Sign in to follow this  
DRAKOOOOOOOOO

SERVER LAGGGGGG LAGGGGG

the interesting thing for me really, any large scale things like lunar war/invade or lots of people in bowl with felanko/ultima makes me lag...as well as half my clan. Sure I live in australia but thats packet loss and lag spikes, they dont happen when there are not many people in the bowl so its a little frustrating to deal with lag constantly and have to log out because too many people causes lag spikes/packet loss

1 hour ago, Insomniac said:

the interesting thing for me really, any large scale things like lunar war/invade or lots of people in bowl with felanko/ultima makes me lag...as well as half my clan. Sure I live in australia but thats packet loss and lag spikes, they dont happen when there are not many people in the bowl so its a little frustrating to deal with lag constantly and have to log out because too many people causes lag spikes/packet loss

same for me, this didn't happen before.

4 hours ago, Sierra said:

I’m assuming you’re from South America somewhere? If so you have to take into consideration that you’re very far from the server. 😕

I'm sure you can do better than this.

@Insomniac described what the issue is very well. And yes, this wasn't as horrible before as it is now.
Time to scale up the server or diagnose the issue properly to check what's causing the lag spikes when many people gather in the same area.

Without me knowing any specifics about the server/provider all i can say is i don’t have any lag what so ever, no packet loss and the same ping everywhere. That should rule out the servers capacity and it’s probably something else along the way.

I know it sucks and we are trying to figure out why it’s worse than before for countries far away, or at least how we can make it better.

10 hours ago, Sierra said:

I’m assuming you’re from South America somewhere? If so you have to take into consideration that you’re very far from the server. 😕

800-1000 km from server location and i have same lag at utc and boss war

15 minutes ago, ImmortalOne said:

800-1000 km from server location and i have same lag at utc and boss war

Speedtest doesn't tell anything about your connection to the server. However i'm in Sweden and i have absolutely no lag, ever (even further away than Poland). It's a weird thing indeed.

11 hours ago, Nath said:

I'm sure you can do better than this.

@Insomniac described what the issue is very well. And yes, this wasn't as horrible before as it is now.
Time to scale up the server or diagnose the issue properly to check what's causing the lag spikes when many people gather in the same area.

ANTES NO ERA ASI EL SERVER :::: 

The traceroutes I've seen have all shown routing issues to our current provider, though not directly anything to do with them, randomly spiking from ~80ms to ~1,400ms. This means it's possible that other providers we go with could suffer the same issues.

With recent patches we've improved behaviour in high traffic areas (not perfect, but it's definitely an improvement), which more or less leaves us with the extremely troubling routing issues. We're in the process of looking at other providers that (hopefully) shouldn't route through these problematic nodes.

Personally I'm still hopeful they'll be fixed before we settle on something, but so far no such luck.

Thanks for looking into the issue in depth.
At today's war I didn't lag as much as on the previous ones, neither in bowl after, but I reckon there wasn't that many players online nor that many mages nova'ing.

PS. Can we do something to keep some sort of nation balance in the server? It seems like it can't never be even, no matter what. Clans NT'ing so much.