Panel sayfamızda bulunan Download linklerini görebilmeniz için hesabınıza giriş yapmanız gerekmektedir. ×

Attracting new players : Custom content

Ronnen

So yeah, population increases slightly, still not enough to keep CZ crowded at all times and the efforts of keeping the server active have been spot on but KO is still KO and the differences between USKO and APEXKO are just numbers and rate changes, the rest is the same old game. I started playing more than 10 years ago and of course I know the whole process of leveling, gearing and adapting a character but sometimes you feel this "I have nothing to do" feeling while I'm trying to avoid any repetitive activity. 

Besides the number change on rates I believe that there is a thing that makes a server stand out from the crowded world of private servers and that is my friends: Custom content.

Custom content is content created by the admins that makes the game slightly different than USKO, it can be something totally new or just a tweak of something already present in the game, either way, it makes your server unique. I asked Aesteris about this a while ago and his answer was that they have the tools to actually create anything you can possibly think (please do not suggesting mounts or flying shit because this is not wow) taking into account the limits of this old engine.

So, suggestion thread for custom content:

The most basic question regarding "custom content" or "events" is : what prize/reward I am going to get if I attend this? Rewards need to be thought. For example: BDW rewards a useless scroll (doesn't work at lvl 80+) a red chest (easily obtained through mining/fishing) EXP (probably one of the reasons people attend that event) and the possibility of a 8 vs 8 pvp scenario. That's it. It's fun though. I like it, but I consider that reward-wise it sucks, so many people just go afk. Just like FT, ED or chaos. So any custom content rewards players need to consider the effort of those players.

// Here is where my suggestions start :

-Different MONSTER STONES. Yes. Right now we have personal MS, coloured blue. Can we have green MS and yellow MS? Dungeon instances are something that players who love PVE can find a true challenge.

Green Monster Stone is a normal blue monster stone with harder mobs but it has to be completed in party, it can be party of 2 (if they are strong enough) or 8 (if you happen to have lots of friends) This monster stone rewards the same prize as normal blue but in party, this means old unique accesories. Also, you can set mobs to drop shells, bus, high class weapons, scraps and nests,  always a nice touch. 

Yellow Monster stone is like hell monster stone, it has to be completed in party but this party needs to be really strong, not impossible but not thought for low level players with no gear. The rewards are the same as green monster stone but with increase on old roc, rol, imir, flame, shio, BUS, BES and also a final boss that drops chests, trina, shadow or something that players can actually use.

-Weekend cursed Gobble, cursed snowman, cursed black dragon (you choose)

In USKO for at certain time of the year a really big mob appears in front of Lufferson/EMC and people need to defeat it altogether using R attacks for : either spawning more mobs from this big mob (that reward individual prize) or rewarding directly with a huge ton of EXP (remember in USKO getting like 100m EXP for this). This mob spawns like 3-4 times a day and it can only be killed if enough people is online attacking it.

-Etharoth cz bowl invasion

Yeah, I know, "we're low lvl and we can't kill in bowl" but if you make this a recurrent event, people will catch up. GM spawn etharoths (lots of them) in bowl, with % of getting trina/shadow/chests/gems or just high class stuff. The battle for etharoths is going to start.

-Upgrading CZ quests

As I said many times, CZ quest-rewards are a joke. 1,5m as a reward isn't exciting for anyone. There are lots of mobs in CZ that have no use at all. 

That's all I got for now. Feel welcome to suggest some too. 

Excellent suggestion Ronnen, we need stuff like this and people like you.

May I suggest randomly spawning custom bosses in the main zones (luff/emc) which have chances of dropping a bunch of useful items such as: Trinas, Shadow Pieces, high-level gems an fragments, gold/silver bars, monster stones, and anything else people can think of. These bosses would not be hard to kill meaning that anyone can kill them. The difficult part is FINDING these bosses. I repeat they MUST have random spawns, and there should be LOTS of spawns such that you do not know where they may be. Maybe have 3-4 of them spawn at a time with maybe a 30min - 1 hour spawn time. This gives people something to do during what Ronnen called the "I have nothing to do" time. Lufferson and EMC are very big zones which are barely used outside of fishing an invasion.

Since this would be considered "active" farming, I would suggest the average money/hour should be considerably greater than fishing.

Just my suggestion, what do you guys think.

+1 On pretty much everything. I really really like the ideas of different monster -stones, they would be beyond awesome. 

I don't know if spawning "special" bosses into EMC on regular basis would be good though. They should be spawned by GM's with a notice that something crazy is about to hit the emc/lufferson.

These changes however require quite a bit of work, it will be extremely difficult for the owners to make the changes during mid-server.

+1 here too; and as a quick fix for BDW you could put  1x blue instead of red and 1x scroll pack of 30(comes randomly; 1500/300/wolf or sw) instead of that bdw exp sc that's beyond unusable for winners

would agree to change the chest from red to blue, but not scrolls, if you get scrolls, the scrolls npc is useles...

+1000 here...  excelent post ronnen

we really need something different.. the new Monster Stones (that you need a full party to complete them to get a good old (rol, roc, SB, flame, etc..) ) sounds great ... +5000000 here.. xD

the BDW reward should be attack scrolls or buff scrolls.. something usefull... red boxes are useless...

The friday's night the server is empty... there should be something interesting to do in that time... something PVE maybe...

Also sundays the server needs more action...  (CSW gonna help, but I guess we need some new stuff)

would agree to change the chest from red to blue, but not scrolls, if you get scrolls, the scrolls npc is useles...

we're talking about the need of something usefull... redchest is crap.. xD.. and if the drop is a gem or blue box.. it prices gonna drop.. and we gonna get several afk users in bdw... :(

How it comes useless? Warriors need sw/ac/hp/wolf rogue hp ac wolf ac hp sw for rest  winning 4 times could get u sw sw wolf  hp (IF you join to all and IF you win them all)

highly unlikely that you can keep up all scs fror bdw alone but instead making it cheaper if instead of 4/3 diff sc packs you only need to buy less.

Something to keep ppl from afking and maybe using scs in events like juraid/ft

+1 on undying. This is actually pretty good way to activate BDW. Now it's full afk event once again and people don't even try to fight. 

Adding proper prize such as scrolls would make a huge difference. Winners will get random scroll -pack from the list posted above.

If you get scrolls that are not suited for your class its still nice coins for reselling. I think this would require some sort of fix tho on balancing the sides, now almost 80% of BDW's are 6v8.

(6 can still beat 8 depending on players, with this change they would atleast try).

BDW price needs a rework, that's 100% certain. Win should give more, something proper, now we get a red chest and actually have to delete 2 prices.

You should also nerf the exp from loss, to cut down the number of people who came there just to afk for the exp.

I'm bit torn about the scroll reward though, this is propably the 2nd biggest moneydump on the server, if you get scrolls for free, things will change alot. If they are tradeable, they would propably give pure coins just by selling to npc and or soon no1 would buy scrolls from npc. Not even a no-lifer like me uses a full set of scrolls everyday. I'm pretty sure there will be a point when the amount of scrolls you would get from bdw is more than anyone uses up themselves = scrolls for sale = no more buying from npc.

But the reward needs to be better, that we can all agree on.

And the loss should give less exp, so fewer people would join to afk. (You should implement your afk-prevention measures as soon as possible, this would fix many things)

I like the idea of finding some special mobs totally randomly spawned around emc/moradon (not too often and not too op prices, but something that would give the BEGINNERS something usefull, maybe lot of exp and blue chest or something) this would not take all the highlevel people away from other stuff every hour, but would give beginners something nice to hunt while exping/farming. It shouldn't be that hard to code it to send a servermessage when spawning, I'm sure there is no need to gm's to be there to spawn it.

Ronnen for president !

Good ideas, agree in 100%.

What keep the players going and bring new players is not letting them waiting for something, when you try to pk, but you cant for random reasons some players just go moradom af-k or quit to play another game. With those ideas it would keep the players more active playing, and then making cz more crowded.

How it comes useless? Warriors need sw/ac/hp/wolf rogue hp ac wolf ac hp sw for rest  winning 4 times could get u sw sw wolf  hp (IF you join to all and IF you win them all)

highly unlikely that you can keep up all scs fror bdw alone but instead making it cheaper if instead of 4/3 diff sc packs you only need to buy less.

Something to keep ppl from afking and maybe using scs in events like juraid/ft

read what kekkonen, Say

+1 on undying. This is actually pretty good way to activate BDW. Now it's full afk event once again and people don't even try to fight. 

Adding proper prize such as scrolls would make a huge difference. Winners will get random scroll -pack from the list posted above.

If you get scrolls that are not suited for your class its still nice coins for reselling. I think this would require some sort of fix tho on balancing the sides, now almost 80% of BDW's are 6v8.

(6 can still beat 8 depending on players, with this change they would atleast try).

read what kekkonen, Say

BDW price needs a rework, that's 100% certain. Win should give more, something proper, now we get a red chest and actually have to delete 2 prices.

You should also nerf the exp from loss, to cut down the number of people who came there just to afk for the exp.

I'm bit torn about the scroll reward though, this is propably the 2nd biggest moneydump on the server, if you get scrolls for free, things will change alot. If they are tradeable, they would propably give pure coins just by selling to npc and or soon no1 would buy scrolls from npc. Not even a no-lifer like me uses a full set of scrolls everyday. I'm pretty sure there will be a point when the amount of scrolls you would get from bdw is more than anyone uses up themselves = scrolls for sale = no more buying from npc.

But the reward needs to be better, that we can all agree on.

And the loss should give less exp, so fewer people would join to afk. (You should implement your afk-prevention measures as soon as possible, this would fix many things)

I like the idea of finding some special mobs totally randomly spawned around emc/moradon (not too often and not too op prices, but something that would give the BEGINNERS something usefull, maybe lot of exp and blue chest or something) this would not take all the highlevel people away from other stuff every hour, but would give beginners something nice to hunt while exping/farming. It shouldn't be that hard to code it to send a servermessage when spawning, I'm sure there is no need to gm's to be there to spawn it.

+ 1 for this.

However, we all agree about the BDW reward, ye it is suck, but let me explain somthing ok?

Let's take Juraid Mountain for example, everyone going to this event,why? for 1 reason:GEMS the silvery gems are really good for sales/Opening.

i would say change the reward for BDW to a silvery gem (1 tho not 2) this will keep the bdw warm up, and actually will let ppl fight and not also to get exp, however, if you lose i would say blue chest will be the choice.

about the both events of juraid and BDW, ye the afkers are really annoying + ruining up the server but there is a solution, which can be good or bad(let's see the comments) the solution is set up a system when if the player afk for 5 min without any movment, he will be kicked out from the juraid to eslant.

about the activity of the server, it goes really down only because the new USKO server that came out, but in eventually (even can garunteed that) that ppl will come to the server again, because of 1 reason:usko sucks, and apexko is better.

also same as FT, if they will do the afk system that i suggest will be really good.

also i would suggest my own idea:

the idea to make the PK more excited is to put a RANDOM Boss (Like chaos stone but no) every couple of hours (like monster staff, the monster staff picks a random unique monster and it get summoned) with a proper notice in it so everyone will have to fight about it, However and i really suggest that, it has to be cant be lured/or die when it out in bowl(like ProffesionalKO did) and it has to be strong.

For afkers idk if its posible do enable a protection like if u dont move for 5 minutes u should gett dced ... 

As for bring more players would be nice like full plates +7 as starter items (not tradeable) old accesories,without old rocs/rols/skele belt and other good accesories... Also must figure out a way do bring more turk to server ... Because liek it or not,without turks comunity most of private servers are pretty dead ... 

i would say change the reward for BDW to a silvery gem (1 tho not 2) this will keep the bdw warm up, and actually will let ppl fight and not also to get exp, however, if you lose i would say blue chest will be the choice.

The reward from lossing BDW must be bad... a blue chest would bring a lot of afk ppl.. as FT did... ( FT is pretty dead if u haven't noticed that)... Lossing BDW should give pretty bad exp and bad or no reward... so the people will want to fight at least to steal monu in last second or leave if they are getting raped (so u dont have ppl bored waiting 10mins for 2% exp) ..

I think that lvl 83 ppl (those who dont need exp) should get a nontradeable scroll to increase national points gain...  like red dumpling meat (+20 nps for 50min) or something like... as reward for winning BDW... (so you dont affect the prices of gems) and you'll push up people going to PK with their scroll..

The reward from lossing BDW must be bad... a blue chest would bring a lot of afk ppl.. as FT did... ( FT is pretty dead if u haven't noticed that)... Lossing BDW should give pretty bad exp and bad or no reward... so the people will want to fight at least to steal monu in last second or leave if they are getting raped (so u dont have ppl bored waiting 10mins for 2% exp) ..

I think that lvl 83 ppl (those who dont need exp) should get a nontradeable scroll to increase national points gain...  like red dumpling meat (+20 nps for 50min) or something like... as reward for winning BDW... (so you dont affect the prices of gems) and you'll push up people going to PK with their scroll..

could work also but i dont agree about the lose reward, the lose reward should be a medium, not bad or good, to stop ppl from afk in all the events as you said, dc after 5 min on afk(events only)

I think Aesteris/Root should start a short video contest, like 1 minute max showing a feature of ApexKO, could it be pk , PVE, a short vs, whatever and give prizes in ApexPoints. This way youtube will have more videos about Apex, maybe we can flood a lil bit. 

Good idea tho is giving any bonus from buy Apex Points, Like every time you reach 5.5k you get a reward. make it like Event for one month or so. In usko they lunch "KC bar" you got random item every time you charged 100%.

Or give any reward for top 5 Np maker of week, so people can pk. 

I remember the old days of WreckingCrew in Ares, we've launched "PK event", I took a picture of clan list and Nps donated to clan. That was point zero. They had 30 days to make Nps and donate, We got our grade 1 that month. Reward was:

1) Pathos pack + Cospre set + Wings

2) Cospre set + pathos pack

3) Cospre set

4) Pathos Pack.

That's my 2 cents