• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
Aesteris

Our thoughts on improving the server (part 2)

Are these changes better?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are these changes better?

• Yes
    • No

Hey guys,

For those who don't know what's going on, read this post;

I'm glad the suggestions are being received rather well and the food for thought is more than I could've hoped for. I would like to point out that "going ahead and burning your items" at this point could do more harm than good for yourself.

A few things I gather from (most) replies, with some of my own thoughts :

1. Increase farming rates (perhaps keep the percentage the same, but let the items drop at higher +'s, say +5 instead of +1)

Reason : Considering the starter gear is 'up there' but unupgradable and untradable, there needs to be something that'll let the players do something during "down time", such as work on their gear. Starting from (+1) will be tedious and unrewarding, increasing the grade at which the items drop will make it more attractive and liven up the farm spots around Ronark Land.

2. Increase anvil rates (only slightly, up to +8)

Reason : Ties in with the above, seeing starter gear is 'up there', if the rates are low-ish (with the current drop rates, just changed grade at which it drops) and players are having a discouraging amount of time invested in trying to beat their starter gear only to see them not even get close. The slight increase should help in this regard a little (~5% increase to (+7), ~3% increase to (+8))

3. Add 2000HP / 350AC scrolls to Sundries

Reason : Turks love this, we need turks.

4. Change drop table on Chaos Stone (Replace old uniques with normal uniques, decrease drop rate)

Reason : The starter gear, again, is quite up there - but it's untradable and unupgradable. Decreasing the drop rate, and replacing them with normal uniques will make the Chaos Stone bosses more attractive for both new & old.

5. Decrease Chaos Stone spawn time

Reason : Increase PK encounters, also allow solo players a chance at getting a normal unique (rather than it being completely dominated by clans / whoever rules CZ at the time)

6. Decrease Isiloon spawn time (8h -> 4~6h?)

Reason : Increase PK encounters, seeing the starter gear won't feature the 'full blown' iron uniques, this will keep Isiloon a highly contested spawn.

7. Change the starter gear to :

- +8 reverse high-class weapons

- +5 reverse Rosetta armors

- +1 accessories (non-upgradable, non-tradable), starter belt (as mentioned before, with 20AC instead of 0), starter neck (as mentioned before)

Reason : The server is 4 months old by now, without a significant incentive for someone new (or a whole clan) to start and be able to compete right away, there is little to no point doing anything we've suggested. All of the items are untradable and unupgradable, with the intention to keep value to farming your own, as well as providing those that do join a 'route' to improving their gear. 

8. Rework event rewards, remove Apexis Chest from Sundries

- Event rewards (new) Apexis Chest, drops include :

1. chance for Krowaz armor (+1)

2. higher chance for Rosetta Armor (+3)

3. highest chance for Dragon Scale Armor (+6)

4. higher chance for Hepa weapons (+6)

5. chance for Exceptional Hepa weapons (+6)

6. 5 of the high-tier Bifrost fragments

7. 3 of the high-tier Juraid fragments

8. 3 Green Treasure chests

Reason : Liven up the events, and provide a nice path for everyone to follow to get better gear.

- Forgotten Temple rewards :

1. 2 Blue Chests

2. 1 New Apexis Chest

- Border Defense War rewards :

1. 2 New Apexis Chest

- Chaos Rewards :

1. 4 New Apexis Chest for #1

2. 3 New Apexis Chest for #2

3. 2 New Apexis Chest for #3

4. 1 New Apexis Chest for top 60% (excluding 1, 2, 3)

- Krowaz zone event :

1. Time increased to 2 hours

2. Slightly increased drop rates on Black Keys

- Bifrost zone event :

1. Increased drop rates for Fragments

- Juraid Mountain event :

1. 3 gems for winning (instead of 2)

2. Increased drop rates on gems

9. Increase boss' strength in Eslant, and increase their drop rate

Reason : Move the focus of obtaining normal uniques to Ronark Land (ties in with Chaos Stone changes)

Let us know what you all think about these changes!

Hey guys,

I'm glad the suggestions are being received rather well and the food for thought is more than I could've hoped for. I would like to point out that "going ahead and burning your items" at this point could do more harm than good for yourself.

1. Increase farming rates (perhaps keep the percentage the same, but let the items drop at higher +'s, say +5 instead of +1)  If your talking about shards in shit then yes. Rosetta No

2. Increase anvil rates (only slightly, up to +8) Not okay with it as the loyal people and not the people who want shit handed to us worked for our shit. It's not going to help anyone but the freeloaders. If they can't work for +8 they need to go play rune scape.

3. Add 2000HP / 350AC scrolls to Sundries All for it. Scrolls need to be 5m each and 2k/350 10m each.

4. Change drop table on Chaos Stone (Replace old uniques with normal uniques, decrease drop rate) That's a big mistake. Clans will have CS on farm and guess what? +2s incoming.

5. Decrease Chaos Stone spawn time I feel it's fine how it is. Keep in mind players who are active and loyal will only farm the shit out of CS. It will only help those players gear even more. Not the best idea.

6. Decrease Isiloon spawn time (8h -> 4~6h?) I think it's a good idea. But I wouldn't do it now with 4 semi active clans.

- +8 reverse high-class weapons +7. No newb needs +8 anything handed to them that's just a stupid move
- +5 reverse Rosetta armors <- This is a joke give them shell 7 and if they can't work for it even a little by going to ft and getting 50 kills in cz for a chance at rosetta then they need to play Hello Kitty online.
- +1 accessories (non-upgradable, non-tradable), starter belt (as mentioned before, with 20AC instead of 0), starter neck (as mentioned before) LOL! no Old uniques give them old rols,rocs,sses, even thats to much but +1 why hand them shit we worked for!? They will do just fine with for Example. A new priest in CZ. Give me shell 7 set, agais shield, old sses, rols, bronze belt and a old neck of quickness. I will be fine.
 8. Rework event rewards, remove Apexis Chest from Sundries. Apex chest shouldn't be in sundires. +1 to this
1. chance for Krowaz armor (+1) <- not bad but that chance should be low low. Or krowaz zone becomes 100% useless
2. higher chance for Rosetta Armor (+3) ehh not bad.
3. highest chance for Dragon Scale Armor (+6) ehh not bad.
4. higher chance for Hepa weapons (+6) ehh not bad.
5. chance for Exceptional Hepa weapons (+6) ehh not bad.
6. 5 of the high-tier Bifrost fragments ehh not bad.
7. 3 of the high-tier Juraid fragments ehh not bad.
8. 3 Green Treasure chests ehh not bad.

- Forgotten Temple rewards : +1
1. 2 Blue Chests
2. 1 New Apexis Chest

- Border Defense War rewards : +1
1. 2 New Apexis Chest

- Chaos Rewards : Really though who goes to Chaos? LAWL

- Krowaz zone event : I guess? lol don't see that changing a whole lot. If anything reduce the mobs health by 20%

- Bifrost zone event : +1

- Juraid Mountain event : +1 remove krowaz mats from here. Gems only or ppl will fuck over others

9. Increase boss' strength in Eslant, and increase their drop rate +1

Comments in bold, once again.

Hey guys, HI

1. Increase farming rates (perhaps keep the percentage the same, but let the items drop at higher +'s, say +5 instead of +1)  +5s will do

2. Increase anvil rates (only slightly, up to +8) The increase of drop rates and starting from +5 imo already makes it easy enough.

3. Add 2000HP / 350AC scrolls to Sundries No thanks, let those who wish to donate for KC buy it from PUS. This will devalue KC.

4. Change drop table on Chaos Stone (Replace old uniques with normal uniques, decrease drop rate) Ok.

5. Decrease Chaos Stone spawn time No. It's not a rare event. It will give regular uniques.

6. Decrease Isiloon spawn time (8h -> 4~6h?) Yes. Creates more chance for teamwork to be rewarded. Can't solo hoard isiloon.

- +8 reverse high-class weapons Good. Please give kurians a sword/ax, not a raptor.
- +5 reverse Rosetta armors  I would go with dragon armor +8 instead to leave more room for improvements and less devaluing existing player gear. You say no point yet burning gear, but who exactly has a +8 rosetta set which btw is better for most classes than +7 krowaz
- +1 accessories (non-upgradable, non-tradable), starter belt (as mentioned before, with 20AC instead of 0), starter neck (as mentioned before) I like the old idea more that you can do 2 quests to get +0's and farm the last one from bosses. With Rosetta +8 it wont make much difference in PK if people start with +1 or +0, but it will matter for the players already here.

8. Rework event rewards, remove Apexis Chest from Sundries
1. chance for Krowaz armor (+1)
2. higher chance for Rosetta Armor (+3)
3. highest chance for Dragon Scale Armor (+6)
4. higher chance for Hepa weapons (+6)
5. chance for Exceptional Hepa weapons (+6)
6. 5 of the high-tier Bifrost fragments
7. 3 of the high-tier Juraid fragments
8. 3 Green Treasure chests  Why not blue chests?

- Forgotten Temple rewards :
1. 2 Blue Chests
2. 1 New Apexis Chest

- Border Defense War rewards :
1. 2 New Apexis Chest

- Chaos Rewards :

- Krowaz zone event :

- Bifrost zone event :

- Juraid Mountain event :

9. Increase boss' strength in Eslant, and increase their drop rate

What happened to medals and lvl 83?

i like all but rosetta no     myth  dragon scale  trial and rons +7 is all thats needed and +7 weapon or one of the new ones from chest...

I pk and farm solo and with clan  easy enouth and dont even have a full set of pads ...

Its not needed to make them super to start  give other pads and +7 weapon to start and let ppl farm...

Its better trying that than out gearing alot of ppl who have been loyal and worked for items ...  This is showing no respect to them players at all 

i like all but rosetta no     myth  dragon scale  trial and rons +7 is all thats needed and +7 weapon or one of the new ones from chest...

I pk and farm solo and with clan  easy enouth and dont even have a full set of pads ...

Its not needed to make them super to start  give other pads and +7 weapon to start and let ppl farm...

Its better trying that than out gearing alot of ppl who have been loyal and worked for items ...  This is showing no respect to them players at all 

I could see Dragon Scale (+8) working as well, it'd make it easier to progress, reducing the perceived barrier of getting better.

I think the server is pretty easily set up already, but we need something massive to get new players at this point - if PK and activity were fine there'd be no need, but both are just falling down a steep slope (faster than our expectations). The time to be asking for respect is not now, and I feel as if we're already doing anything we can to 'show respect' to those who've been loyal - what'd be disrespectful (in my opinion) is not doing anything, not involving the community in whats happening and just wait for it to die in a few weeks and go for a relaunch (which is way easier on us and will probably yield more, if you still think that's the main reason for this to even exist....); However that's not what we're doing, as we are coming up with ideas and involve you guys in them. However, biting the bullet and going ahead with the changes may very well be the last chance we get at reviving this and not let the current server, and with it, your gear and characters, go to a waste.

I would prefer that it be DF +8 because for those of us who farmed for our Rosetta Sets +7 lose all value. Unique should be +0 for starters and upgrading tate should stay the same since drops change to +5 as it is. I'm with the rest of the changes :)

check stats on rosetta +8 and krowaz +7 and then see how worthless krowaz +7 will be...    Why hand out the top grade items and make it almost pointless to farm or go krowaz uness its a +8 garantee upgrade...

Almost same def on +8  rosetta +8 as krowaz +7 but alot more str mp hp int dex drepends on what char u get ...

I know giving them +8 already makes ever  item i have usless and i been here since beta of server 1 

Rather voting for DF / mythril set +8 too for the armor part. That's really gg too, but won't make krowaz / rosetta lose as much value as beginner +8 rosettas would do. As for the rest i'm kinda ok with, especially loving the chaos event reward system.

i rly dont know why ppl complain about items involved on topic and about they work on farm. Probably on this server tuke farmed more than all and i dont see complain at all. why to have items and etc if you can fight only against atross riote? you rly need GG items to kill this monsters or want the next lvl and let the newcomers join us and let the fun just start? Hope to see the patch as soon is posible GG staff work

i rly dont know why ppl complain about items involved on topic and about they work on farm. Probably on this server tuke farmed more than all and i dont see complain at all. why to have items and etc if you can fight only against atross riote? you rly need GG items to kill this monsters or want the next lvl and let the newcomers join us and let the fun just start? Hope to see the patch as soon is posible GG staff work

it's not that the items are a problem, it's just  rosetta and krowaz share the same stats but have a def difference, but rosetta 8 is better then krowaz 7 in a long run( tested the difference already ) which would devalue krowaz big time, we want the newcomers to have a fighting chance, but not to devalue the best armor in the game.

They dont need  any more than +8 Myth ds trial rons   and olds to get a good start 

As it proves  in cz everytime i go in about 5 ppl on this server stand  to me  rest town run or call for a part of 8 with priests  then wine when i wont 1 v 4 to 8 ppl 

I only 3 nights ago made very first and only +8 part   

until 2 weeks ago i had all olds and not even full set of armors and pk nice with party or solo as long as its not over powered 1 v 4 and more .

If i can do it  99% of the ppl out there can   thats a garantee

They'll be added too, it's more of an 'addition to' / change to the previous rather than a whole new thing

I would add those ideas to this post as well, to avoid confusion, as I first thought this is the "result" of the last discussion.

you miss the point     of why bother farming if  pads that are great  and better than most would ever have in game . Only reason to farm more would be once 3 or 4 clans in your time zone get krwoaz +9