Sign in to follow this  
MERET

TS & Stun & Slow

TS upsets the balances in the war. Magician and priest class take advantage of this by using skills quickly but other class cannot. It is an unfair affair.

Please don't repeat yourself several times like the same Official KO. We all know that countless things are not the same such as Official KO. You should innovate like duration, undy scroll and so on. Even if you explained it never gonna be before -but you removed this topic on the forum- if you really maintain a so-called balance.

I think transformation scroll, totem, and gem should be removed in this server. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The effective range of magician class staff skill is overrange and abnormal. 

Please fix this bug. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A success rate of ice and stun are too much than normal. I get plenty of resistance but it doesn't work.

Please fix this bug.

Regards... 

Edited by MERET

34 minutes ago, MERET said:

A success rate of ice and stun are too much than normal. I get plenty of resistance but it doesn't work.

Give me a timeframe for when you were stunned / slowed too much and the name of your character. I can tell you what your rate was and how much they missed at that time.

I suspect, like the other cases we've looked at, it's not a case of the rates being too high (because they're not). It's the frustration that occurs when, due to RNG, they happen twice in a short span of time. Adjusting rates doesn't really fix that, and causes more problems.

On the other hand, it's looking like I'll be implementing diminishing returns specifically to address these frustrating cases.

twostars, 11 saat önce yazdı:

Give me a timeframe for when you were stunned / slowed too much and the name of your character. I can tell you what your rate was and how much they missed at that time.

I suspect, like the other cases we've looked at, it's not a case of the rates being too high (because they're not). It's the frustration that occurs when, due to RNG, they happen twice in a short span of time. Adjusting rates doesn't really fix that, and causes more problems.

On the other hand, it's looking like I'll be implementing diminishing returns specifically to address these frustrating cases.

By the way, you always focus on one sentence within all sentences and according to that you answer all the time. 

Let me write again expect you're answering the question.

MERET, 11 saat önce yazdı:

MERET, 11 saat önce yazdı:

TS upsets the balances in the war. Magician and priest class take advantage of this by using skills quickly but other class cannot. It is an unfair affair.

Plus, how do mages receive more HP damage with Halloween Cane as well as required fewer skill points? Also other skills...

YOU MUST DO PK IN FORCE FOR ONE HOUR AT LEAST. THEREBY, YOU CAN UNDERSTAND BUGS AND US!

Edited by MERET

1. The TS - Has always been like this on USKO and doesn't seem to be a problem there. Remember, when mages are using TS, they are not using any scrolls, so most of the time a lot them are unbuffed and with no swift. - However, I don't think mages would mind removing the TS from invasion, if it stops people complaining 24/7 about not being able to heal (eventho priest can use TS aswell) ☺️

2. I think this is just a visual bug? Like when warriors hit you from miles away. I am not sure tho, but should be easy to check.

3. Stunrates are like they've always been. Most mage pts run with 2x light mage and when 6-7 mages all use their 45 lightning skill of course some of you are going to get stunned. That being said, I feel like I am always slowed by some damm random blizzards, but I guess it is just like TwoStars says, our own frustration that makes it seem like it is 24/7...

27 minutes ago, MERET said:

By the way, you always focus on one sentence within all sentences and according to that you answer all the time. 

I read all of it, but the issue I'm presently focused on is rates. As I'm making that change soon, I was hoping for any and all actual evidence behind your claims so I can see what it is you're actually complaining about, but if you're not willing to do that, all I can do is ignore your claim entirely as it doesn't help us in any way.

22 minutes ago, Rougean said:

2. I think this is just a visual bug? Like when warriors hit you from miles away. I am not sure tho, but should be easy to check.

Yes, I'll be looking into it but I assume right now it's just a visual inconsistency. We've had to balance the responsiveness of movement a little with performance, as the client is very inefficient with how it handles movement updates, so movement/positioning is slightly (0.2s) less responsive than it was before, however it ultimately performs much, much better in larger scales (e.g. with UTC), so I'm fairly happy with it as it is. It's still 300% as responsive than it is officially, so for now - until I can spend the time fully optimising movement update logic - it's a much more performant middle-ground which doesn't cause the extra stuttering lag people were experiencing.

I'll check its range though, just to make sure it's not doing anything wacky like Blow Arrow was at one point.

12 hours ago, MERET said:

12 minutes ago, twostars said:

I read all of it, but the issue I'm presently focused on is rates. As I'm making that change soon, I was hoping for any and all actual evidence behind your claims so I can see what it is you're actually complaining about, but if you're not willing to do that, all I can do is ignore your claim entirely as it doesn't help us in any way.

Please focus on this as well. After the server went up the range from mages is insane, no false claims here. The range increased drastically. They're already OP, so please, check this out and make it a priority. (Not just staff skills, range skill as well)

Also, there seems to be a visual bug, melees look far in your screen, but they can still attack you. (perhaps same bug?) Just please have a look at this.

Edited by Nath

twostars, 10 dakika önce yazdı:

My pc is really bad. I can't record video and also I can't take what you want us to give information when I focus on PK. GM maybe helps us about this issue. I am not the only telling that, you know.

21 minutes ago, MERET said:

My pc is really bad. I can't record video and also I can't take what you want us to give information when I focus on PK. GM maybe helps us about this issue. I am not the only telling that, you know.

Just a general timeframe and your character name (I'm assuming MERET) is all I'm asking for. "Sometime within the last couple of hours" is plenty.

Regardless, I'm sifting through your stun logs (in particular) and not really seeing anything crazy. For reference, here's what I'm looking at (a report of all stun attempts to MERET in the last 7 days, excluding those from Chaos Dungeon skills -- since they're hard rates and don't matter for anything, though the Kurian Rush passive is in much the same boat, but oh well), since I want to be completely transparent here:
https://pastebin.com/mbDVwaP6

What you see is that with your resistances, the rates are very low. And as a consequence, there's a ton of misses. I don't see many close proximity hits at all; they typically are still spread apart.
One exception is:

1. October 12th 2018, 08:55:47.000 190771  247 275 46  2.394726    HIT
  2. October 12th 2018, 08:55:45.000 190772  247 275 46  2.394726    HIT
Which is extremely low (2.4%) but happened within 2 seconds. It's going to happen; it's really down to RNG for that. But occurrences of this, or generally any occurrences of hits within reasonably short timeframes do not happen often. They happen occasionally, but they're certainly not recurrent enough to consider it a rate issue.

Which brings me back to the idea of using diminishing returns to try to reduce these particular cases, which I believe is where your frustration actually lies.

Of course, a general timeframe so I can know which session you're talking about would help me identify where those frustrating cases lie for you, but whatever.

Edit:
Left in a bunch of mob skills too (those start with 3*). Those can be ignored as well.
Edited by twostars

22 minutes ago, twostars said:

Just a general timeframe and your character name (I'm assuming MERET) is all I'm asking for. "Sometime within the last couple of hours" is plenty.

I'll try to record a video about the issue but need a clue which program :) I never record video. 

Btw, I can't access your sharing link cus of not safe.

Staff ranges do seem larger than they should be, but it is respecting the client's range, so I'm assuming what you're seeing is a result of that + the visual inconsistency.

We may reduce their base range from the official range; that should keep things more in line with other melee-type skill ranges.

I agree that TS should be removed in invasions. Mages do take advantage by transforming into Kekoons in order to hide around, call friend and nova you down. They cast so quick that 2x nova will look like 1x on your PC. Mages nova damage must be reduced and TS be removed.

Edited by red123

1- Transformation scrolls can be used by all classes. no reason to remove.

2- take it from me. the mage staff skill range isn't any different from any server i have played.

stun and slow seems abit odd.

but so is blink. i don't see it mentioned here (cause thats a bug that benefits you?) 

if you delete transformation scrolls. put town at 80% so the constant towning from melee is also gone then.

@twostars when mages blink it sometimes does the (23master) guard dragon animation instead.

Edited by Chayni

46 minutes ago, red123 said:

I agree that TS should be removed in invasions. Mages do take advantage by transforming into Kekoons in order to hide around, call friend and nova you down. They cast so quick that 2x nova will look like 1x on your PC. Mages nova damage must be reduced and TS be removed.

if you have priests that know how to heal. the dmg should be no problem ;)

I agree with Chayni. Just play the game people, and stop complaining about every little thing. I get hit from 2 miles from the chinese warriors every pk session. I complained about it, and was told its a visual thing.. nothing was done, and I still play just fine. 

Chayni, 36 dakika önce yazdı:

Transformation scrolls can be used by all classes. no reason to remove.

As I said before magician and priest class take advantage of this by using skills quickly but other class cannot. That's why I offered a suggestion.

Serially heal; nova skills and so forth.

21 minutes ago, MERET said:

As I said before magician and priest class take advantage of this by using skills quickly but other class cannot. That's why I offered a suggestion.

Serially heal; nova skills and so forth.

this is the game we play..TS is available on all server and i dont see any good reason to delete it just because warrior and rogue dont benefit from it

Ice\Stun rate a little bit high also stun rate different in arena than in cz because in arena i tested with tuke and he got stun x4 out of 82 .. im sure in cz he would get stunned much more often

Also as Chayni says need to fix Blink and Instantly Magic bugs and the fast casting u cant use any skill 

11 hours ago, NakedRussian said:

Ice\Stun rate a little bit high also stun rate different in arena than in cz because in arena i tested with tuke and he got stun x4 out of 82 .. im sure in cz he would get stunned much more often

The same logic applies in every zone. This is false.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:38 AM, Chayni said:

if you have priests that know how to heal. the dmg should be no problem ;)

You're kidding right? most priests die with one kekoon drop before they get a chance to heal, now imagine u casting two novas in less than a second :)

16 hours ago, red123 said:

You're kidding right? most priests die with one kekoon drop before they get a chance to heal, now imagine u casting two novas in less than a second :)

if priest would be able to use kecoon maybe :o 

OH WAIT..........

13 hours ago, Chayni said:

if priest would be able to use kecoon maybe :o 

OH WAIT..........

won't make much difference, mage dmg is crazy everyone knows it, you're just defending mages cuz you're having fun :)