• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Aesteris

Buying Apex Points in Open Beta

Hi there,

We'd just like to let everyone know that we will be accepting payments for Apex Points during beta through PayPal for anyone interested, the prices for items in the PUS currently are expected to be roughly the same as they will be on official (premiums and the likes definitely will be, some other not quite as important items might change a bit).

500 (+0) Apex Points - $5 USD

1000 (+50) Apex Points - $10 USD

2000 (+125) Apex Points - $20 USD

3000 (+250) Apex Points - $30 USD

5000 (+500) Apex Points - $50 USD

10000 (+1500) Apex Points - $100 USD

These are the packages that will be available during official; the (+x) indicates bonus points. So, buying $30 USD worth of Apex Points will get you 3250 Apex Points.

During beta there will be a flat 10% bonus calculated over the base (excluding bonus) points, for example the $30 USD will get you 3000 + 300 + 250 = 3550 Apex Points ONLY DURING BETA.

As long as your payment was made before the official release, we will apply this bonus to your purchase.

Furthermore, only for purchases made during beta, members will get the "Beta Donator" title on the forums!

To purchase any points, please contact me (Aesteris) on the forums.

so if i'm correct the ones u buy during beta they should appear as bonus points right?

cuz Apex points gets resetted etc during beta...

Yup, that's correct!

Ugh will genie stay at 10k kc ? So one pack  of genies will be 100$ in official? That is weird.

No, genie won't stay at 20k apex points, we haven't yet decided on a price but are probably aiming for 300-400 Apex Points per 10 pack :)

wow thats high for genie. on usko they are only 150 kc per pack this is after they cut it. B4 it was 250 kc points so yea.

maybe they don't want ppl to be a.f.k all day? and rather try to do it like old times xD booro parties etc 

maybe they don't want ppl to be a.f.k all day? and rather try to do it like old times xD booro parties etc 

genie or not, ppl will just use msn k0xp or other programs that does z1 and such. So bringing genie to 150 AP would maybe make it more worth

Also, the exp will be alot harder to it'll take more genie that atm.

genie or not, ppl will just use msn k0xp or other programs that does z1 and such. So bringing genie to 150 AP would maybe make it more worth

true, but won't be as hard as USKO xD there you had to put like 100 euros on genie only (without hammers) into it to get 83 lol

Well i think thats why they lowered it in usko. To make ppl stray away from using such programs  or bug abusing, the msn k0xp is very hard(not hard to do, i meant like it causes lag) on the server.

If it's 5$ or so for 20 hours of genie, that's fairly reasonable.

i dont see this as being reasonable, that $5 a day or you spend $50 for 9 days + 16hrs. I could deal with the 250 kc atleast thats around 2 days for $5. This is my opinion and they have the ability to choose whats best for their server, i just think if its overpriced ppl will look for alternative methods (koxp) to lvling up and we dont really want that on private servers because first they will say its for leveling purposes and then will go into the pk and then it will be just like usko. Even thou im sure they have their methods of keeping out the k0xpers, there are ppl willing to make programs to sell and even the best security can be bypassed.

The main reason for the pricing is to deter people from relying on it, nothing more than that.

I mean, even in beta, almost everyone's using it to level exclusively -- skipping all of the content that was the point of testing (and rewarding for) the leveling process.

That having said, without MS scaling (and being broken for a while as-is), reduced events, etc, grinding/quests is the only thing really consistently available right now, so it's understandable.

In official (and very soon with beta), however, that won't be the case. I personally despise the genie feature, but it does have its uses...

The main reason for the pricing is to deter people from relying on it, nothing more than that.

I mean, even in beta, almost everyone's using it to level exclusively -- skipping all of the content that was the point of testing (and rewarding for) the leveling process.

That having said, without MS scaling (and being broken for a while as-is), reduced events, etc, grinding/quests is the only thing really consistently available right now, so it's understandable.

In official (and very soon with beta), however, that won't be the case. I personally despise the genie feature, but it does have its uses...

i did every quest in el morad zone but once i hit 72ish its all about group grinding/afk grinding maybe thats why ive only made it to 76 lol cause the whole afk grind isnt my thing, I would like to see more soloable quests that are more rewarding to help those of us that dont fall back on the genie/afk grind stuff.

it'd be easy to just use razer synapse which can do z1 z1 z1 z1 all over and over.

The grind is real, ppl do it for rewards mostly. thats why they skipped contents. Most ppl just want to play on it and not really feel the grind. 

rewards from quests should be better, that way you invite ppl to actually do quests.

i dont see this as being reasonable, that $5 a day or you spend $50 for 9 days + 16hrs. I could deal with the 250 kc atleast thats around 2 days for $5. This is my opinion and they have the ability to choose whats best for their server, i just think if its overpriced ppl will look for alternative methods (koxp) to lvling up and we dont really want that on private servers because first they will say its for leveling purposes and then will go into the pk and then it will be just like usko. Even thou im sure they have their methods of keeping out the k0xpers, there are ppl willing to make programs to sell and even the best security can be bypassed.

It's a delicate balance isn't it. It seems to be that if someone was really looking at value for money (and they didn't care about cheating), then there is virtually no price that can compete with a KOXP program. Why? Because they charge a monthly flat rate for unlimited hours in a month. Due to the nature of the program, players using it will use it often until they reach the level they want or get banned. The genie system as it stands is not gonna be competitive unless they used a flat rate monthly unlimited use model. This is only 100% true for people who don't care at all about cheating... it will apply to a lesser extent to people who are weary of cheating.

I'm all in favour of genie, high reward from quests, lowered exp requirements. This game is a PvP game basically right, we all agree on that right? Back in the old days I PvP'd on my rogue assassin at level 55 with sword breaker +6 and I had fun! It was hard to get 70, but you could be very competitive at level 60-62. When level 80/83 patches came out the game became very very grindy. Let's face it the game was always grindy, but now at level 62 you couldn't be as competitive. Ultimately what this meant was that more people were exping than before, instead of PKing. That means less people in CZ, sometimes very empty. This the thing most of all that we want to avoid. There is already ardream which "splits" the pkers to an extent, but I think alot of people who play ardream will also have cz characters. We want to encourage reaching level 80 to be achievable, but don't want to take away the "grinding stage"... which should last a few months ( for normal/casual player). PvP is fun, but it's nice to go through the motions to an extent, even though alot of us have been here before. What we don't want is an empty CZ at three months cuz everyone is exping! However genie turns out, the devs are doing a great job, and exping won't be that hard with or without the genie.

The last thing I would like to say is most people these days view time as money. Alot of people earn 10-20$ an hour. That means in 20 hours they could earn 200-400$, lots of people earn less than that, some earn much much more! So if you have all that money, but less time, people are willing to spend 5$ instead of investing 20 hours. This is a kind of "common sense" or obvious fact that intelligent people can see. Even if genie was 20$ for 20 hours, it would be worth it for many people i.e. people who own their own business, people who have a wife and kids. Play and recreation is part of our healthcare; we need play and recreation to be happy and healthy. But it's true, grinding in KO is not healthy or fun. It is a very unproductive use of time, and is barely even "playful". So genie is good, and the kind of people who need/want to use genie are those who have the money to buy it.

I think all these different ways that players can gain exp and level without grinding are great i.e. AFK macro, sitting online, gaining some exp while offline. It is a good step in the MMORPG genre. MMORPG games are known for being very unhealthy. Didn't you see they put a health message on the bottumn of the KO login screen? It's the game designs that encourage people to feel greedy and have "I have to be competetive online 24/7 with my three sharers" attitude. People in these situations are rotting their life... gaming should enrich our lives! I thank the devs for bringing these intelligent changes to the game.

I keep saying that 40m from quest when you need 1.982.583.486 exp to level up is hilarious. Just do your maths. Even if I love questing doing all the quests don't give 1.982m exp altogether. So basically, people who turned into casual players wont be up 8 hours killing the same mob again and again, that's why people rely on genie and I wont blame them. 

I keep saying that 40m from quest when you need 1.982.583.486 exp to level up is hilarious. Just do your maths. Even if I love questing doing all the quests don't give 1.982m exp altogether. So basically, people who turned into casual players wont be up 8 hours killing the same mob again and again, that's why people rely on genie and I wont blame them.

This is the sort of thing that needs to be posted in the Feedback & suggestions section. We're very open to adjusting these as we're aware a lot of quests have rather stupid rewards (same goes for achievements).

Genie isn't a requirement. If people want to pay for it then they will, because tbh Genie is kinda subpar compared to active exping... once all the events are up you will fall behind horribly if you rely on it too much.

I see Genie more like a nice addition to fall onto, like an add-on that you enable when you are going to be busy for a while. Shouldn't ever be someone's main way of leveling unless you really, really don't have time to play.

Genie isn't a requirement. If people want to pay for it then they will, because tbh Genie is kinda subpar compared to active exping... once all the events are up you will fall behind horribly if you rely on it too much.

I see Genie more like a nice addition to fall onto, like an add-on that you enable when you are going to be busy for a while. Shouldn't ever be someone's main way of leveling unless you really, really don't have time to play.

And let's be honest, if you really don't have time to play i.e. you have five kids, two wifes (side wife :D), a mistress, yer own company, a mortgage, financing old parents in rest home/house then is it really a wise choice to play this game? :o

BotanicalConcepts, judging by many of your posts it seems that you don't like the whole "casual player" thing, apparently you like "hardcore style grinding no life" way. Give casual a chance to play and have fun bro, they are a good large portion of players of this game. 

BotanicalConcepts, judging by many of your posts it seems that you don't like the whole "casual player" thing, apparently you like "hardcore style grinding no life" way. Give casual a chance to play and have fun bro, they are a good large portion of players of this game. 

If you read a selection of my posts you might get that impression. If you read all of them (I don't expect you to read all of them) then you'll see I am very against wasting yer life on computer games, and spending endless hours grinding for a bunch of pixels. I actually often speak out against people who are unhealthy and overly invested in a game i.e. undez clan saying you have to play 10+ hours a day.

Overall I'm just a very very opinionated person.