• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
Lapislazuli

Using the numerical keyboard enter key after warping zones or using certain NPC's

It does not and will not work at all.

You have to use the regular "enter" key so that it becomes unbugged.

This happens after changing zones sometimes (not full map travels, but to different areas in the same map) and mainly after buying stackable items (you have to input quantity) on NPC's or repairing.

Enter button functionality is obviously typing in chat.

This is odd. I was inclined to say it's just the UI losing focus, but behaviour seems to vary depending on how you go about, for instance, changing zones (or well, areas in a zone).

I noticed that when I'm using num pad enter to "OK" the zone change:1. No matter how many times I press num pad enter again, it won't re-enter the UI.

2. If I press regular enter a *couple* of times (once to regain focus?), it will fix itself.

When I use enter OR the mouse to "OK" the zone change:1. Num pad enter works fine.

2. Regular enter works fine also.

I need to look into how their logic works for that.

Alright, for this stuff, DirectInput applies. DirectInput, unlike regular windows messages, has separate scancodes for enter & numpad enter.

In the old client source at least, I'm seeing some UIs handle both and others just handle the regular enter key.

I'm assuming this inconsistent behaviour is causing some things to not be handled correctly. There is, however, a huge amount that would need to check for it so it's probably better it's handled a little more generically.Probably most viable to go all the way up the chain and just say it's always the regular enter key in place of num pad enter. I don't see any reason for any UI logic to require num pad's enter specifically.

Sign in to follow this