Sign in to follow this  
lilorc6

Well Needed Suggestions

First off before we get into this topic I'm well aware not everyone is going to agree. I'm well aware that people are going to hate and think that some of what I'm about to say is horse shit. For those that don't know me, I've been around the KO private server scene since 2008. Ive lead MyNameIs since 2009 and was apart of many PK servers. I helped twostars and Aesteris on ApexKO Farm beta/official  with balancing things and finding various bugs/glitches in-game at the time. The things I'm about to go over with you guys in this topic is suggestions that myself and others have been talking about over the past few days. We feel that these changes would help out the server a lot. Some of them are honestly very well needed.

Events

Forgotten Temple - This event is basically pointless. Blue / Green Treasure chest is essentially useless now apart from maybe Hanguk Sword / Scorpion side. Very very very few people go to FT. This is an event I used to love doing back in the day. The reward for winning it should be a tears that expires after 24 hours or something. Maybe even more than 1 chest, increase the chest reward to 3 or higher, and make a custom achievement to give a small boost in stats for a certain amount of wins.

Chaos - This is another event that is fun. Once again the reward system is trash with it as well. I don't really have much of an idea of what you could do to increase the amount of people joining it. Theres already free tears if you complete chaos enough times. I think the problem is there needs to be more wing rewards for it. Once again like FT, you could make custom achievements to give a small boost in stats for a certain amount of wins.

Ultima Event - This event is literally made for rogues currently. Please remove the damn drain effect on it. The same thing applies to Felankor. Rogues get the drops on these bosses almost every single time. I also think it is a horrible idea having Ultima be one of the main sources of farming items here. You have all these clans stacking on one nation to farm ultima easier. 

BDW - BDW on here is one of the sloppiest events you guys have. Literally 8/10 times you will go in, people will die one time, and they will leave. I suggest removing the ability to leave BDW without paying a price. The problem is if you remove the NPC people can just close the client out. Either way, if they leave BDW so soon, they should have a penalty of losing NP's or something. I can understand allowing them to leave 10-15 minutes into it, but I've been in so many parties where we could of won and the dudes die one time, rage, and leave. Not to mention the gear difference makes such a huge difference too in 8v8. I feel like it'd be a good idea to put gear dispensers or something inside BDW that only let you use that gear during BDW, or it automatically gets removed after BDW ends. Currently BDW is way too much RNG of getting teammates who actually have a brain or who actually have "ok" gear. 

Juraid - Juraid isnt THAT bad except for once again it's extremely RNG. Why is it RNG? Because if your party doesn't have mostly warriors than you are guaranteed to lose REGARDLESS if you could of beat them at Deva. Why is this? Because deva dies too damn fast! The HP needs increased. The HP it has now would work on a server with +8/+0 but Apex is +9/+3. It literally DIES too fast. Sometimes I've been in a party, we are moving so damn fast. I blink to TP my party ahead as fast as possible and we STILL lose because Deva just simply dies too damn fast when we probably could of won at the deva room.

Class Balance

Mages - Please don't even get me started on how ridiculously broken mages are here. As a person who has played mage since 2007, I can whole heartedly say that on ApexKO mage damage is the HIGHEST out of ANY server I've played. It makes NO sense that mages are dropping 3 to 4.5k novas. A lighting mage should be novaing 1.3 to 1.5k max, a fire mage should nova 2 to 2.5k max and a ice mage should nova slightly higher than a lightning mage. I know every single "mage main" (aka the 1 2 3 GO CLICK NOVA SUCH SKILL MUCH WOW) will be completely against me saying that mages are broken. It's not even just the novas either. The fucking 80 / 70 fire skill hits SO damn hard. It should be hitting 1.2k MAX. I took starter mage gear and was dropping near 3k novas, hitting 2.5k with 80 fire skill, and spamming almost 1.3k+ with fire staff... completely ridiculous. I can also say that level 18 solid skill has a stupid slow rate too. It practically works 100% of the time. So yes, as a TRUE MAGE MAIN I can say the class is broken. Keep in mind a lot of people have high resistances, and STILL get hit hard as hell.

Warriors - Don't think I wasn't gonna say something about how broken warriors are too. Warriors spam almost 1.5k. 1.5K GUYS. THAT IS RIDICULOUS. They are the tankiest class, have insane HP, and spam 1.5k+ with the top gear. I don't know about you but if that doesn't scream broken, what does?

Priest - Poor BP's. Poor poor bps. Completely useless here. You are losing out on a lot of players by making one class essentially useless. I'm not that experienced of a BP player but I can whole heartedly say that if you don't have full +9 or higher/+3 you ain't gonna do shit here. What happened to the days when BP's could actually do shit by using a sword or hell breaker instead of having to use x2 leonards +11...

Archers - Archers are right on par with being as broken as mages. Getting hit 1k+ spam with 70 skill, 3 to 4K+ with power shot/blind shot AND you can arrow shower spam. Yeah, completely broken.

Kurians - Delete them from the game. Just joking, but their dot damage is completely stupid too. I don't have much to say on how you could balance these but they dot for TONS of damage. 2 or 3 kurians can practically dot kill 6+ people easily.

General Stuff

Nation Transfer - This is something that NEEDS CHANGED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I'M SOOO over seeing the same clans hop back and forth. Please increase the damn cooldown to 1 week+ or charge more for doing it. I'm not naming any names but they know who they are. The same clans stack on one nation constantly. They literally do it so they can get items and nps easier. That's the exact reason they do it. 

Farming - Currently the only thing to farm is coins and bus in CZ. Please consider adding other locations in CZ to farm for stuff. I don't know how everyone would feel about this, but I think having some things drop at +1 to be upgraded would not be a bad thing. Literally this servers farm concept is exchange shit, and kill ultima. Thats basically it. It's really tough for new players to get anywhere with how hard the anvil rates are. Giving more options to get stuff is never a bad thing, regardless if you make it difficult to obtain or not. 

Wars - Please add blue pots for support classes. Why is there red pots but no blue pots...?

In all honesty the server isn't in HORRIBLE shape but theres a lot of things that should be improved. I will update this topic overtime if I think of anything else. Other people feel free to add to it.

1 hour ago, lilorc6 said:

Archers - Archers are right on par with being as broken as mages. Getting hit 1k+ spam with 70 skill, 3 to 4K+ with power shot/blind shot AND you can arrow shower spam. Yeah, completely broken.

Noway power shot does such damage unless the target is maliced. Normally it's 1800-2300 on rogues. Lil bit more on mages. Archers with +4k AP could deal 2.5 -3k and to get that much AP you'd need Azagai +11 which is pretty rare. Now imagine the damage on warriors and priests. It'd be like tickling them. Archers can't do R damage and they spam slower compared to other classes so 70 skill dealing 1k is no big deal really. Don't get me started how players slide against arrow shower. I believe Archers fine so I disagree.

Edited by red123

Class Balance

Mages - Please don't even get me started on how ridiculously broken mages are here. As a person who has played mage since 2007, I can whole heartedly say that on ApexKO mage damage is the HIGHEST out of ANY server I've played. It makes NO sense that mages are dropping 3 to 4.5k novas. A lighting mage should be novaing 1.3 to 1.5k max, a fire mage should nova 2 to 2.5k max and a ice mage should nova slightly higher than a lightning mage. I know every single "mage main" (aka the 1 2 3 GO CLICK NOVA SUCH SKILL MUCH WOW) will be completely against me saying that mages are broken. It's not even just the novas either. The fucking 80 / 70 fire skill hits SO damn hard. It should be hitting 1.2k MAX. I took starter mage gear and was dropping near 3k novas, hitting 2.5k with 80 fire skill, and spamming almost 1.3k+ with fire staff... completely ridiculous. I can also say that level 18 solid skill has a stupid slow rate too. It practically works 100% of the time. So yes, as a TRUE MAGE MAIN I can say the class is broken. Keep in mind a lot of people have high resistances, and STILL get hit hard as hell.

3-4.5k novas....what? :o

Class Balance

Agreed. Stuns&Slows are way to overpowered. And the damage is to overpowered for ApexKO but if it was Usko with Red Pots & Undy Scrolls & Duration Pots then it was balanced!

But not good idea to nerf mages because mage players in ApexKO are those 1 2 3 Click players and if they can't 1 shot people with nova they will uninstall. Why do they uninstall? Because they can't follow targets & switching items on melee class so it's to much work for them so yeah. Kinda sad. And if you see how they play support mage there is no comment left either.

Warriors - Don't think I wasn't gonna say something about how broken warriors are too. Warriors spam almost 1.5k. 1.5K GUYS. THAT IS RIDICULOUS. They are the tankiest class, have insane HP, and spam 1.5k+ with the top gear. I don't know about you but if that doesn't scream broken, what does?

Literally an useless class *Warrior* for sure it's easy to play not gonna lie about this still kinda hilarious to see it's to hard for most of the people but k xD.

What does warrior have besides a close range cry echo attack??? Nothing yeah some aoe's which makes a fail hit of 20 most of the times.

So easy to avoid warriors and even tho you get in range you just put a shield on and he won't hit you for anything. Me as warrior player go on full def build those warriors hitting me 400-500 while a mage is smacking 1.6k damage on me from far away xd. And you can't even pk solo you need a Rogue or Priest to go out of base. Cuz the class don't have Cure, Heal, Stealth , Lightfeet, Blinks.

And have way to much counter items against warriors for example almost every unique & shield have warrior defensive. All Rogues in server walking around with Sherion+14rev so warriors with wirinoms are kinda useless against them.

Class needs alot of support else it can't do shit and all you need are retarded enemies who don't know how to play this game then warrior is op.

and 1.5K is pretty much bullshit i hit 1300 On a full starter sin without shield on while i am fully gear.

So i do not agree with that warrior is op but just fucking useless in apexko compared to turkish Pvp servers and Usko!

PS: It should be normal if you go close to a Warrior/Juggernaut in any game you will die fastly if you don't watchout! But in ApexKO that's not the case cuz everyone is on 11/3 way to tanky.

But yeah aswell to easy to outplay because warrior class is to basic.

Priest - Poor BP's. Poor poor bps. Completely useless here. You are losing out on a lot of players by making one class essentially useless. I'm not that experienced of a BP player but I can whole heartedly say that if you don't have full +9 or higher/+3 you ain't gonna do shit here. What happened to the days when BP's could actually do shit by using a sword or hell breaker instead of having to use x2 leonards +11...

Not even want to talk about BP'S cuz they always been useless just in the past people were retarded and that's why they were OP. It has no lightfeet, no descent, no jump, really squishy #Useless!

So you will never catch anyone cuz it's an useless class it should be only supportive! And by giving debuffs to people means you are actually damaging them!

The people you kill as BP are those idiots who 1vs1 you with massive like a 2005 warrior player.

I mean they are not overpowered on damage but the Lightning Arrow & Ice Arrow is like 100% every Ice/Light arrow i get means im slowed/stunned for the rest they are just annoying as fuck shooting at you while ur fighting 8vs8 another party. But they should fix this Stun/Ice rate on those arrows!

Kurians - Delete them from the game. Just joking, but their dot damage is completely stupid too. I don't have much to say on how you could balance these but they dot for TONS of damage. 2 or 3 kurians can practically dot kill 6+ people easily.

Actually it isn't a joke to delete them it should happen. Fucking retarded class i hate this class the most out of all spamming always this retarded dots on me it's like 2k in a second. Way to tanky, Way to much damage, And you can't even counter it no matter which item you use you will just die.

Sin:

The most weakest class in ApexKO full fail hits, low cp lucky, no duration pots, always getting stunned and slowed and end up towning/dieing cuz don't have jumps and is way to squishy.

lilorc6, 6 saat önce yazdı:

Yes, mages nova for that amount of damage. Are you part of a mage clan by any chance?

lol have u ever seen a nova damage around this amounts 2-2.5k uh? i have all mage items and my meteor is hitting max 1.3k-1.4k damage. let's do a simple math operation; the max. nova damage is 1.4k and 1x mage party has 7 mage: 1.4k(it'is so hard)x7=9,8k damage :)  a warrior or priest has minimum 12k hp, so how come u call ''it is highest damage''. Yes the magicians can hit 2.5k damage with 80 skills to only full ap rogue when they are full ap without any resist. In additional the absolute power skill and minor resist is not working also. You did not mention a major subject about mage, this is lr ice stun. This is really much. Damages are normal but lr and ice stun is highest.

4 hours ago, Krischeriko said:

lol have u ever seen a nova damage around this amounts 2-2.5k uh? i have all mage items and my meteor is hitting max 1.3k-1.4k damage. let's do a simple math operation; the max. nova damage is 1.4k and 1x mage party has 7 mage: 1.4k(it'is so hard)x7=9,8k damage :)  a warrior or priest has minimum 12k hp, so how come u call ''it is highest damage''. Yes the magicians can hit 2.5k damage with 80 skills to only full ap rogue when they are full ap without any resist. In additional the absolute power skill and minor resist is not working also. You did not mention a major subject about mage, this is lr ice stun. This is really much. Damages are normal but lr and ice stun is highest.

This.

Solo mages are not a problem. Aside from the questionable stun/ice rate, but let's not get into that.

People seem to have a problem with coordinated mage teams. In all fairness, a team of any class, coordinated and operating on TS or Discord, can do equally as much damage. I've been in coordinated mage parties most of my time in KO and I can guarantee a coordinated melee team would wipe out mages any day of the week.

People play with random parties and expect to perform on the same level as parties operating on TS and Discord. Odds are, these coordinated teams have probably also been playing together for years, and so know each other's playing styles, inside and out.

For mages to hit this kind of damage they need to be full mp which means seriously low hp, to the point an assassin could one hit with CP and a warrior could 2 hit.

From what I see people seem to run straight at mages with no real tactics hoping for the best. Ultimately, try harder. For example, warriors have descent, use your assassins to get close and descent on to them. The amount of warriors I see that don't seem to even have descent on their skill bar...it's crazy.

7 hours ago, Krischeriko said:

Yes the magicians can hit 2.5k damage with 80 skills to only full ap rogue when they are full ap without any resist. In additional the absolute power skill and minor resist is not working also. You did not mention a major subject about mage, this is lr ice stun. This is really much. Damages are normal but lr and ice stun is highest.

You do really forget, that resists DOES NOT WORK AS INTENDED. No matter how much resist you have the dammage is still the same, aswell as the stun/slow rates.

16 hours ago, YouGotPwndByMyAss said:

Sin:

The most weakest class in ApexKO full fail hits, low cp lucky, no duration pots, always getting stunned and slowed and end up towning/dieing cuz don't have jumps and is way to squishy.

Thanks for mentioning it. All the clases in this post are considered "OP" at some kind, execpt of sins. Nothing more to add.

44 minutes ago, BooRinG said:

You do really forget, that resists DOES NOT WORK AS INTENDED. No matter how much resist you have the dammage is still the same, aswell as the stun/slow rates.

People seem to think that getting some resistance gear means they should never be stunned/slowed. It reduces the rate, but there's always a chance.

By design the rates are intended to be less effective the lower their skill's level is (i.e. 'solid' being as effective as it is -- but note: it's not in fact 100%. With no resistances, it was only ~35% for me when testing)., however I suspect with mgame's changes that's not playing into it as well as it used to, so it's something I will look at to be sure. Obviously, with more available attempts (coupled with mage parties) the chance for a skill to stun/slow you is increased, but again - resistances (ice resistance for slows, lightning resistance for stuns) do help out a lot more than people realise.

Crippling the lower level skills that can stun/slow you should help rectify this (as it appears that this plays into it somewhat), but we'll add some logging in the next restart & eventually sift through the stun/slow data at the end of the week to be sure that's where people's complaints really lie.

Complaining that resistances are broken (they're not) or the stun/slow rate is just 100% (again, it's not) doesn't help anyone. Instead, making special note of which circumstances lead to being slowed/stunned helps to actually pinpoint the root of the complaints (mage party involved? how much resistances did you actually have? any skills in particular or are we just talking about novas? etc).

Naturally, as there's not really been any sufficient reports on it thus far, from our end it all seems fine (algorithms match official, data matches official, individual stun/slow rates match rates we've obtained from official testing), hence our lack of action regarding it. So instead, as said, we'll be collecting this data for ourselves to be sure.

mgame really doesn't use any sort of internal cooldown or diminishing returns system for these things, so if the rates work on an individual basis (which they thus far appear to), it should be fine (at least, as compared to the official server).
I have considered implementing some sort of diminishing returns on them though, but again that would be unofficial - rates should be behaving exactly the same on USKO as they do here, so I don't really see the reason for the complaints. How many of you actually play USKO? If it's working differently there, I'd very much like to see evidence of that, because it all matches up perfectly with ours.

warrior aoe's are super strong if used correctly. ofc not as strong as on other servers but we tested it ourselfs and it does plenty of dmg. - the range sucks tho

i do want to see that 4k dmg from mage :) 

buf sin.

Edited by Chayni

4 hours ago, Chayni said:

warrior aoe's are super strong if used correctly. ofc not as strong as on other servers but we tested it ourselfs and it does plenty of dmg. - the range sucks tho

i do want to see that 4k dmg from mage :) 

buf sin.

lol 4k damage on a non undy server T_T thats 2 novas a mage = 8k x 6 mages let alone 7? 

can we get rid of pt tp scroll in csw mages are regrouping so fast and with so much damage its a crazy

9 hours ago, twostars said:

People seem to think that getting some resistance gear means they should never be stunned/slowed. It reduces the rate, but there's always a chance.

By design the rates are intended to be less effective the lower their skill's level is (i.e. 'solid' being as effective as it is -- but note: it's not in fact 100%. With no resistances, it was only ~35% for me when testing)., however I suspect with mgame's changes that's not playing into it as well as it used to, so it's something I will look at to be sure. Obviously, with more available attempts (coupled with mage parties) the chance for a skill to stun/slow you is increased, but again - resistances (ice resistance for slows, lightning resistance for stuns) do help out a lot more than people realise.

Crippling the lower level skills that can stun/slow you should help rectify this (as it appears that this plays into it somewhat), but we'll add some logging in the next restart & eventually sift through the stun/slow data at the end of the week to be sure that's where people's complaints really lie.

Complaining that resistances are broken (they're not) or the stun/slow rate is just 100% (again, it's not) doesn't help anyone. Instead, making special note of which circumstances lead to being slowed/stunned helps to actually pinpoint the root of the complaints (mage party involved? how much resistances did you actually have? any skills in particular or are we just talking about novas? etc).

Naturally, as there's not really been any sufficient reports on it thus far, from our end it all seems fine (algorithms match official, data matches official, individual stun/slow rates match rates we've obtained from official testing), hence our lack of action regarding it. So instead, as said, we'll be collecting this data for ourselves to be sure.

mgame really doesn't use any sort of internal cooldown or diminishing returns system for these things, so if the rates work on an individual basis (which they thus far appear to), it should be fine (at least, as compared to the official server).
I have considered implementing some sort of diminishing returns on them though, but again that would be unofficial - rates should be behaving exactly the same on USKO as they do here, so I don't really see the reason for the complaints. How many of you actually play USKO? If it's working differently there, I'd very much like to see evidence of that, because it all matches up perfectly with ours.

It honestly seems like a lot of the lower level skills have always stunned/slowed more than the higher ones. That has been the case for various servers I've played on, including official KO. Solid/Frostbite are the key slowing spells, and they key stunning spells apart from the lightning novas are lightning, counter spell, charge, and thunder. These seems to have a better stun rate than stun cloud which is a level 70 skill. 

Also for everyone disagreeing with what I said about mage damages, please, you're completely in denial and most likely part of the mage clans. You know damn well fire mage novas are ridiculous on here. I also suggest removing the ability to use TS during war times. This is another broken feature that should be disabled. If you're wondering why twoey, TS gives mages the ability to cast spells 2 or 3 times faster since it literally cancels animation. (Same thing applies to priests) I also suggest adding a small cooldown to TP scrolls or increasing the price of TP scrolls in Sundries. Nobody even cares about having mages in war because you can simply use tp scrolls constantly lmao. If you want video evidence twoey of how much faster TS is compared to normal casting, you'll understand why this should be disabled. It's basically like tbling lmfao. Sure its an official feature, but it completely breaks wars and gives priests/mages a much faster cast rate.

But yeah honestly please, just stop being in denial. You guys know damn well mage parties are ridiculously overpowered here. I'm a mage main and I'd be ashamed to play mage parties with how broken they are. 

On 10/6/2018 at 2:07 PM, lilorc6 said:

u dont have much to say cos u dont know anything about kurian class, on this server are edited long ago...
- on usko kurian 83 got 240 of stamina power / here on apexko we got 120 of stamina enought to use x3 skills only
- on usko spells stack and you can spam the same skill / here on apexko spells cant stack anymore if another kurian user use spell delete the first spell dmg ( 2 or 3 kurian dot cant stack dmg anymore )
- Transformation Power and absorption capacity are too weak... is too easy kill DOT kurians cos are like mages
- Transformation Coldown are every 5 Fvcking minuts...  as i was saying transformation are too weak and get shut down easy by x5 - x7 hits.

if all this is not enough for you should consider returning to old myko vertions.

agree...  something to add They have an exessive range making impossible the escape of his spam atacks (macro), slide or another tactics not work here. By the way the exessive rank can help hide some cheaters... some users can hit with x5 range and use x5 descent range justifying the cheat with the lag.

now u need more int to get dmg :D

its ok for me, just need readjust the stun rate and slow rate cos are too high... more than mage rates

its ok for me, just need readjust the stun and slow rate cos are more high than mage rates

Edited by g1r0

BooRinG, 15 saat önce yazdı:

Thanks for mentioning it. All the clases in this post are considered "OP" at some kind, execpt of sins. Nothing more to add.

The resist is working. If you want to test it, pm: aronmage. We can try 

Mages seriously need to get nerfed. the damage output is insane.

Stun rate needs major reduction. even if its exactly like USKO. why is it that other classes are modified to be crippled in comparison? Sins most certainly are not usko equivalent for example.

I will post mage dmg output on my sin and post here.

Edited by IIIAmJohnWick