• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
Aesteris

Our thoughts on improving the server (part 2)

Are these changes better?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are these changes better?

• Yes
    • No

if you make once more fun of me ill bribe admins with my daddys CC and bann you !!! ok!!!!!?!??!?

oh i wasn't making fun, just assumed most people here didn't understand 'i spend 135135k on dying servers and cry if they try to make it better' language, tried translating a bit.

+1 acceseries? That better not be +1 roc and stuff like that wtf? If it is then u guys have lost ur mind

dont worry it will be opal rings +1, fire belt, elemental necklace and crystal earrings.

This is the problem of making an open poll for changes: 99% of the people are clueless on what will actually have a great impact on the server and what not and those particular people end up clouding the correct judgment and action to take. Just like I sounded like a broken record asking for the quest item bosses to be spawned at eslant since Apex V1 and it wasn't applied causing major decrease in population this will also not be effective. I'll tell you why for one last time, though:

Here's how the new players, the regular john does, the people who would have the capability to crowd the server think: "I will NOT join a server that is alredy in a late stage, and have only the 3rd best armor (no matter the ac dif between them). I will NOT join a server that is alredy in a late stage that has a lot of players with very shiny +9 weapons and I don't. And oh, I will REFUSE to join a server that is alredy in a late stage with a lot of high ranked players with iron set while I'm given a "begginer iron set" to fool me. But I WILL join a server, that is alredy in a late stage, if I can see what everyone got and feel comfortable knowing that we're balanced at the same level and I still have space to farm and attend events for a bit better items, but those items are not crucial for my mage clan to have fun, or for me and my 3 friends to log in and do some pk or for my group of 50 people who will want to join and show who's the new boss around". That is the mindset.

The hard/medium farming phase of this server is gone for now. Just like every other server, the farming stage has an expiration date and this server has reached it and it's no ones fault. That's a fact and it can't be helped that's just how private servers work. I could go on and on about the reason why this happens but it's not important.

Of course that what is being suggested here will help to gain some new users (I don't actually think so) but I can assure you that, in no more than a month or two, a new topic just like this one, will be opened seeing that this is clearly an obvious pattern.

Df set +8 acceseries +0 unupgradable untradeable or else if u give +1 acceseries to newbies ur gonna hear a lot of rage for people who farmed and people who paid to make +1's, This is not a farm server anymore at all, if u give them +1 uniques HELL UR ALREADY GIVING THEM HIGH CLASS WEAPONS +8 reverse, thats half way to +11, +0 uniques is WAY more than enough

And for you dumb ass trollers, u guys need to stfu already for real

This is the problem of making an open poll for changes: 99% of the people are clueless on what will actually have a great impact on the server and what not and those particular people end up clouding the correct judgment and action to take. Just like I sounded like a broken record asking for the quest item bosses to be spawned at eslant since Apex V1 and it wasn't applied causing major decrease in population this will also not be effective. I'll tell you why for one last time, though:

Here's how the new players, the regular john does, the people who would have the capability to crowd the server think: "I will NOT join a server that is alredy in a late stage, and have only the 3rd best armor (no matter the ac dif between them). I will NOT join a server that is alredy in a late stage that has a lot of players with very shiny +9 weapons and I don't. And oh, I will REFUSE to join a server that is alredy in a late stage with a lot of high ranked players with iron set while I'm given a "begginer iron set" to fool me. But I WILL join a server, that is alredy in a late stage, if I can see what everyone got and feel comfortable knowing that we're balanced at the same level and I still have space to farm and attend events for a bit better items, but those items are not crucial for my mage clan to have fun, or for me and my 3 friends to log in and do some pk or for my group of 50 people who will want to join and show who's the new boss around". That is the mindset.

The hard/medium farming phase of this server is gone for now. Just like every other server, the farming stage has an expiration date and this server has reached it and it's no ones fault. That's a fact and it can't be helped that's just how private servers work. I could go on and on about the reason why this happens but it's not important.

Of course that what is being suggested here will help to gain some new users (I don't actually think so) but I can assure you that, in no more than a month or two, a new topic just like this one, will be opened seeing that this is clearly an obvious pattern.

99% of the "clueless" people just want things they like themselves on a server. There are millions of options, its crazy task to build one that would satisfy everyone.

Perhaps the new patch will change the activity of the server, perhaps not. I still think its worth giving a shot and see what happens.

But by making this change, it will "tag" the future servers in a way that players will sell their stuff for $$$ even faster when they are afraid of losing something worthy on this stage.

Saying not adding quest mobs into eslant caused major decrease on population, that's nonsense. There are way bigger obstacles to go over than skill items.

Will i play after the "pk-patch", yes. Will i play more than 1 month, no. Will i play/recommend Apex V3 with current setup, no.

Df set +8 acceseries +0 unupgradable untradeable or else if u give +1 acceseries to newbies ur gonna hear a lot of rage for people who farmed and people who paid to make +1's, This is not a farm server anymore at all, if u give them +1 uniques HELL UR ALREADY GIVING THEM HIGH CLASS WEAPONS +8 reverse, thats half way to +11, +0 uniques is WAY more than enough

what a dumb he think this df sets+8 and weapons gonna be upgradable zuahaha

Saying not adding quest mobs into eslant caused major decrease on population, that's nonsense. There are way bigger obstacles to go over than skill items.

At the 1st day of Apex v2, since I could not play, I just sat in moradon counting the amount of players at launch. It reached between 900 to 1200 legit players. So many mage clans, and a huge variety of players. Late of day 1 and start of day 2 when people started to hit level 70 and seeing that they did not have opened skills (specially 99% of mage clans that saw they didn't have crucials skills), more than a third of those alredy quitted. Some stayed to check it out if it was gonna be easy or hard to get the items to unlock the skills and when they got their answer a huge wave left again. By day 4, the server didn't even have 500 players out of the whole 1000 it could easily have. That is not the main reason, of course, but it was a huge one.

It did happen, you just did not see it or knew why.

ItzMrStuypid, ur not even playing the game dawg stop complaining pls

I could see Dragon Scale (+8) working as well, it'd make it easier to progress, reducing the perceived barrier of getting better.

I think the server is pretty easily set up already, but we need something massive to get new players at this point - if PK and activity were fine there'd be no need, but both are just falling down a steep slope (faster than our expectations). The time to be asking for respect is not now, and I feel as if we're already doing anything we can to 'show respect' to those who've been loyal - what'd be disrespectful (in my opinion) is not doing anything, not involving the community in whats happening and just wait for it to die in a few weeks and go for a relaunch (which is way easier on us and will probably yield more, if you still think that's the main reason for this to even exist....); However that's not what we're doing, as we are coming up with ideas and involve you guys in them. However, biting the bullet and going ahead with the changes may very well be the last chance we get at reviving this and not let the current server, and with it, your gear and characters, go to a waste.

If there wasnt such dumb NTs about 1-2 months ago the balance would be fine and the server would still be active af like it was... These bonehead NTs made people leave cause there was no PK and then yall move more clans around and it got even worse.... SMH

The thing is this, there are players that have played since the beginning that actually did their farming and hard work without using a cc to get their items, obviously they won't like the idea that new people will have better stuff then  them after they worked hard to be where they are at. Now i am one of the few that farmed and worked hard for their items, i don't mind people getting DF+8, +8 rev items, even +0 uniques seem more reasonable to me, but the whole giving them rosetta 8 with only a few ac difference from krowaz, yes we all want new players, but you got to give the ones who worked for their stuff some type of respect, you guys keep saying gg items but no pk, but then what about those who worked hard, was all of our work for nothing?, give those players some consideration rather then the full geared already but no pk excuse. DF+8/+8 rev non tradeable nonupgradeable is good, uniques+0 nonupgradeable is good, rosetta 8 and +1's is a bad idea to me because it devalues krowaz and the +1's that were already made.

this topic is really funny haha check comments who paid usd for own gear now cryin here about farm and work for old players :D itzmrrocket , mrwoodcock full babashopper get his gear with usd now talkin about old players work :D We NEED LONG FIGHTS not short. now 1-2 babashopper are comin and killin fastly and other side going moradon all pk is this.i hope you udnerstand what i mean. +1 uniques and +8 rosettas good for real pk.

how long does the starter gear last? or is this just gear you keep for the long haul? and if so can everyone get the starter gear seeing as some people are still rolling with dragon +7 set no names...(chronicle). lolol

Aesteris/Alpha, what is the E.T.A. for this new phase of ApexKo and how soon do you plan on advertising? This is one aspect we must capitalize on, because within the following 2-4 weeks there will be other servers opening either in beta or official. More importantly, this presents us with a window of opportunity as there will be a large pool of players, even outside of currently existing private servers, circulating the "Ko4Life private server section" to play as summer is almost here (USA) and for the most part a lot of gamers with nothing to do since school will be over. Perhaps, create an event rewarding players for the one who is able to promote ApexKo the most throughout mass forums. Take for example, rewarding first place with a certain amount of KC, 2nd with ~75% of first place and 3rd with ~50% of first place.

Needless to say, from a realisitic perspective or atleast my own, this is it. The next few weeks will dictate the longevity of this server. Now, I understand there is value of work placed for those who have farmed for their gear, including myself, but we must keep in mind the BIGGER PICTURE here; Keeping this server alive. This needs to have top priority over all else.

this topic is really funny haha check comments who paid usd for own gear now cryin here about farm and work for old players :D itzmrrocket , mrwoodcock full babashopper get his gear with usd now talkin about old players work :D We NEED LONG FIGHTS not short. now 1-2 babashopper are comin and killin fastly and other side going moradon all pk is this.i hope you udnerstand what i mean. +1 uniques and +8 rosettas good for real pk.

One of the names you called out are players that actually made their items ingame, you guys always claiming those who spent real $$$ for their items complaining, but most complaining are those that actually made their items, also making the server completely pk( giving everyone full items without even trying a little ) kinda puts a big F U to the face of those who did do the hard work don't you think?