• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
Aesteris

Our thoughts on improving the server

The future of the server  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should go ahead with these changes?

• Yes
    • No

On that note of Maaz.  I think we should implement +3 accesories and +21 rev as max upgrade. This will make people want to upgrade more, boost market and also still maintain the differential that exists while implementing higher or boosted rental gear. so Win Win for everyone.

terrible idea

+10/+3 is like out of the question just sets us back to the start. The DF +8 isn't bad but for those who have worked for their gear and isn't better than DF +8 should somehow be compensated. That seems fair enough to me. 

+1 to Rocket's UTC Expansion.

Aesteris, what you are trying to do is good but it still won't help. Here's what you have to do to in order to have a full server again (and this is the only move):

1) Announce this as a new stage in the server with video saying that a new phase will start. A full PK phase, make a big fuss about it. This has to be spammed in every single forum;

2) Everyone should get for free the following items (all untradable, of course)

- Rosetta set +8/15

- Full set of accessories +1, including iron set but +0, yes.

- About weapons: this will be quite tricky because of the alredy existing +9s so the right thing to do would be to provide all high class weapons +9 as well

3) With that being followed all the farming aspect of the game will be focused only on krowaz weapons and armors and accessories +2, all the events drop table have to be re-done to drop those. Everyone will want to join Juraid,BDW and Chaos if the goal is to get materials for krowaz items.

4) Enable the website so the players can see what other player's items are.

A few players will be lost but the server will gain hundreds. Once they see how great, well managed, bug free and balanced this server is. Providing the gear that OP mentioned won't help at all.

There is no half-term here either you go all-in or do nothing at all and watch this die, again.

PS.: For the people who farmed and are complaining that all their hardwork will be lost: all your hardwork would be lost anyway if there's no players. You alredy made use of the items you acquired and are ahead of everyone else. Ahead of all the new players who would join, so use your head.

Aesteris, what you are trying to do is good but it still won't help. Here's what you have to do to in order to have a full server again (and this is the only move):

1) Announce this as a new stage in the server with video saying that a new phase will start. A full PK phase, make a big fuss about it. This has to be spammed in every single forum;

- Rosetta set +8/15

- About weapons: this will be quite tricky because of the alredy existing +9s so the right thing to do would be to provide all high class weapons +9 as well

3) With that being followed all the farming aspect of the game will be focused only on krowaz weapons and armors and accessories +2, all the events drop table have to be re-done to drop those. Everyone will want to join Juraid,BDW and Chaos if the goal is to get materials for krowaz items.

A few players will be lost but the server will gain hundreds. Once they see how great, well managed, bug free and balanced this server is. Providing the gear that OP mentioned won't help at all.

There is no half-term here either you go all-in or do nothing at all and watch this die, again.

PS.: For the people who farmed and are complaining that all their hardwork will be lost: all your hardwork would be lost anyway if there's no players. You alredy made use of the items you acquired and are ahead of everyone else. Ahead of all the new players who would join, so use your head.

worst possible idea

- Rosetta set +8/15

this

especially this

- Rosetta set +8/15

I disagree with this in its complete entirety with the exception of #1. Do make it Pk. But don't give new comers the same as those who have been farming since day #1 and earned their items like +9s. This will destroy market completely; you can forget in-game currency value. Give new comers, like +8 myths or dragon flight and +8 high class but not +9s.

On another note, +1 to Rockets Idea of UTC expansion.

im also 1 of those that donate on server and to be honest i dont care if u give the same  items i have to new players ... its gonna be always better then see the server diying day by day

I disagree with this in its complete entirety with the exception of #1. Do make it Pk. But don't give new comers the same as those who have been farming since day #1 and earned their items like +9s. This will destroy market completely; you can forget in-game currency value. Give new comers, like +8 myths or dragon flight and +8 high class but not +9s.

On another note, +1 to Rockets Idea of UTC expansion.

News flash @JohnWick, market economy is alredy destroyed and no, my suggestion won't make it worse , as a matter of fact it will save the economy. Prices will adjust theirselfs and go back to normal because everyone will want to make money to buy KC so they can get pathos gloves, wings, big scrolls and all other cospre items.

Now releasing UTC has got to be the most stupid idea I've seen. The subject is to bring equality to crowd and populate the server and you want to bring in UTC to increase the gap? You just went full retard but there's still time to retract what you just said.

People need to think of this as some sort of "relaunch", it's a new phase, an expansion. Either you go all-in and see the server rise as it is truly desearved or watch the items that you farmed accumulate dust and your weapons rust, since it won't be used.

News flash @JohnWick, market economy is alredy destroyed and no, my suggestion won't make it worse , as a matter of fact it will save the economy. Prices will adjust theirselfs and go back to normal because everyone will want to make money to buy KC so they can get pathos gloves, wings, big scrolls and all other cospre items.

Now releasing UTC has got to be the most stupid idea I've seen. The subject is to bring equality to crowd and populate the server and you want to bring in UTC to increase the gap? You just went full retard but there's still time to retract what you just said.

People need to think of this as some sort of "relaunch", it's a new phase, an expansion. Either you go all-in and see the server rise as it is truly desearved or watch the items that you farmed accumulate dust and your weapons rust, since it won't be used.

I agree with the PK move, man and voted for it. All I am saying is, your suggestion is really pushing this server from one end of the spectrum (heavy farm) to another (Full PK), which from my perspective is going Full Retard. Do make it PK, but find an intermediate ground that still is advantageous to the people who have farmed for their gear. Perhaps it won't be as much as it is now, hence a less gap, but nonetheless still SOMETHING instead of nothing at all. FYI, going from such a switch will make this server lose a lot of players as they are farm-oriented that are currently on it.

...Let's work with the hand of cards were are dealt and not expect a complete reshuffle for a new hand.

good Ideas, Just Change that Dragon Scale+8 thing, give something like +3 Rev Dragon Scale set away, Dragonscale+8 Set Compared to Rosetta Set +7 is like with DS+8 Set u have 30-40more AP but 15 less AC so its like giving a warrior for example an Rosetta+7 set (35GB) - Armor thing sounds to OP at all.

Also that Quest thing where u can get for example SSE´s or PE´s or EME´s, if its a Weekly quest than u will have in 3 weeks if u play or not just do the quest once an +1 SSE and in 6 Weeks Dual+1 SSE´s (in 9 weeks +2 SSE and in 18 Weeks dual +2s WTF o.O) i would Suggest to do it like the old Personal Weapon Quest, after the patch u can do it 1x on your 83 LVL char and if u rebirth your char u can do the quest again, thats like 83LVL +5xReb is = 6 SSE = dual +1s witch one sounds better in my opinion and also diff Item ID´s for them so u cant combine them with normal SSE´s(just need a solution also for ppl who already got +1 - +5reb chars)

also if ppl are getting Iron Set (without HP or Deff) there should be another diff also like maybe -1 less Anti Deff at all so its like 9 Dagger Deff instead of 10 Dagger Deff (diff is small enough but u still have alot anti deff)

A Dead Server where we are fll geared will not bring us that much if there is no PK AMK! specialy hate this guys who just join CZ on ISI or Bossevent Times even when they are fll geared...!

I agree with the PK move, man and voted for it. All I am saying is, your suggestion is really pushing this server from one end of the spectrum (heavy farm) to another (Full PK), which from my perspective is going Full Retard. Do make it PK, but find an intermediate ground that still is advantageous to the people who have farmed for their gear. Perhaps it won't be as much as it is now, hence a less gap, but nonetheless still SOMETHING instead of nothing at all. FYI, going from such a switch will make this server lose a lot of players as they are farm-oriented that are currently on it.

...Let's work with the hand of cards were are dealt and not expect a complete reshuffle for a new hand.

That would be ideal, of course, but it's an utopy. It simply can't work at this stage anymore. And remember, the farming aspect of the server will still be there for krowaz items and materials, accessories compounding, hepa's weapons and the list goes on.

Starter Belt (which will have 70% of the Iron Belt weapon defences, with NO AC bonus)

Starter Necklace (which will have 70% of the Iron Necklace weapon defences, with NO HP / STR bonus)

also if ppl are getting Iron Set (without HP or Deff) there should be another diff also like maybe -1 less Anti Deff at all so its like 9 Dagger Deff instead of 10 Dagger Deff (diff is small enough but u still have alot anti deff)

Let me help you, in case you´re just dumb as fuck - which I suspect to be the case

70% = 7 Weapon Def

That would be ideal, of course, but it's an utopy. It simply can't work at this stage anymore. And remember, the farming aspect of the server will still be there for krowaz items and materials, accessories compounding, hepa's weapons and the list goes on.

who the hell is gonna farm krowaz weapons, when ur giving them +9 items, LOL

If UTC expansion happens with the add ons to the new players

like dragon scale set +7 and roc +0 etc the untradeable unupgradeable items

new players will join because everyone will have a chance to farm, Let the change happen for new players, but with UTC expansion they will look forward to farming something new besides krowaz

what about to raise a bit in upgrade sistem and make the rate for +7 be more easy? you gona say now "omg we work so much to make rosseta +7" and i dont see where the fuk is this "hard work" wen there you can farm easy 2x apexis chest from ft 3x from daily quest cz and if go for chaos stone also easy get 7-8x chest/day so at least 1-3 rosseta... other will say you gona fuk the economy thats not true more items+7 ppl will wanna raise up for +8 so merchant will be up again how will help this the newcomers ? they get faster the starter gear in just few days... why they dont leve after? who the fuk wanna leave srv if have items to join cz for pk or farm and wont die by 1 hit from farmer killers and @ the old players they value items +9 "who already have" will be still same

Let's see what is to come of the proposed plan by Aesteris and discuss upon it in a week or two after its introduction. At that point, if need be, we can assess further options.

Manhattan's right....

Decide between +8 or +9 (I don't think it makes a difference but +9 will save many complaints)

Make Krowaz armor and Weapons (the best), available through events (UTC's, Krowaz Land, etc)

Make Rosetta obtainable through pk as well as bifrost/juraid/FT Weapons

Make Shells/Myth(DF) the starter gear with exceptional Weapons

Of course a slight advantage in armor must be created but nothing that will drastically affect pk with the exception of Krowaz vs Shell. (the best vs the worse)

You can max accessories at +1 or +2 whatever you please because that's really secondary to everything else.

Cospre can stay the exact way it is while premium can really be consolidated version like it is now.

As for the complains you'll get, they're natural. People who have farmed their stuff will feel disrespected but truth is, you do this or you find another server (wait there is none).  KO is a game where new people aren't attracted, its really an outdated game in every sense but the following that it has built is basically similar to a cult.  Most people agree KO isn't the best game out there but we just can't stop including me.  I think this is the best compromise between the two sides of the argument, those who have farmed their gear can still have an advantage over all new players but it won't take those new players long to get on equal footing.  Perhaps you can take it further and maybe grant the players who have stuck through the tough times an extra incentive to continue playing as you see fit.

My 2 cents. 

P.S - As for anvil rates on the suggested patch, just make it an easy process.  I don't think it's worth the players time to play a Pk server with farm anvil rates and vice versa.  Its just stupid.