Sign in to follow this  
Chayni

Balanced warrior AOE Proofs

note that all the mages in the party were using full starter gear from the gear dispenser NPC, with 2 priests in your party it's still possible to kill people and you can survive full warrior parties AOEing you. We don't main mage, and even we can manage to not fuck up as mages. Warriors aren't to op, and i had a great time fighting against them.

Another video will come where we straight up 8v8 a warrior party and end up winning it. The warrior party had 4 warriors, 3 priests and 1 support mage. Our  party consisted of 6 mages a party cure and debuff priest.

EDIT: here's the clip of fighting a 8v8 melee party fair & square with starter mages,

ending up winning the fight hard;

made them run.

i want to know what he next steps will be. we spend our entire evening collecting footage to show how not OP warrior AoE's are, and in our opinion the people that whine about them are the people that don't know how to play against them. We are far from experienced mage players, especially me and we were able to pull off a fight and made alot of NP's during the pk. I didn't have any troubles dealing with warrior parties, and keeping myself at a distance.

Saying it w/o taking sides now so leave me out of the stupid never ending flame war, saol.

But posting videos like these as a "proof" for eiter side in this debate is stupid as fuck. Both side can easily keep making videos like this, mages destroying malees or malees destroying mages, vica versa.

Neither will prove jackshit regarding what is balanced and what not.

E.g some1 could post an old Lostheaven movie, or skyhunter' selam checz video , or any other old footage right away (back when mage dmges were actually OP and warrior aoe range was less than it is now.) Where warriors effortlessly AOEd whole mage parties in a bkink of an eye, claiming that "see? Things were totally balanced back then, malees could easily kill mages, it is proven with videos, we should revert things back how it used to be."

Ye, it sounds stupid no matter on which side you are.

But hey, why should ppl make a normal debate over something, when they can post pointless videos and flame eachother repeatedly instead. The good old gaming community.....

Saying it w/o taking sides now so leave me out of the stupid never ending flame war, saol.

But posting videos like these as a "proof" for eiter side in this debate is stupid as fuck. Both side can easily keep making videos like this, mages destroying malees or malees destroying mages, vica versa.

Neither will prove jackshit regarding what is balanced and what not.

E.g some1 could post an old Lostheaven movie, or skyhunter' selam checz video , or any other old footage right away (back when mage dmges were actually OP and warrior aoe range was less than it is now.) Where warriors effortlessly AOEd whole mage parties in a bkink of an eye, claiming that "see? Things were totally balanced back then, malees could easily kill mages, it is proven with videos, we should revert things back how it used to be."

Ye, it sounds stupid no matter on which side you are.

But hey, why should ppl make a normal debate over something, when they can post pointless videos and flame eachother repeatedly instead. The good old gaming community.....

You realize we're posting videos because EVERYONE (including Alpha!) told us to post a video demonstrating how to do it. We tried to have a normal conversation with them, stating facts and giving examples and pictures from USKO amongst others, and they told us to just "show us" so we did.

4c32d288711b3725a2f7b57841efb7b8.png

https://gyazo.com/4c32d288711b3725a2f7b57841efb7b8

Don't see why we're the stupid ones for it. 

the reason i posted the videos about surviiving against melee parties with a mage party is to show it isn't hard at all to outplay a melee party since every mage player keeps on saying that they are way to op and can't be counterplayed. By showing these videos we've proven that it is possible to counter melee's and their damage on AoE, by timing priest skills perfectly.

Wouldn't exactly call "it's balanced omg, you are just a retarded dumbfuck and better quit KO since even a rock has better skills than you" ( the 2nd part fits Black perfectly tho <3) kinda comments a normal, constructive conversation. Anyway, pointed out what i wanted in the previous comment already, i'm out, have fun.

Edit: (It was a reply to skyhunter, screamer's comment came while i was typing)

WTF did i just saw ? where is the proof, all i see is priest record video and running around? and against some randoms pt ?

Take a look at this video

once again linking video of someone who has been playing KO for 30 seconds dying and calling imbalanced

I agree let's nerf warrior AOE because the new players that just installed the game don't know how to play. Can we also continue this catering to absolute-bottom-of-the-barrel by giving them krowaz sets +30? Thanks for making this the bestestststsetestestsetset server ever!!!!1!!!1!!!!

If you want to show actual proof record a whole pk session without cutting any parts out, showing 30 seconds of pk doesn't prove anything.

the claim was that mages couldn't survive warrior aoe's, and the video's proof its easy done.

WTF did i just saw ? where is the proof, all i see is priest record video and running around? and against some randoms pt ?

Take a look at this video

they were a warrior party with 4 support chars 1

that whole pk session we made (most without prem 15k nps)

and then still, it proofs that warrior and mages are equally balanced. (beside for the kids that can't counter those good time'd aoe's)

Thanks for actually posting a video and trying to test out the skills, we are moving in the right direction instead of your pointless flames about everyones elses brain capacity :-)

I however do not think that these videos are any proof that skill is not OP. Why?

1. You are fighting randoms who are not using their skills effectively. Just like when mages novaed 2k it was still easy to destroy random parties because they had no real timing and teamwork.

2. The party you are fighting consist of 4 warriors (who yet again is timing their skills poorly), when the real issue arises when melee parties come running with 6 warriors and decent on their priest or 5 warriors which decent on a stealthed rouge.

My clanmate tested the dmg, I believe he tested it with ScreameR(?), and the dmg for the 4 AoE skills were as followed:
1st = 1800
2nd = 1500
3rd = 1200

4th = 900​​

Please note that this was of course with torment.

I believe that the fact that a warrior party (6 warriors) can deal 32000+ AoE dmg faster than mages can deal 7000k (6x nova with minor resist) makes the AoE skills OP.

Once again, please refrain from the flaming and spamming my poor sharer ingame. We are all adults (I assume). 

I just wanna add that I will of course respect whatever conclusion the ApexKO staff comes to regarding this skill and not go around crying about it being a warrior server. Just as I assume you guys will not if the skill is being nerfed, if your chars is not sold by then :-)​

Thanks for actually posting a video and trying to test out the skills, we are moving in the right direction instead of your pointless flames about everyones elses brain capacity :-)

I however do not think that these videos are any proof that skill is not OP. Why?

1. You are fighting randoms who are not using their skills effectively. Just like when mages novaed 2k it was still easy to destroy random parties because they had no real timing and teamwork.

2. The party you are fighting consist of 4 warriors (who yet again is timing their skills poorly), when the real issue arises when melee parties come running with 6 warriors and decent on their priest or 5 warriors which decent on a stealthed rouge.

My clanmate tested the dmg, I believe he tested it with ScreameR(?), and the dmg for the 4 AoE skills were as followed:

1st = 1800

2nd = 1500

3rd = 1200

4th = 900​​

I believe that the fact that a warrior party (6 warriors) can deal 32000+ AoE dmg faster than mages can deal 7000k (6x nova with minor resist) makes the AoE skills OP.

Once again, please refrain from the flaming and spamming my poor sharer ingame. We are all adults (I assume). 

I just wanna add that I will of course respect whatever conclusion the ApexKO staff comes to regarding this skill and not go around crying about it being a warrior server. Just as I assume you guys will not if the skill is being nerfed, if your chars is not sold by then :-)​

i think, with a guide how to play against these skills it could be fixed aswell.

Note: we also vsed with several clans with 6 warriors with AOE's and they never killed us with the aoe's itself

1st = 1800

2nd = 1500

3rd = 1200

4th = 900​​

Without torment i used all 4 of my AoE's and i barely dropped his HP. That's what i am saying, we actually have to time our skills with debuff to deal serious damage. But as you can see in the video, if the priest times his party cure with the torment and the other priests uses the skill subside there's no dmg left. And that will result into an useless wave of AoE's and the mages can kill them easily as i've shown in the video, they ended up running.

Without torment i used all 4 of my AoE's and i barely dropped his HP. That's what i am saying, we actually have to time our skills with debuff to deal serious damage. But as you can see in the video, if the priest times his party cure with the torment and the other priests uses the skill subside there's no dmg left. And that will result into an useless wave of AoE's and the mages can kill them easily as i've shown in the video, they ended up running.

note, they did cure after subside, so dmg was normal, just without torment