• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
Aesteris

Our thoughts on improving the server

The future of the server  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should go ahead with these changes?

• Yes
    • No

give dragon set   myth rons  trial +7  maybe a normal weapon  rappy elixer II so on +8  old jewely to start  rol roc what is needed for that char...

PPl dont need more to start  

If give to much then will kill the old players who worked for items  and not just spend on kc to buy it ....

Bring in things  so they can compete and the ds myth trial rons +7 is enouth to farm with easy...

give dragon set   myth rons  trial +7  maybe a normal weapon  rappy elixer II so on +8  old jewely to start  rol roc what is needed for that char...

PPl dont need more to start  

If give to much then will kill the old players who worked for items  and not just spend on kc to buy it ....

Bring in things  so they can compete and the ds myth trial rons +7 is enouth to farm with easy...

someone with a normal brain, finally

I like the idea, i'd even go +7 rosettas for newcomers cause being real you can buy mythril +8 for like 5gb or less right now and honestly if anyone has those armors im still going to kill them. I think the only things that should be hard to obtain in this server is ironneck/belt glass belt and all uniques +/1/2 as well as all cursed items and +9 items in general. A suggestion being give starters +8 hepa weapons instead of normal ones. I think keeping the people that have stuck with you for the long run deserve the advantage of using +1/2uniques and +9 items for now over the newcomers.  Also a big suggestion would be to add UNDY SCROLLS adding these scrolls increases everyones ability to live obviously which makes pk fights longer cause as of right now everyone has high amounts of ap but low hp which really does not favor people with lesser gear, priests having like 8-9k hp is a joke when 5warriors can hit u twice and ur dead basically without a mage to tp you or another priest to heal u.

overall great idea imo buff the newcomers even more. you may lose a few players that being perfectstrangers by the look of it but every other clan sees what you're trying to do and will stick with you.

also just adding on another idea, maybe buff newcomers items to iron set+0 and uniques+1 and give players that have played 20hours or more like you said a buffed unique set of +2s with iron set+0 or +1. Thats basically making it a legit pvp server but also giving old players a minor advantage in getting few more stat points from the +2 uniques which would total like 15dex,10-15hp and like 30ac all up and that is honestly not a big advantage but atleast its an advantage where we dont have to farm for uniques now besides iron sets really.

No more than the rons  ds  myth  trial is needed to get a good start and be able to farm items to better easy

Forget rosetta and rest  thats for farming not make ppl who just start be out gearing alot of ppl who been here from beging...

Olds and the first set  is good enouth  ds +7 is better than shell +8  and so on for any class....

Anyone with cursed items  not have a gabs on priest will get owned if not play smart    but ppl are doin it now  so make the new commers do a little work for items and not everything on a platter

I voted yes and here are my thoughts as a beginnerr:

• Beginners should start at level 1 but with an increased XP rate or a longer free premium or a higher XP bonus from quests. If it's a farm server I think it would be fun to also have this PVE feature to build characters from lv 1. Now XP penalty at level 81 should be removed, I have lvl upped to 81 in 2 days and it was easy and fun but now I'm stuck at 81 and there is no XP parties around! I'm thinking to quit to be honest because I can't make it to 83 and solo XP'n is boring and hard.
  • Remove this items rental system. There should be a non-tradeable/non-upgradeable beginner items WITHOUT expiration such as a set rosseta+7, new weps like Ascalon/kerykeion (which are equivalent to cursed+7 and also remove these items from obtaining in game, only should be available as beginner items) and set unique accessories as well as iron set+0. Since accessories can be upgraded to +2 in this server I see nothing wrong for beginners to get iron set +0, Every warrior out there got a raptor +11 and without iron set no matter how good your armor is you die so easily. Iron set+0 is a must if you want to attract more players. Not many hunt eslant bosses or babashop so if they see they have no wep def they usually give up easily.
  • Add cool and interesting drops to mobs in CZ such as Booro, Balogs. For example they should drop materials to manufacture krowaz /cursed weps. That will attract more farming parties and also good for raiding. Right now there are so few priests and without heals you cannot farm enigma, hell fire, havoc. So it's just blood seeker and beasts!
  • To go to Krowaz land only on certain time and to pass those traps, I don't think so it worth the trouble, That's why everytime I go there it's empty and nobody is farming! This farming for krowaz/cursed weps should be added to CZ for more activity and raids.
  • Give more rewards to kill opposite nation in CZ, I see there is already some nice daily, weekly quests but still It could benefit from more quests with better rewards. Maybe medals could be rewarded this way.
  • Accessories upgrade to +1 and +2 should be fail safe.
  • Item upgrading to +7 right now is ok but from +7 to +8 is so damn hard. I've seen someone burn 15x raptor+7 to +8 without success and hell upping from +1 rev to +11 rev is a long way and needs lots of patience and luck. If you increase success rate from +7 to +8 that way beginners could have a chance to make a +11 rev to compete with babas.

These are just a few random ideas, I hope some could be helpful.

. you may lose a few players that being perfectstrangers by the look of it but every other clan sees what you're trying to do and will stick with you.

Who said any of us were going to leave?, we support the idea of buffing the newcomers, doesn't matter if they are in df+7/8 or rosetta, still got the means to drop them like a bad habit in cz, but honestly newcomers do need some survivability, but undy sc i disagree with cause that's just makes the strong stronger, example is a full geared priest currently is right at 10k almost and a full geared warrior is over 10k hp on 1500 sc( or 2k ) undy is 60% of their base hp, putting the geared warriors almost at 13k+ and geared priests at 11-13k hp, even giving newcomers +8 armor and +0 uniques still puts them at a disadvantage, plus unless this sc is easily obtainable it makes those who do spend abit in pus more p2w.

I know a lot of people will feel like they wasted their time farming, but what you farming for if there's no action in CZ? This server was meant to be light farm(which wasn't), and more action in cz. Also all of your gears won't mean shit if you cant even use them in cz due to lack of pk. People need to stop whining and just suck it up. I rather not have this server die or restart again, I invested too much time on this game already. Just accept the fact that these changes are necessary for this server to grow and continuing to have fun. As far upg rate goes, I think +7 to +8 upg rate or +6 to +7 needs to be boosted, and leave rebirth as it is. Also u can boost the accessory upgrade rate :)

Manhattan's idea isnt bad at all but i would give that items with expiration date of maybe 10-15 days(iron set 70-80% could stay)  and i would increase upgrade rates for all items exept krowaz so ppl can easier make their items,also i would make possible straight upgrade from +8 to +9 for weapons

also since people bitching about their current rosetta or myth gears, have them turn in their +7 or +8 to chaotic generator for some type of gg reward?(have it open for couple days) Also during that time frame, people shouldnt be able obtain mythril or rosetta from apex chest or through crafting (so people wont be able to abuse it)

Soap said someting along the lines of bb im leaving and rocket, match and john are disagreeing with it.  geared priest 10k hp? wtf lol maybe with undy already :D and ofcourse you should be able to buy on sundries would be my suggestion but thankyou for trying to belittle my input ofcourse slaughter, who else would :P 

Manhattan's idea isnt bad at all but i would give that items with expiration date of maybe 10-15 days(iron set 70-80% could stay)  and i would increase upgrade rates for all items exept krowaz so ppl can easier make their items,also i would make possible straight upgrade from +8 to +9 for weapons

Would you play in Apex if you just started with +8 gear, old uniques and against guys with +9 weapons and iron sets and farming for +9 being dead? No. This is like having an expiration date on when the new guy leaves :)

i said with increased upgrade rate ppl can make +9 and not all ppl here have +9 items or full +2 uniques.i dont have full set rosetta +8 and i dont have my uniques. +2.btw u can solo farm weapons why is it dead,and if they make easier upgrad ppl can make their +9 weapons.and yes i would play on apex if i get from start set rosetta +8 full uniques +1 heppa shard +8 or shards +9.also i would make new chars 83 lvl from start so u can make new char get ur items and pk again.in meantime u can farm ur gear.expiration will only make ppl farm for gear instead of deleting and taking starter items again.Some ppl will not farm at all if they are here for pk only so they can delete their char every 2 weeks and retake starter items.

Just a small update, I've read all of the posts and am considering how we can change or improve the idea for the best possible outcome, I'll probably update this somewhere later today :)

It seems a majority agrees with the general direction outlined in the post, if you don't - please do vote against it, every vote counts! As said in the first post, if there is no majority we won't be going through with it and will try to find a different direction to take it!

Just a small update, I've read all of the posts and am considering how we can change or improve the idea for the best possible outcome, I'll probably update this somewhere later today :)

It seems a majority agrees with the general direction outlined in the post, if you don't - please do vote against it, every vote counts! As said in the first post, if there is no majority we won't be going through with it and will try to find a different direction to take it!

To add on to that, instead of putting all of these changes in one go, with proper advertisement done upfront and getting the word out there with clans interested, we could attempt to implement these changes for a weekend only (starting early on a Friday) and see how many players we'd be able to draw in with these changes. If they turn out for the worst (e.g. it doesn't really achieve much of anything), we'll still be able to go back and try working a different direction - which in the end won't hurt what we have right now, and may simply liven up PK for the weekend we do run it at.

lol fuck no. they will hve better items than me? 

its not the new players items thats fault.. but the levels, people are lazy solo.
they dont have anyone to play with so they quit after a few days again.

Couple of other things you might want to consider:
Limit max weapon/armor enchant to +8

Limit max accessory enchant to +0

Free auto-loot
And just ban people permanently when they break a rule. (Lure, ks, bug, multi client, macro whatever...)
If someone wants to go afk in forgotten temple, good luck then... 5 times he will succeed probably cos GM won't see it but 6th time a GM will just ban all his account and he will come and cry here and quit server...
Honestly, I prefer such people to quit rather than having them here like parasite.

To add on to that, instead of putting all of these changes in one go, with proper advertisement done upfront and getting the word out there with clans interested, we could attempt to implement these changes for a weekend only (starting early on a Friday) and see how many players we'd be able to draw in with these changes. If they turn out for the worst (e.g. it doesn't really achieve much of anything), we'll still be able to go back and try working a different direction - which in the end won't hurt what we have right now, and may simply liven up PK for the weekend we do run it at.

everything is good but dragon scale for starters better not be +8/ it should be +7

It depends on the feedback we get, how it's received by you guys, and wether we need to make changes to the plan (which at the moment seems likely). It is the top priority on our list however and could be pushed out as early as this weekend, provided we've worked out what people are saying and improve upon the idea. The backend support for doing all of this should (mostly) be there, so it's a more a matter of specifics.

It depends on the feedback we get, how it's received by you guys, and wether we need to make changes to the plan (which at the moment seems likely). It is the top priority on our list however and could be pushed out as early as this weekend, provided we've worked out what people are saying and improve upon the idea. The backend support for doing all of this should (mostly) be there, so it's a more a matter of specifics.

This will be a total failure if the starting armors and weapons won't be +8. As I see it, there is a dilemma between those who want to have as big advantage as possible (e.g ItzMrRocket) and those who care about the server getting a higher population.