Sign in to follow this  
Ronnen

BETA Final suggestions

These are my final suggestions for the official launch of the server. I know that are many things to fix yet, I know that some of are on the queue list so probably some things I am going to list are already public knowledge and GMs are aware of it.

· Identity of the server: Many players I know asked me “so what’s this ApexKO about? Same as USKO? Why I want to play an unofficial server which is 100% the same as Usko? To answer those questions I believe that: APEXKO has less bugs, APEXKO has GMs who care, APEXKO is secure, APEXKO will receive updates frequently. But, what about identity? What will make APEXKO stands out from all those PS around? That’s something Admins need to answer or at least make emphasis on the website. What things are different and worth to try.

· EXP rates needs to be revised. It hasn’t to be painful or too easy. Hard ball for you guys.

· QUESTS need to be revised. Some of them are just not worth the time of the players. Also, many people skip quests (Like all the quests in moradon) because they know something’s better later, so what’s the point? Rewards should be changed, I think the problem are not the quests itself but the rewards. Getting FP +5 it’s not worth it in my opinion. Not anymore, not in a PS.

· Achievement system: Should give better rewards and there should be more achievements for 70+ players. Something hard but at the same time rewarding in terms of items. At the moment the only rewards are titles, monster stones and wings.

· Titles: I strongly believe that titles were a good idea but some of them are dumb and not worth anyone’s time.

· Monster stones being able to be stored in inn: I know this can be possible, and since we’re gonna be farming them a lot I think this would be a good idea. Some people like to store them waiting for EXP events.

· Item & stuff drop rate: I know some people want a pk server mostly and some want a farm server where people must farm to gear up. I’m up for 2nd option. I love to farm, upgrade and get my gear that way. Some drop rates need to be revised, don’t make one mob exclusively for one thing, like cardinals for bus, that pretty much makes a zone a “camp site”.

· BOSS respawn times: I don’t know if this was discussed but they are odd right now. Perhaps make the respawn time shorter but lowering drop rate?

· Server rules aren’t established yet. We should craft some basic rules regarding account sharing, account selling, babashopping and a lot of shit that kills servers.

· Take into account suggestions to promote playing and going CZ besides NPs. Perhaps 1 KC for each kill or something. It was discussed in an earlier topic. Same to encourage people to go war, I think this the absolute event of KO and no one was actually attending it. Happens the same in other PS. Time schedules are odd most of the time.

· Monster stones rooms: According to level they are the same over and over. I know that in USKO they change a bit, I think there was like 3 instances instead of just 1. I don’t know if this is much to ask but after you hit lvl 78 to lvl 83 the same snow room gets boring after a while.

· Allow players to write guides and to be added to website. That also promotes community knowledge.

Edited by twostars
Cleaned up formatting as it was difficult to read

· Identity of the server: Many players I know asked me “so what’s this ApexKO about? Same as USKO? Why I want to play an unofficial server which is 100% the same as Usko? To answer those questions I believe that: APEXKO has less bugs, APEXKO has GMs who care, APEXKO is secure, APEXKO will receive updates frequently. But, what about identity? What will make APEXKO stands out from all those PS around? That’s something Admins need to answer or at least make emphasis on the website. What things are different and worth to try.

For the most part, I believe you've answered your own question there. Otherwise, there's http://forum.apexko.com/forum/44-features/

· EXP rates needs to be revised. It hasn’t to be painful or too easy. Hard ball for you guys.

EXP rates are tricky because at no time have you ever been exposed to the real rate. It's always been under layers of bonuses; premium, server-wide EXP bonuses, EXP flashes. What also didn't help is there was a bug causing these bonuses to be multiplicative instead of additive, so on top of that, they were also giving way higher XP than was intended. I believe they're fine now, stripping away all the bonuses. I mean, the server's been running +300% EXP events constantly for over a week... that certainly won't be the case with official.

· BOSS respawn times: I don’t know if this was discussed but they are odd right now. Perhaps make the respawn time shorter but lowering drop rate?

This is another one of those things that differ from official. For one, they won't necessarily respawn on restart, to make it more difficult to predict when they're going to spawn (to avoid boss camping as much as possible). Additionally, the respawn times are fairly random, making their respawn time a little hard to predict, for the same reason.

I don't really see any problem with this. All this does is prevents people from logging in and camping spots when they think the boss is going to spawn -- being more random, it gives everyone else a better chance at some loot, unless they're dedicated enough to camp every possible boss' respawn point all day long every day (which is highly impractical).

Like I said, I really don't see a problem with this. It's just one means of keeping the server balanced.

· Server rules aren’t established yet. We should craft some basic rules regarding account sharing, account selling, babashopping and a lot of shit that kills servers.

This indeed is a problem. Mostly it's just common sense, but we'll be sure to list these properly for reference.

Account sharing: it isn't something we'll ban for, but if account sharing caused an unpleasant situation that resulted in item loss or something of the sort, we won't be supporting you. It's as simple as that. We have many means of protecting you from these problems, so if you're going to risk not using them (e.g. OTP, location restrictions, even item sealing and the like), that's on you and you alone. I mean, we go so far as to enable location restrictions on your account by default, and nag you to enable OTP, explaining how it works and why it's so beneficial to use.

We implemented all of this to protect you guys. If you're not using it for the sake of account sharing, really... that's on you. There's not all that much more we can do to help you keep your account safe.

Account selling: selling accounts comes with a lot of risks that we cannot control. We cannot control whether you will be paid. We cannot control if the buyer chargebacks. We cannot control the access will be transferred accordingly. As such, even if we wanted to, it's not something we can support. We're not going to go out of our way to ban people doing this, but these forums certainly won't be a platform for that. As far as advertising this in-game goes, I'm personally against it, but I'd be content with ignoring it if it wasn't going to become an issue. More than likely it will become an issue though, but we'll discuss this more before putting up the official rules.

For this though, we have character sealing. It doesn't solve the problem of not being able to monitor real world money transactions, but it does allow us to ensure the character goes to the intended person (and stays that way).

"Babashopping": Not something that'll be an issue with the PUS itself, but likewise with account selling, if it involves out-of-game elements we cannot control (i.e. real world money transactions), it's not something we can support on that basis alone. Obviously not bannable, but not something we can support for your own safety.

· Take into account suggestions to promote playing and going CZ besides NPs. Perhaps 1 KC for each kill or something. It was discussed in an earlier topic. Same to encourage people to go war, I think this the absolute event of KO and no one was actually attending it. Happens the same in other PS. Time schedules are odd most of the time.

The problem here is it's late in beta, and there's not all that many people left to participate in anything -- be it general PVP, wars, or events. I don't really see this as being a problem otherwise.

I am, however, personally against the "KC per kill" idea. It's insanely abusable and requires much more monitoring on our end. I'm not against KC rewards in general, but I think for every kill is a bad idea.

If it were implemented in a more limited fashion (e.g. isolated events), perhaps.

· Monster stones rooms: According to level they are the same over and over. I know that in USKO they change a bit, I think there was like 3 instances instead of just 1. I don’t know if this is much to ask but after you hit lvl 78 to lvl 83 the same snow room gets boring after a while.

Just need more spawns setup for those. The server does support the differing rooms, but not all of the various alternative rooms are setup as of yet so we only serve the main one for each bracket (which are all done).

· Allow players to write guides and to be added to website. That also promotes community knowledge.

The forums are a much better platform for this. Perhaps we can start taking guides from the forums and throwing them on the website, but beyond linking them directly to the forums to submit guides, I don't see any real reason this should be handled predominantly from the website. As said, the forums are a much better place for community collaboration.

About bosses what I tried to say that after playing pretty much everyday we only saw Harpy Queen and Deruvish Founder and that's it. I mean, generally and in usko you will see more bosses, even being taken by other players. Now, that nobody plays I scout the area pretty much always and I haven't found none. I thought they were gone.

About bosses what I tried to say that after playing pretty much everyday we only saw Harpy Queen and Deruvish Founder and that's it. I mean, generally and in usko you will see more bosses, even being taken by other players. Now, that nobody plays I scout the area pretty much always and I haven't found none. I thought they were gone.

I have yet to see TK/Talos/Samma/SQ, I know they spawn cause others have killed em however very limited compared to what karus is saying they have downed em....I feel like elmo side may be bugged or something

Now server is alive. No more BETA. Time for some feedback.

-Identity of the server: I still can't answer the question regarding the "twist" or "gameplay enhancement" that will attract players that have been off for a while or players that are disappointed more or less about KO in general. Caring about players and bug fixing is nice, but I think at some point you need more than that to actually attract people who have quit long time ago.  

-EXP rates: I think they are fine. Problems are drops and the fact that certain drops are being monopolized by certain mobs producing an excess of people camping certain spots (Cardinals). BUS is very important and I believe BUS should be easy to get, people need to upgrade, people should be able to farm them (all kinds of bus) almost everywhere giving higher rate to certain mobs than others. Also the same for several kinds of items. I would farm armor parts but if also I need to spend 3 hours to get 50 bus, I don't know. It doesn't seem correct for the type of player you should attract. Right now, most KO players are casuals, because we have life. We have jobs. We have wife. We have children. We can't dedicate ourselves to play 10 hours a day. Some may, but not everybody. I like to farm, I don't like everything quick, but I don't like to farm 3 hours to get 5 pauldrons or less. Sometimes I believe that item database was never updated. Things that only should drop in moradon to help newbies (yellow +3 armor, weapon for instance) are being dropped by high lvl monsters. That's odd and seems lazy because no one ever updated the game properly. People tend to skip the moradon part right away because it's not fun at all and go straight to home nation and they should be able to use EMC/Luff + Eslant to gear up. Now, who really farm trolls for glaves? A third tier or fourth tier kind of weapon, not even worth my time to go town and npc it, now if trolls dropped +5 glaves would be a lot different. More chances to make 7´s or 8´s, more chances to help players to gear up. We all love getting nice things for our time, dedication, effort. It's well known that KO was always sort of "let's skip all the content, make coin and just buy our gear" kind of mentality. I love getting nice drops from normal mobs, nice stuff that I can make even better. A glave +8 is not the best weapon in game but it makes a player happy for certain time. Same for weapon defense armor, rare armors, things that make feel the player rewarded in the most simple way: GO HUNTING. 

-Quests and EXP: again, they need to be revised. 250k for one quest? hilarious. Not even worth my time. I think most people believe quests in KO are a chore or something skippeable if possible. Now if you offer me something good with it, I will totally get a team and do it, otherwise, we will just kill the mob that drops the best EXP (in some cases without logic cof cof paramun cof cof) and do that over and over until it's done.

-Achievement system: still the same, nothing too interesting taking into consideration that the rewards are the same as usko and no one even bother.

-Titles: pretty much the same.

-Boss respawn times: they are fine now.

-Promote events like war, etc. I think they are into it now.

-Monster stones: they feel sometimes like a chore because of the drop system. It's either an old accesory (very low drop rate now) and scraps/nest. Nothing else worth it there. Some mobs are very difficult for some classes.

Please please please, take into consideration this feedback. I believe that if you guys start tweaking some ancient stuff (like the drop table and drop rate) you could change something that frustrated many players through the years. I don't know the actual X quantity of mobs in the whole game but it's hilarious how some mobs are overused by players, ignoring others, when you can make the whole game fun and rewarding and not a "once-in-a-lifetime-visit-because-quest" thing.