Sign in to follow this  
lilorc6

Blink Bug and TP Bug

I'm not entirely sure if you're aware of these issues or not... but they're fairly annoying when playing, it's actually caused me to die a few times. Sometimes Blink will just completely fail. The cooldown will load but the skill will not go through. Sometimes it will also cast like I'm casting swift or something in which it's not supposed to do that lol. Blink is supposed to be 100% working always so something is certainly going on with the skill. If I ever catch it on recording you will see what I mean. 

TP skill also randomly fails. It usually happens when for whatever reason the client decides to cast the skill super fast. Sometimes it will just fail completely for no reason. I've noticed that the client will cast other skills super fast too and then they will fail. 

Either way, if you guys need video evidence for the Blink I can try and see if it will happen when I'm recording or something. Def needs checked into though as soon as possible because I have a strong feeling that other classes skills are failing often too.

We’re aware of both issues (didn’t know the casting part about blink could happen), but when it fails and start the cooldown that’s a client bug which is also happening on official. 😕

I believe Blink does that when it encounters unusual terrain and can't predict its next location reliably, but then again there's cases where the terrain's been reasonably flat.

Not sure what causes it, but it's definitely an official client bug.

Skill cast speeds being slow/fast is essentially the biggest problem we have right now, second only to the lag issues at our current provider. It's been a thing since as long as we can remember and we've still been unable to consistently reproduce it enough to debug it, but as with all of our other long-standing bugs I'm positive it will eventually be fixed.

All it takes is for us to be able to reasonably consistently reproduce it. If we can do that, I can monitor why it's breaking and fix it.

Edited by twostars

58 minutes ago, TBE said:

yep its bug I did instant magic and blink it work but the next blink always fail

I messed around with both blink and instant magic yesterday, and for the record blink always worked twice if the terrain was flat. Didn’t ”next blink always fail” for me.