• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
Chayni

Warrior Aoe (Balance idea)

Question

The idea is that warrior aoe's are abit to much to handle at this point

so my suggestion goes:

Warrior's can only kill ppl with the Aoe's if torment (Malice) has been used, without the skill doesn't do enough dmg to kill ppl (with it will be able to kill ppl just as easy as it is now)

Also an restriction on priests in party might help

like in KoreaKO they had a restriction to a max of 3 of each class in a party

lets try to say that in this server we'd keep it to just a max of 2 priests, which might work

42 answers to this question

Alpha wake up!

When chayni was in bloodline clan they cried about warrior aoe skill and they wanted to boost it now hes play mage and want nerf.

This is why apex lost alot players

quote one post from me to increase the warrior aoe skill

you're so full of shit that its just boring 

note; its not because the clan i was in said that, that i said it

the warrior aoe skill was bugged for a long time,

and now i'm (MYSELF) asking for the max priest thing/ only works with torment (warrior aoe)

other then you and the rest of the 12 y/o i'm helping them improof to get alot of players back, maybe take notes and do the same.

Alpha wake up!

When chayni was in bloodline clan they cried about warrior aoe skill and they wanted to boost it now hes play mage and want nerf.

This is why apex lost alot players

It's not about who quit and who didn't,we're taking in suggestion to improve the server. :)

Plenty of users have a lot to say ingame but once something comes on forum for actual discussion they don't seem to bother.

Apex lost users because the timeframe we're online and because new servers have gone up,yet we're the only ones still standing and we need something to attract those users back. ^_^

Alpha gets it, its about the present leading into the future and the server has been picking up really well as of recent. Just need mages back really and its just like before. My only Suggestion is to release UTC coming into winter but im guessing Aesteris is already onto that

Always agreed with every suggestions that is against the current warrior aoe skills since it's was like 1 of the most stupid developper move (thanks to the officials devs, not the ones here) to give such a high dmging, basicly insta cast time AOE skills to the already most tanky and dmging class.

( Too lazy to repeat myself, already wrote my opinion about it there:    http://forum.apexko.com/topic/2791-melee-passion/   )

So ye, agreed with OP, to change smth, either some kinda dmg decrease or what OP suggested.

On the side note tho: (It's not to flame, just a reminder warning to the gms / admins to see how often people wanna just gain advantage for their own classes while making suggestions which often leads to bad decisions --> like when basicly all the mage teams left with the warrior aoe range increase )

-Chayni (the guy who made this topic) is playing mage now. So his opinion magically transformed from this:

http://forum.apexko.com/topic/2813-balanced-warrior-aoe-proofs/

and this (replies to ppl who said the warrior aoe dmg is high): 

"lol, the skills are supposed to work this way bluekey"

"get 2 priests that work together and you can kill melee's"

"if mages would pk with a buffer and a duffer they can tank warrior aoe's easy
but they want to have 7 mage 1 duffer (no party cure) so they get full blown echo's"

Wonder why can't he just get 2 priests and tank warrior aoe easy now.....

(These comments and topics were made when the warrior aoe was actually even more OP than they are now since they used to have bigger range back then. But he was warrior, so it was fine, and the mages were just noobs.  While now that he is a mage, all of a sudden it's a problem.  Anyway, i just hate this kinda behaviour, wanted to mention it so you can be careful with 2 faced guys like him whom always looking for his own advantages and doesn't rly care about anything else.)

Always agreed with every suggestions that is against the current warrior aoe skills since it's was like 1 of the most stupid developper move (thanks to the officials devs, not the ones here) to give such a high dmging, basicly insta cast time AOE skills to the already most tanky and dmging class.

( Too lazy to repeat myself, already wrote my opinion about it there:    http://forum.apexko.com/topic/2791-melee-passion/   )

So ye, agreed with OP, to change smth, either some kinda dmg decrease or what OP suggested.

On the side note tho: (It's not to flame, just a reminder warning to the gms / admins to see how often people wanna just gain advantage for their own classes while making suggestions which often leads to bad decisions --> like when basicly all the mage teams left with the warrior aoe range increase )

-Chayni (the guy who made this topic) is playing mage now. So his opinion magically transformed from this:

http://forum.apexko.com/topic/2813-balanced-warrior-aoe-proofs/

and this (replies to ppl who said the warrior aoe dmg is high): 

Wonder why can't he just get 2 priests and tank warrior aoe easy now.....

(These comments and topics were made when the warrior aoe was actually even more OP than they are now since they used to have bigger range back then. But he was warrior, so it was fine, and the mages were just noobs.  While now that he is a mage, all of a sudden it's a problem.  Anyway, i just hate this kinda behaviour, wanted to mention it so you can be careful with 2 faced guys like him whom always looking for his own advantages and doesn't rly care about anything else.)

just to point out

that i actually tested this as a meele (and it was like this) that its perfectly deal-able ofcourse BUT

that doesn't change the fact that it made ppl leave the server (as current)

i just find it so cool that a guy that doesn't even play the server is concerned about stuff in the game

me and my clan came back and the server is activer already, so maybe instead of just writing shit down on the forum, it might be a good idea to come up with your own idea's or just don't reply :)

I do play the server and i always did unlike you. Also always was against the absurd warrior aoe dmgs and cast times and suggested plenty of things (unlike you, who supported the warrior aoe to the max, which ended up in shitload of ppl leaving). Plus no matter what u say now, you were the tard one, flaming every1 "you are just noob, learn how to play against it, bla bla" when they stated that the warrior aoe dmges are too high while you were warrior.  

And now that you are a mage, guess what, you turned 180 degrees and being against it too, despite flaming the shit out of ppl previously for suggesting the very same thing you do now...  So ye, i can't stand this kinda behaviour.... But let's stop right here, you won't change anyway...  

On topic, some more tuning on the warrior aoe skill could indeed encourage mage clans and non warriors to start to play on the server ---> helping it to grow.

I'll leave my own opinion in here so we can try and expand the conversation into the right direction.

From my personal point of view the solo warrior damage combination (Battle Cry,Cry Echo) should be the powerful one and should be the one used in PK.

AOE damage should be something used for a "surprise" attack,which the enemy could counter if they would be ready, 

While i say that AOE damage can be countered,yet right now it's the primary skill warriors use which i think shouldn't be that way.

Something Aesteris has mentioned is making AOE only hit certain amount of people which i think could really help out,since it could still be used very tactically.

Keep the suggestions coming,we're here to keep the server going and i'm sure if you're still playing you want the same thing! ;)

oh and he wants 2 priest max in the pt because with 3 priests, melee pt can get 3x 10k pt heal and stay alive for the novas. Nice thought, gg. 

oh another guy that can only talk shit

+1 to David4244, well said. Next time when Chayni make a rog he would want to nerf every class but rog. 

hey maybe get facts first eh?

i played every class in this server :) (and i still do)

Talking shit / crying doesn't help us at all,i hope people will be able to see over other users and just suggest what they feel like should be done.

We're really open to ideas,i've got certain things prepared for advertisement but it might be good to apply some changes before we start that. ^_^

My opinion is, althought mages request is not really fair (they wanna kill 5x people a time with novas but they dont wanna die 5x times in a row xD) but since you modify their stun, you should modify warrior aoe too or whatever, just do something to bring mages back to the game, w/o mages its less fun (im not playing mage btw) :D

Alpha, unbiased suggestion is welcomed, but trying to gain advantage for the class the user is currently playing is not.

well he really isn't trying to gain an advantage, what he is requesting is something all of the other mage clans wanted( the ones that stayed after mage damage was corrected ), also because i know a few people will say these things at some point, yes i am mage currently, yes before i supported mage dmg being fixed and the aoe change, yes i support the change to warrior aoe to bring back mages, no it's not for my own gain, but mages make private servers lively so it would be nice to have them back, plus even when i was playing warrior, literally no one would use cry echo, it was always torment then aoe like it was the main attack skill in fights.

or

Just an added suggestion, we could do something to buff up the mages hp and defense a little, i mean on scrolls( minus the lion scroll)  mages are pushing 6k hp and about 1k def, while other classes are higher, just so mages get abit more survivability.