• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Hello twostars,

After playing your beta server I wanted to point out a few things that have a great potential to kill your server in the long run. I can safely say these things I'm about to tell you with 100% certain because I literally played more than 20 private servers, I watched servers with a huge potential and huge hype of public before the launch, servers with more than 2000 thousand players, and I saw them all raise and die and I know the reason that caused their death for each one of them. I really don't want to see this happening here so I came up with a list of things in your server that can cause a quick and exponetial decrease of players and therefore it's death.

1) Experience Rates: The rates are perfect and exping is really fun, the quests are awesome and easy but all that goes untill level 70. After that everything gets too hard and this is not healthy for any server. Hard exp rates are the number 1 cause of premature death of servers. You've been around for too long here and I thought you'd know it.

How to fix it: Let that 300% exp event on at all times (like if it's not even an event) and remove the exp cuts when you reach level 60 and 70, just leave the regular amount of exp gain. And this will not decrease your Premium sales, please trust me.

2) Anvil Rates: Your idea of the gear dispenser, free trinas and free tears of karividis in beta was amazing. Everyone could test the anvil rates throughly. And they are beyond hard (I know, it's just like USKO). You have to imagine that we had access to an unlimited amount of armors and weapons, scrolls and trinas now try to imagine in official when droping a decent weapon and armor will be quite hard and then we'd have to go to the anvil. This will make you loose way too many players, the casual players they are the core of any server.

How to fix it: I Know you probably don't want to mess with the rates since you want this to be exactly like USKO, so just make Blessed Upgrade Scroll really really easy to get and increase the armors drop rate by a considerable amount (make them fairly easy to be dropped), the weapons you can leave as it is I'd say.

I have no doubt that the server, (the way it is right now) will get thousands of players in official anyway, but it will decrease exponentialy in the first couple of weeks, that's the problem.

I just hope you listen and consider these things, because again, I saw with my own eyes (and so have you) huge servers die because of that and people still don't realise it.

Your server is way too amazing to be wasted with small ingame gameplay mistakes and the fix to those problems are too easy and will give your server

Thank you,

Manhattan.

Reposted with permission from Manhattan.

Exp with this 200% or 300% event is realy nice and not hard and funny, but anvil rates are so hard, maybe we should open a new topic about exp, anvil rates ? 

ps. very good suggestion from Manhattan ;p

People are already level 83 after a week. Some of them were probably 83 after a few days... how is that hard? If it took a month to get 83, that wouldn't even be hard. Unless you have a complex where you can't handle "not being the best". Personally I don't see the problem with anvil rates, official has similar rates and their servers have heaps of +9 high class items.

Right now the ridic exp rates trivialize questing. You get so much more exp by just grinding stuff.

Also, we have no daily schedule for events that would otherwise give you 10-20% of your level exp per individual event completion. It's not accurate to judge how quick the exp goes tbh.

My suggestion is to find a nice balance between reducing exp required per level and reducing exp per monster kill so that quests are more effective, in a way that the exp rate is almost as easy as it is right now (with all the events on) and make exp gain past level 80 cut by half so that hardcore exp grinding people also have something going for them.

Example:

X level requires 1000 exp

Monster gives 10 exp

Quest gives 50 exp

Event gives 15% of the level (150 exp)

change it to...

X level requires 850 exp

Monster gives 8 exp

Quest still gives 50 exp

Event gives 15% of the level (127 exp)

Something like that... probably too late to change it now. But that's what I would do.

Most of the players have a very limited view of the context. They can't think two steps ahead of them to see and predict what will happen in the future. Again, the rates right now are quite decent and enjoyable for everyone (read my fix to the issue, it basically says to keep it like this). Now this is the part that you need to think of others and in the official server. I challange you to create a new account but don't buy premium and don't get the gear dispensed by the NPC and try to imagine this without the 200% event that's been going on 24/7. Now go ahead and level up, tell me how you'll feel. I also hope that when you're finally able to go exp in cz (maybe after 1 week) that you don't get 1 hitted by a random sin, all the time and that you actually find a party.

Now about the upgrade rates, the line of thought is the same. Right now, as I wrote in my text,  we have an unlimited access to money,weapons,armors and scrolls/trinas/tears. In official things will be different, way different. My fix to that issue is simple, all that is required is a high increase on armors drop rate and make BUS very easy to acquire (not drastic changes whatsoever) and I only said armor. I want to make weapons hard to get because, if it's easy, the PK pace will be so fast, (since having an iron set or a decent shield will be quite rare) that it will turn into a lame, skilless based PK, just like the current state of USKO.

Again, the fixes I propose are so simple and they have the power to change everything in the future of the server for its own sake, so I ask for the players to open their minds if they want to see a huge project with a constant flow of new players and a steady population.

I could summerize all this text I wrote with this quest: name one private server with rates similar as USKO, that is succesfull, stayed online for more than 3 months and kept a steady population and an active PK in cz.

Most of the players have a very limited view of the context. They can't think two steps ahead of them to see and predict what will happen in the future. Again, the rates right now are quite decent and enjoyable for everyone (read my fix to the issue, it basically says to keep it like this). Now this is the part that you need to think of others and in the official server. I challange you to create a new account but don't buy premium and don't get the gear dispensed by the NPC and try to imagine this without the 200% event that's been going on 24/7. Now go ahead and level up, tell me how you'll feel. I also hope that when you're finally able to go exp in cz (maybe after 1 week) that you don't get 1 hitted by a random sin, all the time and that you actually find a party.

Well you have a point there, it would be hard without exp premium. I wonder though, if you have enough money for a computer and internet, or to pay for internet cafe... why can't you buy exp prem? Or if you can play for 30 hours a month, why can't you work two or three hours to buy exp prem? That's what I don't understand. I understand some people are poor, but who that is really poor is playing an online game! Considering that... everyone who plays KO has an opportunity cost... spend twice as long exping and spend 0 money, or drop some dollahs and half that time (you can spend some of the time you saved working to get 15$ to buy exp prem).

Aside from this, we all know 90% of free2play games are pay2win, and this is definitely KO. The solution to the problem you post has been for the last decade a thing called "ardream". If you don't wanna play cz, you go ardream. Ardream was created in response to the complaints you are lodging.

Ardream in USKO is also gear over skill. I've seen people wearing +10 items on ardy, I don't understand why people wont do it here too. 

I also posted about fixing quest % and dropping more bus / loot to make server enjoyable. We all know that the end of the game is to pk against the other nation and without people ready or be able to be competitive this can't be accomplished. Some people here are suggesting that "You can't reach end-game in 1 week" I do agree but it would be awesome if in 1 week you can at least help in CZ in some way to your clan/party and not being a 1 hit noob. 

I spoke about quests not even giving the 0,1% of EXP required of the level, why bother right? You can just hit the same mob over and over. It's not about being lvl 83, it's more about making the game more engaging and rewarding. 

Also, not everyone has a credit card to buy premium. Some countries have certain % tax for buying things online or buying things from other countries, making virtual items even more expensive. 

Ardream in USKO is also gear over skill. I've seen people wearing +10 items on ardy, I don't understand why people wont do it here too. 

I also posted about fixing quest % and dropping more bus / loot to make server enjoyable. We all know that the end of the game is to pk against the other nation and without people ready or be able to be competitive this can't be accomplished. Some people here are suggesting that "You can't reach end-game in 1 week" I do agree but it would be awesome if in 1 week you can at least help in CZ in some way to your clan/party and not being a 1 hit noob. 

I spoke about quests not even giving the 0,1% of EXP required of the level, why bother right? You can just hit the same mob over and over. It's not about being lvl 83, it's more about making the game more engaging and rewarding. 

Also, not everyone has a credit card to buy premium. Some countries have certain % tax for buying things online or buying things from other countries, making virtual items even more expensive. 

1) yeah ardream takes away exp requirement, leaving skill and gear only. I only said /meantit's for people who don't want to exp.

2) yeah you could make it more engaging and enjoyable, bdw does that well I think. Or you could just make it easier to get to only reason anyone plays this game (PvP).

3) Alot of people don't have credit card; I don't have a credit card. Have you heard of prezzy card? "Travel card"... "pre-paid credit card"... these are easily accessible. Every nation with computer and internet has these.

1) yeah ardream takes away exp requirement, leaving skill and gear only. I only said /meantit's for people who don't want to exp.

2) yeah you could make it more engaging and enjoyable, bdw does that well I think. Or you could just make it easier to get to only reason anyone plays this game (PvP).

3) Alot of people don't have credit card; I don't have a credit card. Have you heard of prezzy card? "Travel card"... "pre-paid credit card"... these are easily accessible. Every nation with computer and internet has these.

3. Not in this part of Argentina. No joking. 

3. Not in this part of Argentina. No joking. 

So where did you get yer computer from then?

I also live in a small rural town that doesn't have alot of things. For example you can't buy a computer in this town. So you have to go to city to buy the computer. Same for other things like credit card.

You can get a debit card to at the bank for like 5$.

Are you telling me where you live they don't have banks? You can't drive anywhere to a bank or post office? Shet, my bank sent my debit card to me in the mail! Don't you have mail in Argentina?

People say "where there is a will, there is a way". People will find a solution if they really don't want to have their problem. Or, you can just... not do that and don't complain.

I was talking about the game cards, point cards and all that. Of course you can get a credit card, dunno about "debit card for $5", seems very odd to be honest, most people have accounts in bank because they work and they get paid through a bank, but still, you keep making emphasis on the fact that "if you can't then go" or something like that. I'm just stating that not everybody can pay something in a game. 

I was talking about the game cards, point cards and all that. Of course you can get a credit card, dunno about "debit card for $5", seems very odd to be honest, most people have accounts in bank because they work and they get paid through a bank, but still, you keep making emphasis on the fact that "if you can't then go" or something like that. I'm just stating that not everybody can pay something in a game. 

Yeah, and those are people who can't afford a computer and/or internet! If you can afford a computer and/or internet, you can afford premium.

Full stop. Period.

Yeah, and those are people who can't afford a computer and/or internet! If you can afford a computer and/or internet, you can afford premium.

Full stop. Period.

That's a dumb way of thinking, if im spending 50$ a month on internet ALREADY why would i want to spend 15 dollars extra just to get some extra exp in a game? Just because you have a point of view doesn;t mean you should trash everyone with a different point of view. jesus christ you sound like healsmash

Full stop. Period.

all the points made are good, but Botanical you are basically saying that if you dont like it buy premium, well for some people this is a "private server" and we all know "private servers" dont last as long as an official game, and lets say you/me or the next guy is really into this server and drops what you say is easy money which I agree, but is not the case for all, anyway back to my point so person put their money into the server and then server dies down anyway...me personally I wont put a cent into this server till I see it is flourishing, because in the passed I put a bit into a few servers and all of them died because of none of the things listed above but we all know what usually kills servers. anyway all of you have valid points but if the casual players wont be accommodate equally to the paying players then things will get really boring really fast. like I said in a similar post "there is a fine line when it comes to private servers and if you don't follow it the server dies"

That's a dumb way of thinking, if im spending 50$ a month on internet ALREADY why would i want to spend 15 dollars extra just to get some extra exp in a game? Just because you have a point of view doesn;t mean you should trash everyone with a different point of view. jesus christ you sound like healsmash

But the thing is that no one is forcing you to buy premium. You can play USKO without premium for example, hence the phrase "Free 2 Play.

I somewhat agree and disagree with this topic because from past experience and observation, it's a two way street. If the EXP is made easier, users will max out quicker, which will lead to boredom quicker, which could lead to "killing the server" quicker. Secondly, the same people who are judging the "hard exp" haven't even completed many of the EXP quests which are available in every single zone you could possibly teleport to. Before making a drastic change such as reducing the EXP I think we should tally up the total EXP that can be granted by doing all the quests first and see what that adds up to.

That's just my opinion though. We had users who hit level 83 in 2-3 days before gear was dispensed at +8 and when the rate was 200% EXP -- mostly on genie, without EXP quests.

That's just my opinion though, everyone wants quick access to CZ, but no one wants to grind -- find a PK server then?

When you folks played USKO did you refuse to war or go to CZ without reaching max level? Oh, me either  ^_^

And if everyone following your logic about not wanting to spend 15$ dollars, this server is good as dead then, since it will survive on donations (especially after the amount of money they have pumped into this project (not to mention literally thousands of hours of work)). 

Skill quests might kill the server aswell. 

This is true. Lobo / Lycaon and Lupus pendant' prices will skyrocket. The problem arises when only a few clans have the access to these drops... basically if there's not enough hardcore players out there, then the few that no-life this server will grab it all and overpower everyone.

Then again, this applies to everything, even leveling, csw and farming. What can be done though? You can't really stop people from leveling at the fastest pace.

A temporary level 70 cap or disabling Juraid Mountain (enabled later) could perhaps help... (IF the rates are staying the same)

Skill quests might kill the server aswell. 

Well, I thoughT that the master quest would be like this in official as well otherwise I'd have added it to the list. I thought that they changed in USKO to be like it is here, just as easy. If it's not and master actually requires all those old things and uniques, added with the hard exp rates, etc, I can safely say with 100% certain that this server will not last longer than 1 month. Saw this same mistake too many times I can't believe people still fall for it...

But the thing is that no one is forcing you to buy premium. You can play USKO without premium for example, hence the phrase "Free 2 Play.

1)I somewhat agree and disagree with this topic because from past experience and observation, it's a two way street. If the EXP is made easier, users will max out quicker, which will lead to boredom quicker, which could lead to "killing the server" quicker. Secondly, the same people who are judging the "hard exp" haven't even completed many of the EXP quests which are available in every single zone you could possibly teleport to. Before making a drastic change such as reducing the EXP I think we should tally up the total EXP that can be granted by doing all the quests first and see what that adds up to.

2) We had users who hit level 83 in 2-3 days before gear was dispensed at +8 and when the rate was 200% EXP -- mostly on genie, without EXP quests.

1) Here's the thing and why that happens: Servers with exp rates made way too easy, like either killing worms for max level or the account alredy starting at max level is bad and unhealthy in the long run just as much as a server with hardcore rates. That is bad because it leaves the feeling that server isn't "real", like if it isn't a serious project, it makes the server look like a place to joke around a few times with no greater struggle, also those kinds of servers 99% of the time are full PK as well, so no farming at all and that causes quite a fast death as well. 

So leaving the exp rates just like it is on BETA now, (I'll even not ask for the exp cuts to be removed anymore even though I really know it should) would be the perfect move to do. It gives a serious take at the server and attaches the players to it . (I still think that in the future it will be very hard to exp since there will be barely any parties in cz).

2) That's just a stupid statement. I mentioned it many times and I'll quote Aesteris now: "there's currently a 200% on top of a x2 modifier applied to the EXP rates, these will be gone in official" + free EXP premium for everybody!

When I make topics like this I'm not thinking about myself. I belong to the group of people who will donate for premium and I know how to no life to the top, I was the 2nd person in Ares to hit lvl 70, and that, is no life. But again, this is not good for private servers and it has never worked.

exp on beta is realy easy atm lol, i hitted 83 in 2 days of exping....

It should be harder on official, and yes there is a exp cut on lvl 80-83, this is good (should stay on official)

but still it's too easy then :P

should be harder on official imo

@Manhattan, master is no worry, it's really easy with different instances in lufferson/elmorad. The only thing you can worry about is the skills.

Exp and armor drops are no problem. If you think people going to struggle with EXP, I wanna see them struggle with Skill Quest items. 

You should either add monster summon staff back ( so there are more quest items, which are obtainable for everyone) or make some events.

Increasing drop rate in cz on them doesn't solve this problem. As there will be a few clans that are going 24/7 and will rule the cz for first couple of weeks.

About the very much sought after items needed for master quests;

I've personally thought of two solutions.

1) Add them to the droptable of the non-boss variants at a very low rate.

2) Change the items needed to be more of a gathering quest, say 1 item from mining (special), 1 item from fishing (special), 1 item from PKing (special, low drop chance alongside the dumplings), 1 item from monster stone monsters, etc.

As far as EXP is concerned, the main issue I believe would be people with a level disproportionate to the items they have, hitting level 80 and being stuck with +5 items hardly seems like what we need, vice-versa; people having +8 weapons before hitting 70 hardly seems the right way forward either. There is a genuine need to gain and retain as much casual players as possible, we're partly addressing the issue by letting certain events reward a percentage of your level on top of the usual rewards. While I don't necessarily think EXP should be too hard, I do think there's a need to re-evaluate required EXP per level for 60~75, especially considering the modifiers currently in place.

Comments, thoughts, suggestions - please don't hesitate to post them!