15/11/2018: Server is down for extended maintenance to replace a problematic disk drive which is causing lag (requiring pulling data off an existing RAID array and reinstalling the operating system).
It is expected our provider will begin this procedure at 9:00 AM server time (UTC+2), so before then we need to ensure all of our raw data is backed up for quick restoration.

Thanks for your patience.


Current provider was supposed to replace 2 disks (well, 1, but they insisted on replacing both). This is apparently too difficult a task to ask of them. Lot of waiting around while they do a whole lot of nothing.
Ordered new server with another provider. This was approved and provisioned way faster (should've just done this from the start).
Setting up new dedicated server, downloading backups (may take a few hours).

UPDATE (15/11/2018 10:40 AM UTC+2): Everything is backed up, however provider has yet to commence hardware changes. Waiting on them at this point.

UPDATE (15/11/2018 05:45 PM UTC+2): Provider hasn't yet started. They asked for confirmation, which they received but haven't yet begun as of this time.
It will likely be down for several hours longer, while we sleep and they hopefully do their thing - eventually (we waited around as long as we could). Sorry for the inconvenience.

UPDATE (16/11/2018 12:00 AM UTC+2): We've (finally) been told that due to unexpected technical limitations, our intended setup isn't actually possible.
So instead, we've been forced to swap another storage drive to the same SSD, and bump both of them up as they're too small for our needs if both are required to be the same (installed independently, not in a RAID together).
This is a lot less ideal, but it'll do for now until we can re-evaluate and perhaps start looking at other providers in future (again. RIP).

We'll update this again once they update us further (which they may not do until after they're done, judging by their previous update). Thanks for your patience.

UPDATE (16/11/2018 06:00 AM UTC+2): Provider once again asked for confirmation, to which we responded pretty much immediately afterwards. No indication of when they'll begin...
UPDATE (16/11/2018 03:00 PM UTC+2): Ordered a new dedicated server from another provider.
As it's the weekend, this order may not be processed until Monday, but one way or another we'll get the server back up. If our current provider gets around to dealing with our request, we'll continue to use them for a short while until we can switch over to the new provider as their support is ridiculously unacceptable.

Thanks again for your patience & understanding.

UPDATE (16/11/2018 04:00 PM UTC+2): We've been informed that the drives are "being installed now" and that the OS will take "24 hours to install & update" because they "ensure servers are always patched up".

UPDATE (16/11/2018 04:45 PM UTC+2): (no change to dedicated server yet -- still connected to it. Go figure.)
UPDATE (16/11/2018 05:20 PM UTC+2): (dedicated server finally went offline, so it appears they're doing things.)
UPDATE (16/11/2018 07:00 PM UTC+2): New dedicated server order was processed, purchasing licenses & preparing to install the operating system. No update on our current dedicated server.
UPDATE (16/11/2018 07:05 PM UTC+2): Waiting for license order to be processed.
UPDATE (16/11/2018 09:00 PM UTC+2): License order has been processed, so I can now begin installing the new dedicated server (screw the old provider. >_>)

UPDATE (16/11/2018 09:05 PM UTC+2): Operating system is now installing.
UPDATE (16/11/2018 09:35 PM UTC+2): Operating system is installed. Downloading & installing updates.
UPDATE (16/11/2018 10:00 PM UTC+2): Downloading backup data (may take a bit).