• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
Aesteris

More updates coming to Ronark Land!

Hey everyone,

As part of our ongoing effort to increase Ronark Land activity the following changes will be made shortly;

• Boss respawn time reduced from 4 ~ 8 hours to 45 ~ 60 minutes
  • Boss drop rate reduced to keep the overall unique influx into the server the same
  • Chaos Stone respawn time reduced to 45 ~ 60 minutes
  • Chaos Stone will no longer spawn on startup either
  • Drop rate for Chaos Stone bosses also reduced to accommodate the reduced spawn time
  • Boss respawn locations will be randomized, new boss spawns include the old ones, as well as several locations on the most often visited roads to the bowl from both sides (equal amount of possible spawns)

If you have any suggestions or feedback, do let us know as soon as possible!

Gonna leave my feedback, this is what I would do instead (some of these are side changes unrelated to the bring-new-players, cz-activity topic).

1. Add Acer to the chaos stone batch of monsters as well as a regular boss spawn in CZ bowl.

2. Reduce boss window from 4-8 hours to 1-5, while having boss-specific windows for the ones that drop the best uniques (bach bishop duke acer, these ones can have a 3-6 hour window) .

3. Increase Skelcrown, Raxton, Dulian, Query and Jersey HP by 100%, and make them hit for 200% more damage.
4. Modify the drop tables of Skelcrown (currently empty), Raxton (currently empty), Dulian, Query and Jersey so they can drop great uniques, even if its at a very low rate and some olds too at a higher rate*
5. Make it so bosses can also drop shards, raptors and high class stuff, just like in USKO. That way, useless bosses like Javana, Barrrkk and Bone collector can at least be slightly better.
6. Reduce the drop rate from the better bosses to account for their increased spawn rate (20% less from its current value so if its 50%, it'd be 40%, only for bach duke bishop acer).
7. A chaos stone server-wide announcement could be added ONLY as the chaos stone spawns (not when its about to spawn) so that people already in cz can have a small edge over the players just arriving there.
8. Increase Chaos stone HP by 25%
9. Modify Chaos stone spawn window to 2-4 hours from whatever amount its right now.
10. Make it so bosses die (and subsequently respawn within a few seconds again inside the bowl) if they're lured outside bowl (worth considering because people will want to lure Dulian, Query, etc.), coords should be lenient so they just don't die for slightly stepping in a hill.

4*
Their drop rate could be:
25% chance of dropping a unique.

Out of that 25%, if it does drop a unique:
10% rate: Iron necklace, Iron belt, Glass belt, Skeleton belt
30% rate: secret silver earring, elf metal earring, platinum earring, silver earring, white silver earring, warrior earring, cleric earring, rogue earring, bronze belt, diamond ring, elf ring, amulet of curse, amulet of dexterity, elf belt, amulet of strength, amulet of health, amulet of goddess, opal earring, bronze earring.
60% rate: old rol, old roc, old skeleton belt, old bronze belt, old warrior earring, old rogue earring, old cleric earring, old elf metal earring, old platinum earring, old diamond ring, old necklace of quickness, old belt of quickness, old elf belt.

10. Make it so bosses die (and subsequently respawn within a few seconds again inside the bowl) if they're lured outside bowl (worth considering because people will want to lure Dulian, Query, etc.), coords should be lenient so they just don't die for slightly stepping in a hill.

It wouldn't be like in USKO, it's fine now.

Disagree with the previous guys.  If they do modify the rates properly then it won't affect the overall unique income at all. 

If they lower the respawn time from ~6 hours ---> 1 hour then simply reducing the drop rates to 1/6 and it's the same shit as it is now.  With the diff that it would actually help newbies / less organised groups and people [ it's way easier to time and camp bosses / chaos stones when they can't spawn for 4-5 hours after killing it. Currently it's the same 2-3 clan killing the chaos stone and most of the bosses (i'm in 1 of them aswell), cuz they can simply go chilling for 4 hours after killing it, do whatever they want, farm, exp, just chilling cuz it won't respawn anyway, then camp it abit , it spawns, drop rates are pretty high atm ---> profit.]

If they would constantly spawn within 45-60 mins, with way worse drop rates, every1 would have a way better chance to get drops cuz no1 will camp bowl 24/7, every1 gonna take a break and with short respawn time during those breaks for certain guys , other ppl getting the chance. Not like now, when chaos stone being raped, plenty of drop given, then you can do whatever u want at bowl for the next 4-5 hours, it won't respawn anyway, then you are getting tired / the ones killed it , timed it are coming back aswell and they will get it.

So ye big +1 from me for the whole idea Aesteris, but be careful with the rates, make sure it is reduced enough so the overall drops during a day stays around the same as they are now.

There are lots of farming spots?

Most mob spaces in cz are empty except occasionally aoc, dk, sg.

They are, but why?     Cuz most of them is crap as hell and doesn't worth the effort at all. That's what the guy meant most likely.   Why would anybody bother farming for a few shard, etc, getting raided and shit when afk activities as fishing still gives plenty of things (Yesterday I got 50m++ from sapphires + opals + crystals ///// plenty of BUs + NUS /// MS /// 40-50++ gems,frags,chests.   That's fishing a few hour with 1 char only.   Do it with 5+, you know the rest...)

They are, but why?     Cuz most of them is crap as hell and doesn't worth the effort at all. That's what the guy meant most likely.   Why would anybody bother farming for a few shard, etc, getting raided and shit when afk activities as fishing still gives plenty of things (Yesterday I got 50m++ from sapphires + opals + crystals ///// plenty of BUs + NUS /// MS /// 40-50++ gems,frags,chests.   That's fishing a few hour with 1 char only.   Do it with 5+, you know the rest...)

I agree. The exp rates have been boosted which is good. Honestly I'm open to whatever changes are gonna get people exping in cz. Exping in cz is one of the things that has always made cz active and pk lively. Whatever is gonna get people exping in cz and not ragequitting when I raid them I'm open too.

I meant  to create some spot simmiular to cardinals where is worth to kill , two most commons places are aoc and barely cardinals. Force people somehow to stay in cz , i would say to add to some difficult (dm,ew) mobs trina drop for example  3-4% drop rate. Find out new places where is possibility to do some businesses , not mostly a way of fishing -> sellin opals etc.

Disagree with the previous guys.  If they do modify the rates properly then it won't affect the overall unique income at all. 

If they lower the respawn time from ~6 hours ---> 1 hour then simply reducing the drop rates to 1/6 and it's the same shit as it is now.  With the diff that it would actually help newbies / less organised groups and people [ it's way easier to time and camp bosses / chaos stones when they can't spawn for 4-5 hours after killing it. Currently it's the same 2-3 clan killing the chaos stone and most of the bosses (i'm in 1 of them aswell), cuz they can simply go chilling for 4 hours after killing it, do whatever they want, farm, exp, just chilling cuz it won't respawn anyway, then camp it abit , it spawns, drop rates are pretty high atm ---> profit.]

If they would constantly spawn within 45-60 mins, with way worse drop rates, every1 would have a way better chance to get drops cuz no1 will camp bowl 24/7, every1 gonna take a break and with short respawn time during those breaks for certain guys , other ppl getting the chance. Not like now, when chaos stone being raped, plenty of drop given, then you can do whatever u want at bowl for the next 4-5 hours, it won't respawn anyway, then you are getting tired / the ones killed it , timed it are coming back aswell and they will get it.

So ye big +1 from me for the whole idea Aesteris, but be careful with the rates, make sure it is reduced enough so the overall drops during a day stays around the same as they are now.

So in your opinion turning bosses into pretty much regular monsters is a good idea. The feeling of getting coined sure is a miserable one, I suppose that will be happening a lot more often now :P

Also, how can you be so sure that the same clans won't camp the entire day? I've seen clans run bowl for hours on end. This might increase a little of activity at the expense of trivializing the concept of a boss, but it will surely not bring new players or lowbies to cz (perhaps at the start, until they leave within minutes due to getting 1 shot by thirsty rogues).

Anyway, it seems too extreme of a change to me, maybe a middle ground can be found. Having the minimum respawn window be 1 hour is fine and dandy IMO, but having all of the bosses including the chaos stone respawn in a time frame of 30 minutes, every hour? I'm not too sure about that. Should, if anything, slowly test the waters little by little as opposed to turning the entire system upside down over night. It could really mess the economy, activity, mood, among other things.

They won't camp it 24/7, that's just impossible and not happening anywhere, even if magically they would do it somehow, the lower the respawn times, the higher the chances are to get a sneaky kill from a strong party while they just went for a rpr, chased some randoms out of bowl etc.

It would be waay better and would bring alot more ppl since they'd feel like they actually have a chance.   Atm if you go to CZ, let's say 2 hours after a couple of boss was killed (even worse if you are unlucky enough to get there 10-30 mins after it), as well as the chaos stone, you pretty much won't see shit for the next 3-4 hours and gonna leaving cz before having a chance to get smth, going back to fishing whatever.   (I had not one  2-3 hours long continous bossrun periods at bowl while didn't see a single boss and most of people aren't even near as patient as i am)

Meanwhile if you'd have lower respawn times, casual soloers would actually see bosses, chaos stones and would feel like they can get it, would actually get few aswell and would risk dieing and go back there, creating pk.

It would be so much better, atm bowl has huge "dead" times due to the long respawn times, it's like:  "hey how is CZ? [asking at clan chat]   not much, chaos stone was killed 1 hour ago,   duke-bach- shaula-bakirra died aswell ~30 mins ago so don't bother now.     /// Then i'm farming, xping for 3-4 hours w/o even taking a look at bowl, going back to bowl for a while after that, getting most of the useful thing, chaos stone, some of the better bosses then time to afk again since the possibility of getting smth useful is close to 0 during those times. 

PS.: I don't rly care about the exact respawn time reduction, can be a 1/2 as well as an 1/6 (until it's balanced with lowered drop rates too). But would surely be a good thing compared to the current, easy to time system, or more likely it's too easy to predict atm, when NOT to go bowl.      [Actually, to avoid it better if you plan on doing this ~60 min thingy, then better make the respawn times instead of 45-->60 to like     30-->90.   45 --> 60 is a relatively small range, easily to time again, 30-90 would work much better to keep people running at bowl more]

Meanwhile if you'd have lower respawn times, casual soloers would actually see bosses, chaos stones and would feel like they can get it, would actually get few aswell and would risk dieing and go back there, creating pk.

There's a difference between lower, and perma uptime.

The windows could be lower, but IMO this is too much!

i'd say 1,5-2,5 hours instead of 45-60 minutes

because it's a higher range, so less predictable if it's totally random, also not as much as before, like Lapis said, kinda much if it's every 45-60 minutes, cause it's not only 1 boss that spawns, it are quite a few ones....

so imo 45-60 for this amount of bosses would be too short period... Bowl would never be empty without an boss like this :P

They won't camp it 24/7, that's just impossible and not happening anywhere, even if magically they would do it somehow, the lower the respawn times, the higher the chances are to get a sneaky kill from a strong party while they just went for a rpr, chased some randoms out of bowl etc.

It would be waay better and would bring alot more ppl since they'd feel like they actually have a chance.   Atm if you go to CZ, let's say 2 hours after a couple of boss was killed (even worse if you are unlucky enough to get there 10-30 mins after it), as well as the chaos stone, you pretty much won't see shit for the next 3-4 hours and gonna leaving cz before having a chance to get smth, going back to fishing whatever.   (I had not one  2-3 hours long continous bossrun periods at bowl while didn't see a single boss and most of people aren't even near as patient as i am)

It would be so much better, atm bowl has huge "dead" times due to the long respawn times, it's like:  "hey how is CZ? [asking at clan chat]   not much, chaos stone was killed 1 hour ago,   duke-bach- shaula-bakirra died aswell ~30 mins ago so don't bother now.     /// Then i'm farming, xping for 3-4 hours w/o even taking a look at bowl, going back to bowl for a while after that, getting most of the useful thing, chaos stone, some of the better bosses then time to afk again since the possibility of getting smth useful is close to 0 during those times. 

PS.: I don't rly care about the exact respawn time reduction, can be a 1/2 as well as an 1/6 (until it's balanced with lowered drop rates too). But would surely be a good thing compared to the current, easy to time system, or more likely it's too easy to predict atm, when NOT to go bowl.      [Actually, to avoid it better if you plan on doing this ~60 min thingy, then better make the respawn times instead of 45-->60 to like     30-->90.   45 --> 60 is a relatively small range, easily to time again, 30-90 would work much better to keep people running at bowl more]

excuse me sir, did you see Fate?

i'd say 1,5-2,5 hours instead of 45-60 minutes

because it's a higher range, so less predictable if it's totally random, also not as much as before, like Lapis said, kinda much if it's every 45-60 minutes, cause it's not only 1 boss that spawns, it are quite a few ones....

so imo 45-60 for this amount of bosses would be too short period... Bowl would never be empty without an boss like this :P

Hence why i said aswell if they wanna do the ~60 min thingy, rather go for 30-->90 mins than 45-60.      And personally finding your respawn range too short aswell (imo the possible respawn time range should be bigger than the one when they surely can't spawn.  So staying at your numbers, an 1 hour --> 2,5 or 3 hour would be better imo)

I will always support making CZ a better place to be for farming, pking and exping. Just to clarify, when you say 45-60 minute spawn time, this means that it is a random amount of time between 45 and 60 minutes? If so that is great.

Also, I think that monsters should spawn all over CZ. Not just in the middle bowl area. I'm not sure if this is already a thing since I havent been in CZ too much, but it is something I would support.

Let's say that once the chaos stone is killed, the bosses which spawn from it spawn all over CZ (randomly, not in the same usual spots) and not just in bowl. This would mean that you have to go search for them as opposed to kill them right there. This would take care of 'the rich get richer' problem. I'm not saying that ALL the bosses should spawn randomly, but some should. Obviously the team that controls bowl should be rewarded for doing so and if they kill the stone then they should be rewarded for it with things to kill right there. However I like the idea of random spawning bosses all over CZ. Perhaps not from the chaos stone, but in general.

Just an idea.

Sign in to follow this