• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
Aesteris

Our thoughts on improving the server

The future of the server  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should go ahead with these changes?

• Yes
    • No

go with the patch and if doesnt work as we want u can always back. but do something because in the next days alot of server gonna open or they gonna open beta kinda bored to be around here when u can even make some pk after that hard farm upgrade

I would also like to put in perspective that if we do add Dragon Scale,Trials etc. at +8,there will still be plenty of farming left for Rosseta,Krowaz armors - people will actually have to attend events in order to obtain those,

which i think at the end is not a bad idea :) 

My comments are in bold:

First off, we want to start players at a higher level than we currently do; Namely between 80 to 83 (though really, 83 is probably what we'll be going for). When something as trivial as EXPing becomes a problem for newcomers, it gets harder and harder to get them to stay. We'd also like to point out that rebirthing your characters permanently improves them, so there still is some room for everyone to improve (as well as having the option to increase the rebirth level cap, say if anyone were interested).

Has to be 83. There is no EXPing anymore and there won't be. EXP has to be bosses in FT and reward from BDW/Juraid, this is the way to go.

Secondly, gear. Currently, the starter gear lines the newcomers up to being an easy pick even if they weren't bothered by the hardships in obtaining EXP.
Having said that, we're proposing the following changes to the starter gear:
(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Dragon Scale / Mythril / Ron's / Trial armor (+8/15)
(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Exceptional weapon(s) (+8/80)
(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Ring of Courage / Ring of Life / Shio Tears / Flame Ring / Imir Ring (+0)
(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Rogue Earring, Warrior Earring, Cleric Earring, Mage Earring (+0)
(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Starter Belt (which will have 70% of the Iron Belt weapon defences, with NO AC bonus)
(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Starter Necklace (which will have 70% of the Iron Necklace weapon defences, with NO HP / STR bonus)

Totally agree, this will also affect less the current value of armor as Rosetta and Krowaz armor will be the thing to get if you want to have a balanced advantage.

Furthermore, we want to add some incentives to join clans (or rather, to form them or be added to one) in the form of Clan bonuses.
Depending on how many players of your clan are online at the time, you will be receiving EXP, NP, and Drop Rate bonuses.

A big part of playing any MMO stands and falls with playing with friends, they are part of the fun and reason you play (this may not go for everyone, but I know it does for me). Incentivising this seems like a good step forward to expanding our community and getting new players involved.

I like this, but would not like to see these bonuses be larger than 15-20% with a full clan. Also, boost eslant talos and SQ so it would once again become a clan activity to hunt, not solo farm for those who just care about USD sales.

On top of that, we want to be adding quests to Ronark Land, similar to the ones that are repeatable, however these will be one-off (or twice-off).
These quests will allow (new and old) to gather some diversity for their gear. They'll be rewarding untradable, upgradable uniques of your choice (limited to what we provide ofcourse, but think 2 quests between which you can choose Elf-Metal Earring / Silver Earring, similar ones for other slots).

Good idea, perfect would be twice-off if we can combine these with tradable versions so for every +1 we need to complete both quests and get one from a boss.

Finally, for those that don't like to (or don't want to) farm, we'll be adding a NP -> Medal system, similar to the one official used to have. To not overpower those that are already at the top ranks of NP holders, this will be using your monthly contribution, rather than your overall contribution; Meaning you'll have to be active to be able to reap the rewards.

I would see this rather as using overall contribution, but the monthly for determning eligibility. So NPS are drained from the NPS economy.

Change mining and fishing; We don't want this to be similar to the first iteration of mining / fishing, mind you - but we do want to make it feel worth doing as something when you don't have a lot of time. We're aware this will make people want to multiclient or otherwise cheat the system, however we could look into adding a monthly NP requirement to be able to mine using the new drop tables (or otherwise be 'stuck' to the old one). Possibly even letting it scale off of monthly NP, with a cap implemented of course. Further incentivising playing properly.

Yes, but only the worst frags and gems like it currently is. But with a twist: mining can get gems and fishing can get fragments. Lose the wormswe get from mining. Worms could be bought from sundries like arrows but so that 9999 worms is a million noah.

For all existing players who've played at least 20 hours in the past month (counted back from the day we implement these changes, once we do), will receive 14 days of Cospre items, Wings, Pathos Gloves, and a pet transformation scroll of their choice (the pet system is close to being released).

Nice! :) And please add a player moderator post who is part of the staff (he should have the power to e.g mute people but that's it). 

Aesteris, what you are trying to do is good but it still won't help. Here's what you have to do to in order to have a full server again (and this is the only move):

1) Announce this as a new stage in the server with video saying that a new phase will start. A full PK phase, make a big fuss about it. This has to be spammed in every single forum;

2) Everyone should get for free the following items (all untradable, of course)

- Rosetta set +8/15

- Full set of accessories +1, including iron set but +0, yes.

- About weapons: this will be quite tricky because of the alredy existing +9s so the right thing to do would be to provide all high class weapons +9 as well

3) With that being followed all the farming aspect of the game will be focused only on krowaz weapons and armors and accessories +2, all the events drop table have to be re-done to drop those. Everyone will want to join Juraid,BDW and Chaos if the goal is to get materials for krowaz items.

4) Enable the website so the players can see what other player's items are.

A few players will be lost but the server will gain hundreds. Once they see how great, well managed, bug free and balanced this server is. Providing the gear that OP mentioned won't help at all.

There is no half-term here either you go all-in or do nothing at all and watch this die, again.

PS.: For the people who farmed and are complaining that all their hardwork will be lost: all your hardwork would be lost anyway if there's no players. You alredy made use of the items you acquired and are ahead of everyone else. Ahead of all the new players who would join, so use your head.

this and nothing else

^

This is not light farm, this I would say is full PK. Might as well then just cap server at +8 and give everybody same gear and just PK with no events. But there is truth of course to what Manhattan means - difference between new players and old has to be minimal. Giving them +7 DF means the cap is too big.

Just burned 8x items +6 to +7 in a row! now with this rate you expect beginners stay long?

If they start with +8's and can get items with medals then I dont see a problem for someone to quit because they burned 8x +6 to +7.

1. starter pack and item renting is enough i think. here is a farm server, not just a pvp. 

2. utc not necesarry. just bring buju for warriors, like true silver for asasins. but not unique one. buju is good.

3. getting unique accesorries for np medals is a good idea for new comers, and for pk too. 

4. we want buju :) 

but unique buju polearm has high attack, only put normal buju to sundries or as a drop to dark knights at cz. 

buju +1 = 146 attack

buju polearm +1 = 158 attack 

we want normal buju for the win :)=

this is slowly heading the same way as other server... Ones with Money to buy KC will own so much and gbs will be pointless 

Might as well   just add end items to pus and let the ones with no lives and money buy it all  get rich then server can die after ....

Giving anything more than myth trial rons dragon scale +7 and olds +0  is not needed ...

I go up against anyone in server  loose few times  win more than loose ... My items are no where classed as good top end ones  but i can pk with them items  i know lots others that can ...

Give what is needed to start  not have the ppl who been here since beginin turn there items to worthlesss things 

What you need to understand is that we're not looking into staying a farm server for now - sadly there is no future in that at this point,we would just be losing population.

Going full PK is something i have nothing against but yet again,we wish to keep the sense of light farming in the game.

I think the thing we have mentioned in Aesteris point of view is something that will definetly attract new people,it might make some of our old players uncomfortable but it's something that has to be done on some point.

When you're writing these replays try to think of it as a newcomer who is starting up,you wish to have fun and still do everything - exp,farm and ofcourse PK.

The first topic is pretty much some information i gathered up while talking to over 10 different clans,that could join the server if we see some sort of changes,but at this point they don't want to. 

To add on to that, instead of putting all of these changes in one go, with proper advertisement done upfront and getting the word out there with clans interested, we could attempt to implement these changes for a weekend only (starting early on a Friday) and see how many players we'd be able to draw in with these changes. If they turn out for the worst (e.g. it doesn't really achieve much of anything), we'll still be able to go back and try working a different direction - which in the end won't hurt what we have right now, and may simply liven up PK for the weekend we do run it at.

Applying the changes for a trial period (one weekend as you said) is alright but you won't see any diference in numbers of population since it will be an internal change. Also, IF all these changes do happen, it can only work if applied properly otherwise it will go to waste as well.

By applied properly, I mean:

- Add a new countdown timer on every forum topic at least 1 week (2 weeks is ideal) before the new phase is implemented as well as reformulating the topics clearing that it will be a full pk stage, just like if it was a relaunch but obviosuly stating that it is just a new phase in the server.

- Create a nice video displaying the exact items that players will receive. Make use of this and show some nice action.

- Never forget this: enable the website to display the user's items. I know the reason that this wasn't enabled in the farm phase but on the PK phase there is no reason not to do it and it is actually a very important detail to gain huge volume of players.

PS.: As I said, the tricky part would be to choose what weapons to give out. I am absolutely sure that regular high class weapons +9 is the only way but if chosen to do that, there will be a need to do some changes in the drop table. There has to still be a need to farm Juraid, FT, Bifrost and jamadar weapons but that will only be worth it if they alredy come at +8 and then people work their way to +9 so farming it will be worthwhile, otherwise the struggle to go through the process of dropping and upgrading those items from +1 to +9 (because only at +9 it will be worth it compared to the supposed begginer gear) won't be worth it. Also a major drop rate increase on high class items +1, so people farm them to make hepa's.

PS2.: Krowaz items farming should stay just the way it currently is but also, somehow, add them as a reward on BDW, Chaos and Juraid events so people would really want to attend it. Either as materials to manufacture it or something else. This one is just my opinion though. It will be really important to have active events, so creating a need to join them is a must to have a break in the PK so people don't get bored. Boredom = failure.

Soap said someting along the lines of bb im leaving and rocket, match and john are disagreeing with it.  geared priest 10k hp? wtf lol maybe with undy already :D and ofcourse you should be able to buy on sundries would be my suggestion but thankyou for trying to belittle my input ofcourse slaughter, who else would :P

No one is trying to belittle you berg, don't get so offended, soap always talks like that when it comes to change, but we aren't leaving, also yea a good geared priest can have 10k hp on 2k and 1500 sc, i'm talking about the full geared priests, examples of brook, tuke( when he was priest), sick, parasitic just to name a few of the known geared priests, but undy sc is also too op for warriors aswell, think about it like this, a sin currently in just+8's and +1's can barely kill a warrior in semi decent gear( not talking about rentals ), picture veni or hesp with undy sc on, unkillable tanks, i think your undy sc idea is good, but then again there was a reason it wasn't added before because it is an op item, i mean hell if there is going to be undy sc might aswell add duration pots. That's just my opinion on your suggestion, i agree, but i also disagree because it does make the strong get stronger.

O.T

I would love to see the server go towards more pk, yea farming for the best items is great, but i think everyone here keeps forgetting what the end game is, once your full geared the next thing there is to do is pk, i would rather be able to log in and go to cz and see big fights going on, instead of seeing sb full of people calling for the other nation to come cz.

well if sick and parasitic are gear priest that proof once again they are totaly unskill xD

ps: uniques +1 for all new comers iron set 70% good idea!

they got skill it's just they are fighting 2-3 human pts while you fight 1 orc pt

Aesteris, what you are trying to do is good but it still won't help. Here's what you have to do to in order to have a full server again (and this is the only move):

1) Announce this as a new stage in the server with video saying that a new phase will start. A full PK phase, make a big fuss about it. This has to be spammed in every single forum;

2) Everyone should get for free the following items (all untradable, of course)

- Rosetta set +8/15

- Full set of accessories +1, including iron set but +0, yes.

- About weapons: this will be quite tricky because of the alredy existing +9s so the right thing to do would be to provide all high class weapons +9 as well

3) With that being followed all the farming aspect of the game will be focused only on krowaz weapons and armors and accessories +2, all the events drop table have to be re-done to drop those. Everyone will want to join Juraid,BDW and Chaos if the goal is to get materials for krowaz items.

4) Enable the website so the players can see what other player's items are.

A few players will be lost but the server will gain hundreds. Once they see how great, well managed, bug free and balanced this server is. Providing the gear that OP mentioned won't help at all.

There is no half-term here either you go all-in or do nothing at all and watch this die, again.

PS.: For the people who farmed and are complaining that all their hardwork will be lost: all your hardwork would be lost anyway if there's no players. You alredy made use of the items you acquired and are ahead of everyone else. Ahead of all the new players who would join, so use your head.

^ Listen to this man. He put it quite roughly there, but it's pretty much the only way to get attractive again.

Dragons could be +7 untradable but upgradable, so new ppl can gamble that and will need to farm if they burn all. :D

Problem with this is you can just create & delete characters for more starter items, throw them in your inn, and then just keep trying to upgrade them on your main.