Jump to content
  • Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

    You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
JeanClaudeVanDamme

Descent bug since Halloween Patch.

Recommended Posts

To be clear, it's difficult for me to see what you're pointing out with the video precisely. You're just referring to the delay after using Descent, right?

If that's the case, I don't think it was introduced by the patch exactly; I think you're just lagging more connection-wise and/or rendering wise because there's more players + NPCs/monsters for it to load than usual (even just because of the extra pumpkins maybe).

It's realistically no different to normal. Nothing changed relevant to warping/Descent that would affect that; it's the same as it is officially.

Having said that, there are some unofficial optimisations we can make for when warps are nearby which should help alleviate this.

Officially, when you're warped, it will reload all players + NPCs/monsters and all accompanying data (like merchants, etc). Reloading this sends a ton of data to the client (which may take a bit to receive if your connection is slow) it needs to process and forces the client to reload and re-render entities that it probably already knew about (which can be slow, especially for older PCs).

When you're warping to the same region or an adjacent region (maps are broken up into regions), there's realistically no need for a full reload. It should behave the same as simply walking there, i.e. remove only those who left range and introduce those who are now in it. However, we're doing a full reload regardless.

Right now this is required because the client is expecting this to happen, so it is removing all players + NPCs/monsters. So I'll be playing around with this to try and stop it from doing that, so we can handle it as-needed on the server's side; be it not needing to send any new data [same region], making minor changes when entering adjacent regions, or a full reload [further than adjacent regions].

I think that will help. I'm still unclear as to why this is an issue right now (as opposed to before), but my best guess - as above - is lag on your end. I'd be curious to know who exactly's experiencing this and what their PCs/connections are like, as well as where they're from. I'd wager those having issues have lower end PCs or terrible lag to our server.

13 hours ago, Roxas said:

Even on a sin, I'm getting descented back constantly while running... This needs to be fixed =/

This particularly indicates terrible connection lag, and a different issue entirely. I'd need a character name to check it out though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This absolutely has to be something to do with the patch.

Nobody was complaining as decent was working fine before. but now since that halloween patch. warriors are complaining & it's not just a select few. I can't see it being just a coincidence that as soon as the halloween patch was released. warriors started to have problems with decent that previously weren't there. There has to be some sort of connection between the two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BulletClub said:

This absolutely has to be something to do with the patch.

Nobody was complaining as decent was working fine before. but now since that halloween patch. warriors are complaining & it's not just a select few. I can't see it being just a coincidence that as soon as the halloween patch was released. warriors started to have problems with decent that previously weren't there. There has to be some sort of connection between the two

Unless you have a better theory, I already pointed out a probable connection:

1 hour ago, twostars said:

If that's the case, I don't think it was introduced by the patch exactly; I think you're just lagging more connection-wise and/or rendering wise because there's more players + NPCs/monsters for it to load than usual (even just because of the extra pumpkins maybe).

Who exactly is having this issue? Where are they from? What are their connections / PCs like?

I'm not ruling out that the patch is involved (in fact I even stated that the extra spawns from the pumpkins etc are probably what's contributing to it), but I can only go by what I know / can find out for sure. And what I do know is more spawns (from Halloween patch) = more to reload = slower render times (in addition to the delay from actually having to download all this data). Which is evident for those with less capable PCs and/or slower connections to our server.

Additionally, as above, I've acknowledged that this official behaviour (reloading everything) is also unnecessary for a great deal of the time, so we can look to flat out remove that in these situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

usa. turkey. brazil.  one from germany. and a chinese dude 

Turkish guys play on regular dektops. usa plays on a laptop. no idea about the fella from germany or the chinese guy.

I don't play warrior. I'm just echoing the many complaints since the patch. I'll send them here to elaborate or give more information if I can

Edited by BulletClub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twostars said:

To be clear, it's difficult for me to see what you're pointing out with the video precisely. You're just referring to the delay after using Descent, right?

If that's the case, I don't think it was introduced by the patch exactly; I think you're just lagging more connection-wise and/or rendering wise because there's more players + NPCs/monsters for it to load than usual (even just because of the extra pumpkins maybe).

It's realistically no different to normal. Nothing changed relevant to warping/Descent that would affect that; it's the same as it is officially.

Having said that, there are some unofficial optimisations we can make for when warps are nearby which should help alleviate this.

Officially, when you're warped, it will reload all players + NPCs/monsters and all accompanying data (like merchants, etc). Reloading this sends a ton of data to the client (which may take a bit to receive if your connection is slow) it needs to process and forces the client to reload and re-render entities that it probably already knew about (which can be slow, especially for older PCs).

When you're warping to the same region or an adjacent region (maps are broken up into regions), there's realistically no need for a full reload. It should behave the same as simply walking there, i.e. remove only those who left range and introduce those who are now in it. However, we're doing a full reload regardless.

Right now this is required because the client is expecting this to happen, so it is removing all players + NPCs/monsters. So I'll be playing around with this to try and stop it from doing that, so we can handle it as-needed on the server's side; be it not needing to send any new data [same region], making minor changes when entering adjacent regions, or a full reload [further than adjacent regions].

I think that will help. I'm still unclear as to why this is an issue right now (as opposed to before), but my best guess - as above - is lag on your end. I'd be curious to know who exactly's experiencing this and what their PCs/connections are like, as well as where they're from. I'd wager those having issues have lower end PCs or terrible lag to our server.

This particularly indicates terrible connection lag, and a different issue entirely. I'd need a character name to check it out though.

Idk since halloween patch i always have this.

i have to say in csw it worked fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kairi said:

Idk since halloween patch i always have this.

i have to say in csw it worked fine.

So you're saying it's laggy in CZ, where there's a ton of monsters (especially pumpkins, now), but not in CSW where it's pretty much the same as it's always been.

That reaffirms what I already suspected; your PC and/or connection is struggling because of the extra spawns (players and monsters).

I'm in the process of patching in these optimisations at the moment which should fix this.

Note that there's nothing special about this behaviour with ApexKO. It should be the same on USKO; worse even, because it's probably more populated. So perhaps that's where connection lag comes in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twostars said:

So you're saying it's laggy in CZ, where there's a ton of monsters (especially pumpkins, now), but not in CSW where it's pretty much the same as it's always been.

That reaffirms what I already suspected; your PC and/or connection is struggling because of the extra spawns (players and monsters).

I'm in the process of patching in these optimisations at the moment which should fix this.

Note that there's nothing special about this behaviour with ApexKO. It should be the same on USKO; worse even, because it's probably more populated. So perhaps that's where connection lag comes in.

So i guess i have to wait when this event finish? Because before the halloween patch if i descent on Tuke i can insta attack with him and also when i was pking with people on ts we had a mage OoooMETALoooO in our party and everytime she tped some1 people in ts complained about same issue i have so it’s also with tp   

Edit: Sorry for my bad english:(

Edited by Kairi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For now, yes. It MOST LIKELY won't be fixed until the Halloween event's over anyway. We need to test changes and if all is well, it'll be released the same day the Halloween event is over. :)

EDIT: The issue is the same for teleports. All warp behaviour acts the same.

Note that there's not a lot I can do about warps if they're from far away. They will still lag if your PC/connection can't handle it.
What we're fixing is the need to reload all player/NPC data if we're warped either to the same area or to an area very close by. In these situations (which should pretty much always be the case for things like Descent) there should be no delay at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, twostars said:

For now, yes. It MOST LIKELY won't be fixed until the Halloween event's over anyway. We need to test changes and if all is well, it'll be released the same day the Halloween event is over. :)

I’ll try make the best of it. Thanks for answer my topic^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're almost finished with this. We ended up optimising even more than originally intended; movement (and respawning) also behaved in a similar same way. When crossing into adjacent regions, rather than removing players/NPCs/monsters that were out of range, and showing those that are now in range... it also performed a full reload. Likewise for respawning.

This means we've been able to speed things up quite a lot more than we set out to. It should be a lot smoother, especially in areas like the CZ bowl.

Tests have been pretty positive so far, so right now we're mainly just looking into a potential (separate but similar) issue with warps (edit: which is now fixed) and fingers crossed, it should be good to go in the patch tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, twostars said:

We're almost finished with this. We ended up optimising even more than originally intended; movement (and respawning) also behaved in a similar same way. When crossing into adjacent regions, rather than removing players/NPCs/monsters that were out of range, and showing those that are now in range... it also performed a full reload. Likewise for respawning.

This means we've been able to speed things up quite a lot more than we set out to. It should be a lot smoother, especially in areas like the CZ bowl.

Tests have been pretty positive so far, so right now we're mainly just looking into a potential (separate but similar) issue with warps (edit: which is now fixed) and fingers crossed, it should be good to go in the patch tomorrow.

Good! I’m happy u made work from this thank you very much TwoStars:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been having this issue for more than a year. My chars getting jumped back while running and decent is very laggy so most of the time descenting is impossible to reach the enemy and use skils. So any suggestion how to fix this? I don't have a fast net/PC though. Must I change hardware?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Marshmallow said:

I've been having this issue for more than a year. My chars getting jumped back while running and decent is very laggy so most of the time descenting is impossible to reach the enemy and use skils. So any suggestion how to fix this? I don't have a fast net/PC though. Must I change hardware?

We're working on improving stuff that concern warping and moving around in general, hopefully we'll be able to provide a better experience for users with older/slower hardware when that's done. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1-11-2017 at 9:30 AM, twostars said:

So you're saying it's laggy in CZ, where there's a ton of monsters (especially pumpkins, now), but not in CSW where it's pretty much the same as it's always been.

That reaffirms what I already suspected; your PC and/or connection is struggling because of the extra spawns (players and monsters).

I'm in the process of patching in these optimisations at the moment which should fix this.

Note that there's nothing special about this behaviour with ApexKO. It should be the same on USKO; worse even, because it's probably more populated. So perhaps that's where connection lag comes in.

What also work is delete mobs like Stone Golems,Trolls, HobGoblins,Undying,Keramash,Nigmash,Medikmash mastodon :D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's smooth for me now. Thanks for fixing it. I can't believe I coped with that shit for a year and half.

P.S. Magpie Transformation Scroll and Meat Dumpling can't be used together. Fix pls.

Edited by Marshmallow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×