from chests ? (which are BDW/chaos rewards) - so the more people joining events-> the more skill quest items produced ingame. It would still be kind of special (so people would not just make some quest and automatically earn it..), but amount of people getting the skill quest would be proportional to the amount of people playing the game :) (so it wouldnt be limited to 1x lobo dropping in 1 day)

I like this idea tbh...

The quests atm on USKO are good, it's not hard there at all to get your 70-72-75 skill... only at the start it is kinda ofcourse....

But I think they should stay the same, getting master with getting the drops like uruktrons's essence and all those essence for each class....

And getting the skills with the same items and money etc required as USKO, but like brutal said, it should be handy if those chests from bdw/chaos should drop lobo/lupus/lycaon pendant....

This will make people do the events as much as they can, what will result in activity. And like brutal said they'll be dropping more then only 1 a day...

But the rate shouldn't be too high, cause let's not make it that easy to get it, so people still need to an effort to get it

Yea master is not an issue, the essences are easy to get.

We're talking here about 70+ skill quests.

Remember there's ardream too so those pendants won't just drop once a day lol. Also, making them drop from temple chests can potentially increase their value indirectly, do we want that?

There's so many variables involved...

Yea master is not an issue, the essences are easy to get.

We're talking here about 70+ skill quests.

Remember there's ardream too so those pendants won't just drop once a day lol. Also, making them drop from temple chests can potentially increase their value indirectly, do we want that?

There's so many variables involved...

I doubt it would increase the value of those items, since more would be in circulation. Also, with chaos stone and the regular spawns of it (& dropping from chests if they include that), it will be a very common item none the less, since the drop rate of it isn't rare (Keep that in mind). The only thing I'm worrying about is, if accessories are upgradeable, how many warriors are going to run around with +1 Lupus pendants. 

Personally, I think that the 70 skills should have to be unlocked through the regular quests, shouldn't be changed. 

I doubt it would increase the value of those items, since more would be in circulation. Also, with chaos stone and the regular spawns of it (& dropping from chests if they include that), it will be a very common item none the less, since the drop rate of it isn't rare (Keep that in mind). The only thing I'm worrying about is, if accessories are upgradeable, how many warriors are going to run around with +1 Lupus pendants. 

Personally, I think that the 70 skills should have to be unlocked through the regular quests, shouldn't be changed. 

Oh I meant increasing the red, green and blue chest price, not the pendants. My bad lol.

Oh I meant increasing the red, green and blue chest price, not the pendants. My bad lol.

Oh, in that case, yeah it might. Which would be even better in my opinion, cause red chests are probably going to sell for 500k-1m tops (Since it always gives some low class item that nobody ever needs). Only Blue chests and Green chests price would increase. Probably not that much either, but you could also look at it like this: Since 70/72 skill items are obtainable through treasure chests, there is more of an incentive to join Border Defense War AND Forgotten Temple. More that joins, more chests in circulation. More chests, lower price & more pendants. The price of it will stabilize sooner or later.