Sign in to follow this  
lilorc6

Well Needed Suggestions

13 hours ago, Nath said:

Test shooting arrows to a priest, that's it. I'll guaranty you will see the crazy cancellation rate. I can't say if this was the case all along (since we really didn't have archers parties in this server before they got massively buffed). But since that patch, all it takes for an archer is a single arrow from across the map to cancel a priest skill, consistently. 

Which skills are we talking about in particular (that the priest is trying to cast), since the rate depends on the specific skill?

Edit: It's certainly not 100%, even testing with the skills with the highest cancellation rate.
I don't really think anything's changed with these, but I suspect they could also benefit from some form of diminishing returns.

Edited by twostars

30 minutes ago, twostars said:

Which skills are we talking about in particular (that the priest is trying to cast), since the rate depends on the specific skill?

Edit: It's certainly not 100%, even testing with the skills with the highest cancellation rate.
I don't really think anything's changed with these, but I suspect they could also benefit from some form of diminishing returns.

Group complete Healing 10k Heal to Party ,    Group Massive Healing  960 heal to party   ,  Complete Healing Single 10k heal

then  for db its malice gets canceled  , Torment, Subside , Parasite, Surpiour parasite  .

sometimes it will take a few tries to get the skills to work  but sometimes it will end up causing  Death to party Members or us Priests  if we can not cast .

EDIT: i have noticed also that  archers 70 skill single arrow  can stop it all  

also i have noticed   Arrow Shower  Will Stop Heals   duffs  as well 

19 minutes ago, Built4CZ said:

Group complete Healing 10k Heal to Party ,    Group Massive Healing  960 heal to party   ,  Complete Healing Single 10k heal

then  for db its malice gets canceled  , Torment, Subside , Parasite, Surpiour parasite  .

sometimes it will take a few tries to get the skills to work  but sometimes it will end up causing  Death to party Members or us Priests  if we can not cast .

EDIT: i have noticed also that  archers 70 skill single arrow  can stop it all  

also i have noticed   Arrow Shower  Will Stop Heals   duffs  as well 

The way cancellations work is that its rate is dependent on the skill it's interrupting. Each skill has its own cancellation rate (which in turn allows you to stop certain skills from being interrupted, etc).

The damaging ability used to interrupt it is fairly irrelevant, unless it can hit repeatedly (e.g. arrow shower).

10 minutes ago, twostars said:

The way cancellations work is that its rate is dependent on the skill it's interrupting. Each skill has its own cancellation rate (which in turn allows you to stop certain skills from being interrupted, etc).

The damaging ability used to interrupt it is fairly irrelevant, unless it can hit repeatedly (e.g. arrow shower).

i understand, makes sense  .

On 10/11/2018 at 2:43 AM, twostars said:

In my case I've noticed group complete healing and torment skills get canceled a lot (again, maybe is because there is tons of archer shooting at you now) and that wasn't the case before, but I'm not talking about arrow shower, it makes sense such skill having a high cancellation rate.

I don't know too much about archer skills but I didn't exaggerate when I said "a single arrow across the map" will cancel your casting as a priest. So I think the skills with a long range also have a very high cancellation rate, try those in your tests (sorry I can't give specific names).

It's pretty common to find a battle these days where you're fighting multiple enemies and random(s) archer(s) just happen to spam arrows at you from the distance to prevent you from debuffing/healing. It's like annoying guerrilla tactic, they don't get any kills, but your party end up dyeing to others.

As stated, it doesn't matter which skill is used to interrupt. The only thing that influences the rate is the skill being interrupted; it has its own individual rate that isn't impacted by anything else.

In the case of group complete healing, it's a flat 20% rate (officially, as well).

The behaviour you're describing is very normal and intended gameplay.