Sign in to follow this  
Melody

NP Increase Scroll Bug

NP Increase Scroll Bug; Basically it happened to me already 2 times.
That I used the NP Increase Scroll but in the middle of it removed [ I didn't delete it ].

I guess but I'm not sure it got removed after I die by NPs / EXP.

#Edited, I also remember that Razor had the same problem back then, when he used to play.

Edited by Melody

When did this occur and on which character? As stated in razor's thread, I made sure to add logs to cover these cases but it had yet to be reported again.

Edit: The last one you used expired at the correct time.

Edit 2: As did the first one you used yesterday.

I think the one you're referring to was one that was removed by a client request (i.e. when you click it off). That was at 8:43PM server time yesterday.
This happened to your other buffs at about the same time, e.g. Armor Enchant scroll & Weapon Enchant scroll.

I'm not sure why the client would do that.

Edited by twostars

There was one case where the server handled 'cancellation' requests that may not necessarily actually be legitimate player-induced cancellation requests.
I don't know what triggers this, if anything, but as of the last restart it'll simply ignore (and log) these requests.

This is the safer option for now until I determine what that's all about, though it may or may not break whatever was using it.
Hopefully logs will help identify how to reproduce it (if it even ever does trigger at some point).

This happens to me quite often with Weapon Enchant scroll. The scrolls icon just disappear from my 'buffs bar'.

I haven't been paying attention closely enough but I think it happens when I die to other players (not all the time). I didn't bother to report it because it was just Weapon Enchant scroll, but it sucks if this also happens with NP scrolls. Going to keep an eye on this to help you debug it.

Edit note
@twostars

I could recreate the issue (with Weapon Enchant scroll) it happened twice when switching instances.
1. First I had my scrolls and got summoned into Juraid Mountain, result: Weapon Enchant scroll gone.
2. Had scrolls once again and got summoned into BDW, result: Weapon Enchant scroll gone.

Edited by Nath
Bug recreation

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce it using the steps provided. I had a look over your logs around that time and it appeared your character had the debuff up until after you left Juraid - rather, you exited Juraid, the (same) scroll was restored (in EMC), you teleported to CZ and 20 seconds after it restored, it removed it - registering it as if you clicked it off.

I'm not entirely sure if this was the same session you're referring to, but it appearing as if it's clicked off (as well as some of your other buffs at the same time) suggest it might be.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions though, so if you're able to reproduce this, can you give us a shout when exactly you do so I can chase it down in logs?

Thanks.

I'm not following you either. I go all the time Jr > Eslant > Moradon > CZ. Unless you're counting Eslant as EMC, I never go there.

Anyway, it happened again last night. I was in CZ with both attack/defense enchant scrolls and got summoned into Juraid (weapon enchant scroll was gone as soon as I landed into Juraid). I haven't played since last night so you can check out that time frame.

Again, this might be just visual (client side?) I will pay attention now checking my AP to see if it remains the same even after the scroll is gone.

4 hours ago, Nath said:

I'm not following you either. I go all the time Jr > Eslant > Moradon > CZ. Unless you're counting Eslant as EMC, I never go there.

Anyway, it happened again last night. I was in CZ with both attack/defense enchant scrolls and got summoned into Juraid (weapon enchant scroll was gone as soon as I landed into Juraid). I haven't played since last night so you can check out that time frame.

Again, this might be just visual (client side?) I will pay attention now checking my AP to see if it remains the same even after the scroll is gone.

Sorry, that instance I was referring to was actually BDW not Juraid, that's why it took you back to EMC instead of Eslant.

Your current case is very interesting. It looks like it was removed in CZ with the others as if you clicked them off at 2:35:31~2:35:33, and all except the Weapon Enchant scroll reinserted fresh immediately after.

The next hit I see is you manually rebuffing with new Weapon Enchant & Armor Enchant scrolls at 2:53:35 (in Juraid).

Juraid started & you were teleported in at 2:50:00, which carried across your other buffs fine.

So it actually happened 15min prior to entering Juraid - for some reason, at ~2:35:31, it clicked of all of your scrolls (500033 [HP Scroll 1500], 500030 [Scroll of Armor 300], 500034 [Scroll of Attack], 500035 [Speed potion], 500049 [Weapon Enchant scroll]) and I assume you manually reinserted the rest, as the next hits were applying new scrolls (500035 [Speed potion], 500030 [Scroll of Armor 300], 500033 [HP Scroll 1500], 500034 [Scroll of Attack]) - so no new Weapon Enchant scroll.

Question is what exactly is happening here and why. It's telling me you're clicking them off and then rebuffing them all (and forgetting the Weapon Enchant scroll). And again, this is 15min prior to Juraid - when you zone into Juraid you obviously still don't have the scroll here because it was removed then.