Sign in to follow this  
lilorc6

Well Needed Suggestions

Official didnt add redpot, bluepot, duration pot, ibex, and undying scroll for fun they serve a purpose

The fact is players are too tanky as it is and these items will benefit the melee. kurians and mages already deal insane amount of magic dmg so they do not need this.

12 minutes ago, KissOfNeo said:

Ether way adding select items makes it unfair for others  and better for some .  Everyone looks  at there class they play and want it better so  a sin can tank a warrior party solo a mage can tank a sin party   as long as they win   they dont care..

This is classic apexko player mentality.. since u dont play sin you have no problem with them being insanely weak almost to the point of being useless, but if we think about nerfing ur main class (i assume is dot kurian) you would lose your mind. Force good players to play at ur level np

18 minutes ago, KissOfNeo said:

Everyone complains about light/ice   if going to reduce them  why not make blind skill able to be blocked  stealth on sins  half the time with a cool down so cant hide 99% of the time ( stupid yes  not good ideas ) But would work in everyone's favour but sins ..

????????

21 minutes ago, KissOfNeo said:

yes main sin damage fails to many times with a cool-down on it    shouldn't fail so much 

So you agree sins damage fail but giving them a buff is out of the question? K

Macro is not ingame feature so its realistic to try and get ridd of macro

and the reason we ask for ibex pots is to help the non macro players

anyway its pointless to argue this we are just going around in circles

We will have to wait and see what admins have to say about this

I am not blinded its just u that are not being objective, this will not benefit u as much as the others that actually need it.

If there was an item that would magically buff everyone equally it would still not solve anything, sins would still be weak

Also since u complain and talk as if macro is some sort of koxp id like to see you tank 2 mages or 2 wariors with it

2 hours ago, KissOfNeo said:

Ether way adding select items makes it unfair for others  and better for some .  Everyone looks  at there class they play and want it better so  a sin can tank a warrior party solo a mage can tank a sin party   as long as they win   they dont care..

First of all, no, this is not the case. Mage is broken. I'm a mage main, and I can whole heartedly say the class is broken. Anyone who says otherwise, plays in mage parties, simple as that.

Skill cancelling chance  is high it needs to be  determined as it were in the client originally i hope you also can address the  "excessive cancel rate. on priest heals  and  duffers 

3 minutes ago, KissOfNeo said:

mage was always broken     from day 1  basic  skills were missing to start.    Ones used in farm   now not farm not needed    hence why i quit my mage back in server 1 and never really log my mage now..

but all items wanting to add in game the scrolls pots so on will not fix the broken parts  just makes other classes stronger. 

Really is no reason to add pots so on when macros in game.   Yes look at the damage effect fail skills so on   but thats all thats needed .

Few of us have shown  over last couple months  every char can 1 v 1 others   it comes to the player ...

99% of ppl have complained how portu are so strong   and op  but   so far  i have had clean test vs with  mage  sin warrior archer   and all have managed to win in a vs without dying  both on a Decent set magic and str...

The items not needed  the chars need fixing broken things  and players need to learn to play  not rely on programs to think for them 

Dear god... im so afraid for the server and hope admins dont read what u write and think you have any idea what ur talking about

you are honestly talking out of ur ass

11 hours ago, BooRinG said:

Well all i can say is, that there already have been ALOT of posts about all of those things. The posts are eiter deleted, or never gets a respond from a admin / gm.. Like @twostars already did here, he did show his appearance yet not responding on any ideas, other than the ice/stun thing, which is a really small part of this post / list of suggestions. 

So well, you should really not expect anything, and there is nothing you can do about it. They do not care if you leave the server or not. They made clear earlier in some other bug report posts. 

The posts you're referring to are usually just like your one, which only serve to antagonise, not help. They're not productive in any way. Ordinarily I would have deleted this post as well so consider this a warning. Then there are others still have come up before and have been responded to in some fashion; I'm not going to respond to every single one of them.

As far as 'ignoring' the rest of the points made, all I can really personally say is that we do have plans to deal with most of that stuff once the server stabilises. Beyond that I felt there wasn't a whole lot I can really contribute to the thread, so it didn't feel worth responding to it all.

I will try though.

Events in general we have plans for, Ultima (and drains) I responded to in another thread regarding possibly putting a cooldown on the drained mob to prevent further drains for all players for a time.

Stun/slow rates are something talked about all over the place and we're specifically analysing this week (to see the exact situations people are complaining about). As far as those go, honestly they look fine - the couple of complaints that have given us a timeframe to see what they were referring to don't really show anything abnormal, typically like 2 consecutive stun hits amongst many, many, misses, with reasonably low rates (moreso when using resistances). It's a little early to say for sure, but I find it likely people mostly just have issues with the occasional consecutive stuns, which is where I feel implementing some form of short diminishing returns would help. As a whole, stun/slow rates look fine so far though - nothing really has an obnoxious rate or is being able to be spammed to force enough attempts to cause a problem.

There was, however, an issue reported with the slow debuff getting stuck in the client. While I doubt this was the case for others (not the case for the couple of checked reports at least), it doesn't really help things either. So I'll be looking into what caused that to not be removed correctly in the client.

" I can also say that level 18 solid skill has a stupid slow rate too. It practically works 100% of the time."

On that note: this statement is purely anecdotal. There's nothing wrong with the skill. I'd be interested in seeing your resistances, but even without any resistances the rate should be somewhere around 30%. RNG is RNG though, so naturally there's nothing stopping it from hitting multiple times in a row if it truly wants to.

We do have plans for Kurians in particular to be reworked. As far as mage damage (and resistances) goes, from memory that always matched official data but I'll verify resistances are still affecting damage correctly.

I am aware players have been abusing some things with archers that we've yet to perfectly fix, so I will be looking at trying to perfect that logic when I get the chance.

Nation Transfers are a fickle thing. Restrict it too much, things get unbalanced and GMs get called upon to try to correct. Reduce it to allow people to self-correct and people will abuse it.
Perhaps some sort've penalisation system for clans that do this would be a better approach, though that is also fairly difficult to enforce. Not much I can really say here; regardless of what we do, there will always be problems.

With regards to blue pots, I thought we used them; I recall adding support in their scripts, so I'm not sure what the go is there. Aesteris probably knows what's up with that.

2 hours ago, Built4CZ said:

Skill cancelling chance  is high it needs to be  determined as it were in the client originally i hope you also can address the  "excessive cancel rate. on priest heals  and  duffers 

This is something that keeps being stated but I also haven't been able to fault it either. It should be the same.

I think I'll have to add extra logs for these too, so I can see if anything looks off.

35 minutes ago, twostars said:

The posts you're referring to are usually just like your one, which only serve to antagonise, not help.

Tbh I just want answers like everyone else, and apparently my post helped to get one. 

After all, it is nice to hear that you are working on some solutions, and I cant wait to see them implanted.

BUT when that is said - WE DO STILL NEED SOME CONCRETE ANSWERS REGARDING THE UNDY/RED/BLUE/DURA POTS! This is the most important thing! I know that it may be @Aesteris department, to give us some info about that. But it just starts to feel ridiculous, as we never got  any concrete respons on it, even not from Melodys post/poll.. I am pretty sure im not speaking for myself when i say, its not enough to say "maybe we will test it someday" .. We would like to have some real info, like is it weeks, months, years or never?? 

3 hours ago, BooRinG said:

WE DO STILL NEED SOME CONCRETE ANSWERS REGARDING THE UNDY/RED/BLUE/DURA POTS

Well you answered that yourself, it’s been said we would never add these stuff. However times change and maybe in the future.

Right now they aren’t planned to be added in any way in any patch.

Simple answer.

27 minutes ago, Sierra said:

Well you answered that yourself, it’s been said we would never add these stuff. However times change and maybe in the future.

Right now they aren’t planned to be added in any way in any patch.

Simple answer.

the reason they weren't added it's because ppl was complain that it will be come like USKO -> Pay 2 Win.

It's been 3 months since I made the topic about Undy / 400 Ac / Duration / Red / Blue / Ibex / Crisis Potions.
and nothing has been made since then this is the main reason why I stop replaying or bother about new
feature.

Simple answer: just add those already on Sundries, And you will see the players reaction about it. This is the players WANTED!
The players want this changed more than ever. Players already on point where they want to Quit the Server already, Trust me on this.
And also I guess it takes no effort to do it this changed. but we never know usually you guys fix 1 ~ 2 Simple Things but causing another 4 ~ 5 Big Problems.
By Simple Things I mean not Important than the other 4 ~ 5 Big Problems that u caused..

As is it Now.
1) CZ chat isn't working for already more than 2 months.
2) Chaos "R" still not working for all players.
3) From the last patch also Instantly Magic keep failing also Blink, lots of time.
4) Also from the last patch more skills keep failing or their animation is too fast.

5) Also from the last patch [ changed hosts ] Lag Issues really bad. as for it now, I can go through trees / walls in CZ Lmao! [If u want come online and I show you]..

Those Problems need to be fixed really fast ASAP!

And AS TO LR & ICE PROBLEM, Me As A Mage Player - Commander.
Suggestions:
 Since Lots of Players already crying about the Stun / Ice problem, just put it at low rate for now.
Till you figure out what to do about it.

Before we will be left with no players in CZ / Server.

Edited by Melody

1 hour ago, Melody said:

By Simple Things I mean not Important than the other 4 ~ 5 Big Problems that u caused..

As is it Now.
1) CZ chat isn't working for already more than 2 months.

This should be fixed in the next restart.

1 hour ago, Melody said:

2) Chaos "R" still not working for all players.

I'll look into it. Last patch should have fixed it, unless you haven't attempted it since.

1 hour ago, Melody said:

3) From the last patch also Instantly Magic keep failing also Blink, lots of time.

Blink has always failed in that manner. It's a client thing. As for Instantly Magic, I'm unable to see anything wrong with it. It would help if someone were to clarify what the problem they were experiencing actually is.

1 hour ago, Melody said:

4) Also from the last patch more skills keep failing or their animation is too fast.

Cast animation time issues have always been a thing that happened 'randomly' regardless. This isn't new. As much as I'd love to fix it, it comes down to just not being able to consistently reproduce it. So at the end of the day, this is just one of those bugs that will take a while to make themselves apparent -- but as with the others, I have no doubt this will happen eventually.

If we can reproduce it, we can fix it. So it's just a matter of figuring out how we can get this to happen frequently enough to debug.

1 hour ago, Melody said:

5) Also from the last patch [ changed hosts ] Lag Issues really bad. as for it now, I can go through trees / walls in CZ Lmao! [If u want come online and I show you]..

No need. As I've repeatedly said in numerous places, we've purchased another server and we're waiting for them to provision it. Unfortunately, they're slow as hell, so all any of us can do is wait. Once we get the server we can immediately start shifting.

1 hour ago, Melody said:

Suggestions: Since Lots of Players already crying about the Stun / Ice problem, just put it at low rate for now.

We're not really in the habit of changing things solely because people complain about them. If we were, we would most certainly not have any players at all right now, trust *me* on this. :)
Rates are already very low. From what I've seen so far, changing the rates wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference, short of disabling stuns/slows altogether (i.e. making them 0%).
Rather, it appears people experience frustration when dealing with multiple consecutive stuns -- which isn't actually a problem of rates, but of RNG. The logs I've seen tend to show that it's working correctly: player with high resist will go a while missing pretty much everything, then occasionally be hit by 1 or 2 -- if it's 2+ in a reasonably short span, regardless of the fact every other stun over the last few (if not longer) minutes has missed, players will complain that the rates are 100%, which is entirely BS, but it does goes to show that they have no idea what they're actually complaining about.

And again, I completely get it -- being incapacitated with nothing you can do about it is frustrating. Having it happen a few times in a short span even moreso.

It doesn't, however, mean that the 'rate is 100% and should be reduced'. Which is why I'm thinking adding diminishing returns is the better approach here; whether it be a stacking rate modifier, or a stacking debuff duration modifier. Effectively this targets the real problem - the rate won't really change, but players won't be chain stunned in short windows (whether this should apply to slows in the same way I'm not sure, since slows you *can* do something about).

Either way, I have no intention of doing things JUST because people complain about them. We've had issues in the past with certain excessively vocal minorities trying to do this kind've thing, and we're not about it at all, so at the end of the day all decisions are our own, regardless of (apparent) community support. Which isn't to say we ignore it -- on the contrary, the feedback is very much appreciated and we always take it into consideration.

We just usually take a while to get things done, especially with whatever new fun issues of the week there are to deal with, so things end up getting dealt with reasonably slowly. Something I hope will change but either way, you guys know that we always get there eventually. We always do.

Edited by twostars

Thanks for the reply @twostars happy to see you guys will be on top of things. Obviously like I sad I know the host swap is a def priority right now. Either way I'd like to see what Aesteris has to say about most of this since I know hes the main one who handles in-game balance. 

Also @Melody I made a topic earlier reporting the blink bug. I'm not sure if it happens more often when used with instant magic or not, it probably does, but I've noticed it bugs out wayyy too often.

Edit : I know slows/stuns comes out to be RNG more than anything twoey but I can most certainly say that the lower ones *def* seem to be doing it more often. Maybe it's just pure RNG at this point but to me it feels that way. It's a difficult thing to test for sure.

4 minutes ago, lilorc6 said:

Edit : I know slows/stuns comes out to be RNG more than anything twoey but I can most certainly say that the lower ones *def* seem to be doing it more often. Maybe it's just pure RNG at this point but to me it feels that way. It's a difficult thing to test for sure.

They don't though. If you're talking about skills like 'solid', I tested this and they had comparatively lesser rates.

But to be sure, you can test these on live, give me a timeframe and the name of the character being stunned/slowed and I can go dig up the logs for them to verify. It's really quick to test; you don't even need to actually trigger the stun/slow. Just cast it once and I'll see the calculated rate for that skill + current related stats.

9 hours ago, Built4CZ said:

6 hours ago, twostars said:

This is something that keeps being stated but I also haven't been able to fault it either. It should be the same.

I think I'll have to add extra logs for these too, so I can see if anything looks off.

Test shooting arrows to a priest, that's it. I'll guaranty you will see the crazy cancellation rate. I can't say if this was the case all along (since we really didn't have archers parties in this server before they got massively buffed). But since that patch, all it takes for an archer is a single arrow from across the map to cancel a priest skill, consistently. 

3 hours ago, Nath said:

Test shooting arrows to a priest, that's it. I'll guaranty you will see the crazy cancellation rate. I can't say if this was the case all along (since we really didn't have archers parties in this server before they got massively buffed). But since that patch, all it takes for an archer is a single arrow from across the map to cancel a priest skill, consistently. 

when he makes the extra logs  he will be able to  find the root cause anyway incase it is more than  that :)

no need undy / duration / redpots or blue pots here sin / warrior already too overpowered classes... better boost mages damage more! fully geared sin can kill once at month 1mage "maybe" if dont get instant stun or spike dont do 300dmg instead 2k :P 

@Aesteris. What is possible projection for +21 Reb on server for weapon only? (Serious question) Dmg capacity is too low.

I know a lot of players will not like this idea. But realistically, the server is falling into the point like it was in the past with krowaz expansion was released and server slowly started dying out. We need a change of this calibur to fix this pk activity issue.

Edit 1:

Definite need for changes

1: Server dedicated for lag

2: ultima drainer issue

3: FT/BDW/ Events needs revamping and fixing. (how soon is halloween event? this can be used to capitalize on this and fix others in future patch notes)

4: Testing phase : IBex/crisis/duration/undy/red/blue pot

5: Future progression for anvil +10 REb weapons.

Will continue to modify this.

Edited by IIIAmJohnWick