Sign in to follow this  
PrincessMolly

So sad about mage and want to say what i feel !!

Well , i feel like most of the melee here just want mage to be free nps , they kept reporting mage is op bla bla while its not .

u guys decreased mage damage alot and it shouldnt be like that.

i came here to help with testing and found alot of bugs told woipa about it but he still wont say a word about mage damage .

i was so shy to speak on forum and have been waiting for any admin to log ingame but it seems like u guys never log. :(

just let me know if u r going to work on mage damage or not to decide which character i am going to play , and good luck with the server i like it . :)

actually i did say a few words about mage damage, both here and to you ingame.. i said its accurate with USKO and its high enough. I also told you that mages are hitting more to priests then any other class, therefore there is no need to increase the mage damage. 

And yes, mage damage was really OP before, when people were reporting it

Everyone has 60-140 or even higher resistances right now though in Alpha. Last time I checked, mage's damage was fine.

On the other hand, having mage dealing 1400 damage with Ignization (80 fire) past my passive reduction, while I have over 140 Fire resistance is NOT fine. Getting bladed by 600+110 damage by an ice mage also wasn't fine considering that in both of these examples said mages had only an elixir +7 and bif rings +0.

The damage was too high for having such items, 255 MP or not.

Don't worry about mage damage, their strength does not come from solo gameplay, unless novas hit for 200 damage, mages will always be viable (perhaps annoyingly so in these kind of servers) to the point of having LOTS of "mage teams" novaing anything that moves at pvp zones. Don't forget their PVE strength either, often desired over melees at events like Juraid.

Rest assured, with +1 and +2 bifrost rings on top of more advanced staves (bif, ft, krowaz, utc), the damage will be there. Wait for Beta for a more indepth look at their damage again.

Everyone has 60-140 or even higher resistances right now though in Alpha. Last time I checked, mage's damage was fine.

On the other hand, having mage dealing 1400 damage with Ignization (80 fire) past my passive reduction, while I have over 140 Fire resistance is NOT fine. Getting bladed by 600+110 damage by an ice mage also wasn't fine considering that in both of these examples said mages had only an elixir +7 and bif rings +0.

Don't worry about mage damage, their strength does not come from solo gameplay, unless novas hit for 200 damage, mages will always be viable (perhaps annoyingly so in these kind of servers) to the point of having LOTS of "mage teams" novaing anything that moves at pvp zones. Don't forget their PVE strength either, often desired over melees at events like Juraid.

Rest assured, with +1 and +2 bifrost rings on top of more advanced staves (bif, ft, krowaz, utc), the damage will be there. Wait for Beta for a more indepth look at their damage again.

That's true, but I shouldn't win versus against them, with 75% of my health left.

That's true, but I shouldn't win versus against them, with 75% of my health left.

Mages are reliant on items. A +7 elixir staff mage will never beat a +7 shards 80 rogue or a warrior.

To outdamage a rogue's minor heal you need to spam over a certain damage threshold, even if you have the sickest combo and only do 400 damage per hit, you won't pull it off.

Meanwhile rogues only have to outdamage mages' hp potion regen, and that's fairly easy to do even with mds+7 (not to mention their lower hp and ac).

We'll see in beta.

Mages are reliant on items. A +7 elixir staff mage will never beat a +7 shards 80 rogue or a warrior.

To outdamage a rogue's minor heal you need to spam over a certain damage threshold, even if you have the sickest combo and only do 400 damage per hit, you won't pull it off.

Meanwhile rogues only have to outdamage mages' hp potion regen, and that's fairly easy to do even with mds+7 (not to mention their lower hp and ac).

We'll see in beta.

One thing that we shouldn't do is overestimate their damage, and put it off as fine, and when BETA/Official comes, they're completely useless. Nobody tested their damages during the first Alpha Test (Where everybody decided to just dupe for +21 reverse items to run around with, during TESTING? Yes we get it, duping works. Don't have to dupe 30x DV's  <_<) mainly because everyone wanted to just run around as if it was beta (Some just ran around CZ bowl as if it was official). After we test these damages with the +7's, I would encourage to go back to testing the early/mid game damages, so we don't have a complains in bulk, of people saying one class is too over/underpowered.  

Well , i feel like most of the melee here just want mage to be free nps , they kept reporting mage is op bla bla while its not .

i came here to help with testing and found alot of bugs told woipa about it but he still wont say a word about mage damage .

i was so shy to speak on forum and have been waiting for any admin to log ingame but it seems like u guys never log.  :(

just let me know if u r going to work on mage damage or not to decide which character i am going to play , and good luck with the server i like it .  :)

Firstly, I should point out that again, we always read ingame chat. In fact, all (public) chat (region/shouting) is fed straight to our dev IRC channel. If it's said in public, you don't have to worry -- we're aware of it. :)

Having said that, I should also point out that we don't just make adjustments based purely on what people say, for obvious reasons. We always double-check what they're saying is correct before we do so.

Additionally, any damage adjustments we make aren't specifically made to "increase damage by x" or whatever. We step through our damage calcs to figure out where it's diverging from official damage calcs, so the amounts produced are the same.

As a result, physical damage is now fine -- we have official calcs for them, which never really changed on USKO.

Magic damage however is 'iffy', because we don't have new enough official calcs to be able to step through the entire process & verify each amount it calculates (base damage we can, but when it comes to elemental damage and other new behaviour, things have changed a bit), so instead we can really only check the final damage amounts against USKO and figure out how/why they're being produced differently. A much slower process.

In the state they're in right now, they appear very close to accurate -- at least for most things we've specifically looked at. Damage calcs are an ongoing, evolving process, so if there's anything specifically wrong happening you've noticed against same stats/items on USKO, please explain it so we can check it out. :)

The one thing I do know for certain is that mages were indeed OP before, though. This was because there was a bug in our damage calcs causing it to produce insane damages which isn't correct for any version of those damage calcs we have. Aside from earlier on, this is really the only time its calc was touched.

Also, people keep saying the damage of specific skills is too low (e.g. Helis, though it's a priest skill, it's still calc'd the same as mage skills). Important thing to remember is that this is all connected; so if we fix one, everything else should be improved (at least, everything else calculated the same way). So what would be really helpful at this stage is to do up some damage comparisons for ApexKO/USKO (checking amounts against resistances, different staff AP, etc), so we can get an idea where exactly things are still breaking (e.g. bonus elemental damage not being calculated right, resistances, etc). :)

i could still hit 1400 with ignization to 60 flame resist before reductions, which IMO is pretty good for +0 rings and +7 elixir O.o

Also, my other damages to 60 FR (255 mp and +7/+0)

fire staff- up to 633+140 

manes of fire- 559,6 on average

meteorfall- 918 on average

these damages are done without absolute power skill, i think they are pretty accurate to USKO

Ahm. Absolute power doesn't affect your damage in PK. Just like the bugged arrow defence never works.

Are you sure about that? Double-checking against 1.298, it appears to be handling it -- and we're handling both of these things the same.

Are you sure about that? Double-checking against 1.298, it appears to be handling it -- and we're handling both of these things the same.

Well it's one of the oldest debates of KO and I personally see no difference in damage output when I use it. Of course it is entirely possible that the damage bonus is so minimal that I just didn't notice it but in that case the damage bonus is bugged and doesn't match the skill description.

Well it's one of the oldest debates of KO and I personally see no difference in damage output when I use it. Of course it is entirely possible that the damage bonus is so minimal that I just didn't notice it but in that case the damage bonus is bugged and doesn't match the skill description.

That's entirely possible.

well the 30% more would be kind of op :P. but both absolute power and arrow deffense are working here regarding to what ive seen/tested :). i was doing up to 1100 damage with meteorfall and absolute power (with elix+7 and FRs)

Absolute power description says it adds 30% damage and the damage bonus is minimal. Also mage damage range is massive which is why it's so hard to tell whether it's working or not. I might log a mage this weekend just to test it myself by using the same skill over and over and checking the maximum damages. If there is even a small increase then it works but it definitely is no game changer.

How did you test arrow defence btw? I recall it being completely useless.

Absolute power description says it adds 30% damage and the damage bonus is minimal. Also mage damage range is massive which is why it's so hard to tell whether it's working or not. I might log a mage this weekend just to test it myself by using the same skill over and over and checking the maximum damages. If there is even a small increase then it works but it definitely is no game changer.

well you could always use statistical tools instead of just checking maximal damages, if you dont believe us :P

well you could always use statistical tools instead of just checking maximal damages, if you dont believe us :P

What tools exactly lol? I think it needs confirmation because I've witnessed so much debate about it over the years. Next thing you tell me looting coins decreases drop rate and parasite heals bosses/npcs?

What tools exactly lol? I think it needs confirmation because I've witnessed so much debate about it over the years. Next thing you tell me looting coins decreases drop rate and parasite heals bosses/npcs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Student%27s_t-test, for example. (probably arithmetic average would be enough, but if you want to be accurate and use numbers...)

lol im not turk to tell you those..

edit: and parasite does indeed "visually" heal those xD

30% magic power iirc. Not total damage.

sooo double check your facts :ph34r:

30% magic power iirc. Not total damage.

sooo double check your facts :ph34r:

Soo.. MP bonus doesn't add damage in pk either, only the stats do. Yet it almost adds 30% damage against monsters so ye dunno..

I'm so full of people not parasiting monsters because of that visual bug.. sigh.

well, i dont think you are gonna have to play with people who dont use parasite :P hope there are going to be PLENTY english speakers.