Jump to content
  • Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

    You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
Marshmallow

A few bugs/issues

Recommended Posts

These been happening for me, reporting to see if others experienced too.

1. BDW/FT/JR timer does not appear sometimes causing to miss the event.

2. Since the recent patch, Boatman TP freezes game for half a min.

3. Orc warriors can use Master 23 skill without pause while humans need to stop and use it.

4. When get rejected from events in CZ, Humans get bugged inventory and items, cannot trade sundries or repair anything, while this does not affect orcs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marshmallow said:

1. BDW/FT/JR timer does not appear sometimes causing to miss the event.

 

There's no excuse for this with the patch. If you've minimised it, the icon will stay minimised as you've left it (I agree, it's not ideal, but it's better than breaking such that you can't even restore it). Additionally, you get notices in chat and scrolling announcements at the top telling you when a given event's signup is up, so you can pay attention and restore it accordingly. Or relog if you forgot how to restore them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tweaked Boatman for the next restart; it'll no longer force a load screen when using it. I couldn't reproduce the slow load times, but there's no reason it should have even be doing that. Hopefully that should address the issues with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, twostars said:

There's no excuse for this with the patch. If you've minimised it, the icon will stay minimised as you've left it (I agree, it's not ideal, but it's better than breaking such that you can't even restore it). Additionally, you get notices in chat and scrolling announcements at the top telling you when a given event's signup is up, so you can pay attention and restore it accordingly. Or relog if you forgot how to restore them.

I never minimize the timer. It does not pop up sometimes and you know when you relog, there is a low chance to get into an event, usually you get rejected if you don't click quickly. I've noticed this issue since few months. And I think it happens when my char been in game for a long time without any DC or relog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, twostars said:

This has also been fixed for the next restart & client patch.

The way it works for orc warriors makes more sense since the skill should not slow you down, otherwise it's a useless skill bcz you'll miss any target you're chasing if you have to stop for it to be activated. The way it works for Orcs is really good and I believe it should be that way but I'm afraid you might have fixed it the other way right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/10/2017 at 3:07 AM, Marshmallow said:

The way it works for orc warriors makes more sense since the skill should not slow you down, otherwise it's a useless skill bcz you'll miss any target you're chasing if you have to stop for it to be activated. The way it works for Orcs is really good and I believe it should be that way but I'm afraid you might have fixed it the other way right?

No, we removed its cast time to match orcs. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

twostarz could you mind checking the inn host bug which happens randomly when you take a look at your inn host.Your inventory screen gets stuck opened yet you cant close it. i do always use task manager to end ko to get rid of this bug.it doesnt disappear even you move to another zone like morodon luferson.your inventory screen stays open like the shown below (photo is random from google)
maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confirming inn bug as well, happens alot. Could you also remove junk drops pls? Materials from atross, riots. Shitty drops from fragments, specially nightmare crystal. Useless drops from Undying in bowl. Just make game less annoying will you?

Edit: I get stuck for 20 seconds on Loading objects screen during events. Like BDW, JR so I'm always late! This is happening since the casteli patch.

Edited by Marshmallow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Marshmallow said:

Edit: I get stuck for 20 seconds on Loading objects screen during events. Like BDW, JR so I'm always late! This is happening since the casteli patch.

Are you still using the old client or did you reinstall?
I say this because there's a flaw with mgame's data system in that data is never be replaced, only added to, which means their files can only grow.

I fixed this in an experimental launcher but we never released it. Reinstalling though will reset it back to a nice clean state (I made sure to clean these when releasing the new client).

Specifically, if your object\object.src file is huge, that's probably why it's struggling. Could you check its size for me? Mine's about 295MB.

10 hours ago, Marshmallow said:

I'm confirming inn bug as well, happens alot.

It should be fixed for the next restart. I'm just trying to figure out where the inventory plays into it, because I could manage to break the inn, but not the inventory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XxxKingRazoRxxX said:

The legendary inn / trade KO bug where your left click becomes unusable finally getting fixed? That's a fix on the level of character select. Always been there.

If I can reproduce it, sure. Any tips for reproducing this in a fairly consistent manner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, so these 2 are definitely different issues.

The first (with warping triggering it) should be fixed for the next patch. This specifically occurred when the player was out of range of the inn hostess.

The second (involving trade requests) I'm working on a patch for now (edit: this is now done, for the next patch). This same issue theoretically affects vendoring, inns, and inventories, which I assume is where inventories factor into it.

To be clear, mouse input getting bugged like this is an issue that can be caused by a lot of different things, since the game intentionally disables mouse input during requests. So I just want to be sure that I'm at least addressing the specific cases being reported here, as it's very likely there's other cases that won't be addressed by this patch.

Edited by twostars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade and inn bug are similar in the way that you can't click icons or dialogues at all anymore (such as, the X in a private message, any skill in your skill bar, the press OK button after death, etc) however left click wont be entirely useless because you'll still be able to drag items in your inventory, clicking on the ground to move and such.

Difference between the two is that inn bug is mainly triggered by getting teleported while in the inn. It doesn't always happen though (you might get teleported and the inn window auto-close as it should), and it's only in the inn, never while in sundries (thought it wouldn't surprise me if it could somehow happen in a rare scenario like buying stackable items). This results in the inn vault interface becoming visually bugged at the right of your screen after the teleport, and you being unable to close it because your left click is useless. Clicking exit is also a no-go so you gotta task manager your way out. There is a chance to get inn bugged randomly after interacting with stackables or simply putting an item in the inn though, but that's rare.

Trade bug mostly happens in strange circumstances where a player cancels a trade interface or someone accepts a trade request while his character runs outside range (I call request for the initial dialogue, and interface for the actual window where players drag items to). I can't tell for sure what causes it and even though unlike the inn bug, the trade window does disappear, your left click remains bugged. Getting teleported while in middle of a trade can cause this but that doesn't happen often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, they both toggle a flag which disables all UI input.

42 minutes ago, XxxKingRazoRxxX said:

Difference between the two is that inn bug is mainly triggered by getting teleported while in the inn

I believe I've fixed the more common trigger for this. There's 2 that I'm aware of: managing to trigger a generic out of range error (which is fixed), and the warp in the client closing the UIs before they've finished (which is not).

42 minutes ago, XxxKingRazoRxxX said:

Trade bug mostly happens in strange circumstances where a player cancels a trade interface or someone accepts a trade request while his character runs outside range (I call request for the initial dialogue, and interface for the actual window where players drag items to). I can't tell for sure what causes it and even though unlike the inn bug, the trade window does disappear, your left click remains bugged. Getting teleported while in middle of a trade can cause this but that doesn't happen often.

Trade requests could trigger this for requests from anything it closes, i.e. vendor UI (e.g. sundries), inns, VIP storage, inventories, etc. This is fixed.
Regarding other trade interactions, essentially what needs to happen to trigger this is for some external factor to close a UI that's currently waiting on a response, e.g. when warps close all UIs, or trade requests. I'm not too sure if this can apply to other trade interactions, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Warps, as above, are not.

I need to find a clean way of dealing with this. Essentially, I think the most generic way I can deal with this is to ensure it receives a response before anything else, but implementation-wise it's tricky to get right without screwing up anything else. For one, I need to be aware of everything that actually toggles this flag, and even trying to generically implement that from the client's side could be rather hit or miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2017 at 11:27 AM, twostars said:

Are you still using the old client or did you reinstall?
I say this because there's a flaw with mgame's data system in that data is never be replaced, only added to, which means their files can only grow.

I fixed this in an experimental launcher but we never released it. Reinstalling though will reset it back to a nice clean state (I made sure to clean these when releasing the new client).

Specifically, if your object\object.src file is huge, that's probably why it's struggling. Could you check its size for me? Mine's about 295MB.

It should be fixed for the next restart. I'm just trying to figure out where the inventory plays into it, because I could manage to break the inn, but not the inventory.

My object.src file is 257 MB but I'll reinstall everything to see if it helps with loading. Inn bug usually happens for me when my net is busy and I get lags/delays. Happenin' since the latest patch. Before never bugged not even once for a year!

Why can't I access DC shop with 1 hr DC prem??

Edited by Marshmallow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when inn host bug occurs,you cant use right click of the mouse. you cant click on party chat,clan chat.but yo ucan click on gate and for example teleport to morodon by using enter on keyboard.but still your inventory screen stands still and you are still bugged wherever you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the UI bug, it's unlikely this will ever be fully fixed (at least, not with the official client). However, as of patch 2.126 I've fixed some of the major causes which should mean it happens a lot, lot less.

On 18/10/2017 at 1:51 PM, Marshmallow said:

Why can't I access DC shop with 1 hr DC prem??

This we couldn't reproduce. There was an issue that we'd already patched with the DC shop not working, but assuming your client was actually up-to-date (i.e. you didn't skip any patches), it should be patched already. I'm assuming that's what happened, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×