• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
Aesteris

Our thoughts on improving the server

The future of the server  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should go ahead with these changes?

• Yes
    • No

Hey everyone,

Please read the post in its entirety before commenting

As I'm sure many of you are aware, the current state of the server is rather critical, in terms of being able to keep providing you lot with a nice environment to play in.

Here are some of our thoughts on the matter;

Realistically, it will be hard to attract new players coming to our server in its current state, newcomers are quite far behind, even with the rental gear we're providing to them and the increased EXP rates, as finding EXP parties is an issue. Combine that with some other servers launching (as well as our current players finding it rather stale at the moment, making 'switching' all that more attractive), and we've got ourselves a recipe for disaster.

We don't want that to happen, and will do whatever we think will help, and the community agrees on.

On to what we think should be done;

The general idea here is that we want to reduce the 'barrier' newcomers are facing on being able to compete.

This translates to different starter gear, a higher starter level, as well as some incentives for joining clans.

Our main priority with all of this is not to devalue whatever you have gained up until now, but rather ensure the longevity and time that your valuable items and characters will be worth what they are.

Keeping that in mind, here are some of the changes we're proposing, and we're completely open to additional ideas or tweaks to them.

First off, we want to start players at a higher level than we currently do; Namely between 80 to 83 (though really, 83 is probably what we'll be going for). When something as trivial as EXPing becomes a problem for newcomers, it gets harder and harder to get them to stay. We'd also like to point out that rebirthing your characters permanently improves them, so there still is some room for everyone to improve (as well as having the option to increase the rebirth level cap, say if anyone were interested).

Secondly, gear. Currently, the starter gear lines the newcomers up to being an easy pick even if they weren't bothered by the hardships in obtaining EXP.

Having said that, we're proposing the following changes to the starter gear:

(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Dragon Scale / Mythril / Ron's / Trial armor (+8/15)

(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Exceptional weapon(s) (+8/80)

(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Ring of Courage / Ring of Life / Shio Tears / Flame Ring / Imir Ring (+0)

(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Rogue Earring, Warrior Earring, Cleric Earring, Mage Earring (+0)

(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Starter Belt (which will have 70% of the Iron Belt weapon defences, with NO AC bonus)

(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Starter Necklace (which will have 70% of the Iron Necklace weapon defences, with NO HP / STR bonus)

Furthermore, we want to add some incentives to join clans (or rather, to form them or be added to one) in the form of Clan bonuses.

Depending on how many players of your clan are online at the time, you will be receiving EXP, NP, and Drop Rate bonuses.

A big part of playing any MMO stands and falls with playing with friends, they are part of the fun and reason you play (this may not go for everyone, but I know it does for me). Incentivising this seems like a good step forward to expanding our community and getting new players involved.

On top of that, we want to be adding quests to Ronark Land, similar to the ones that are repeatable, however these will be one-off (or twice-off).

These quests will allow (new and old) to gather some diversity for their gear. They'll be rewarding untradable, upgradable uniques of your choice (limited to what we provide ofcourse, but think 2 quests between which you can choose Elf-Metal Earring / Silver Earring, similar ones for other slots).

Finally, for those that don't like to (or don't want to) farm, we'll be adding a NP -> Medal system, similar to the one official used to have. To not overpower those that are already at the top ranks of NP holders, this will be using your monthly contribution, rather than your overall contribution; Meaning you'll have to be active to be able to reap the rewards.

Change mining and fishing; We don't want this to be similar to the first iteration of mining / fishing, mind you - but we do want to make it feel worth doing as something when you don't have a lot of time. We're aware this will make people want to multiclient or otherwise cheat the system, however we could look into adding a monthly NP requirement to be able to mine using the new drop tables (or otherwise be 'stuck' to the old one). Possibly even letting it scale off of monthly NP, with a cap implemented of course. Further incentivising playing properly.

For all existing players who've played at least 20 hours in the past month (counted back from the day we implement these changes, once we do), will receive 14 days of Cospre items, Wings, Pathos Gloves, and a pet transformation scroll of their choice (the pet system is close to being released).

All in all, what will this achieve, Aesteris?

We have a great set of files, arguably the best one out there, and it'd be a shame to not do everything within our power (provided you support us doing so) to get the max potential out of them. As such, we have high hopes of being able to attract a crowd that's more interested in a PK server than a farm one with these changes. Although you guys have joined and stuck with us since launch, we really wish we could do better in terms of PK activity. We feel as if the proposed changes will retain the value of your characters and items as it is, and quite possibly improve it if we do get a bunch of new players to join.

This entire proposal stands and falls with the support of our community, and we hope to receive a LOT of feedback on this idea.

If it is not well received, we will not be going through with it and will look into other ways of making it fun for you again.

Please let everyone you know take 5 minutes of their time to read through this (even if they've already quit!), vote on the poll, and make a comment on things they feel should be considered, looked in to, tweaked, or outright removed.

I'd further like to add that I'm currently on the verge of starting my midterms, and although I'll be busy enough to try and not screw those up completely, I'll make sure I've done everything I can to make this server great again.

Thank you guys for your support thus far and have a great week(end)!

What i would like to remind everyone of is that valuable items on an empty server won't help much,we need to ensure a healthy playerbase for us to moderate and for you guys to have fun.

I would really like for you to take this seriously,whatever the changes are going to be we'll make sure to add an advertising campaign to ensure we get in new players.

I've been doing my best into getting new players into the game,but honestly we don't have much chance of keeping them unless something changes.

I agree that new players need a buff, to attract and retain them.
I also think existing players need to be encouraged to stay in pk zones right now...very often I see players come to Ronark only around chaos stone/Isi times..

Some of my thoughts
Do Rosetta 7 rentals instead of +8 armors on rental...+8s dragon scale., mythril ect is a better armor set than 90% of my clan.
Make farming mobs in Ronark in a party worthwhile.  Right now there are very few mob in Ronark that can be farmed, in which you will earn more money than soloing blood seekers.  That's a big problem for both new and existing players.  Buff the crap out of the drop % and tables for mobs like booro,balog, titan whatever it may be...New players literally prefer to solo blood seekers than join a party with other players because they will make less money per unit time...

I agree that new players need a buff, to attract and retain them.
I also think existing players need to be encouraged to stay in pk zones right now...very often I see players come to Ronark only around chaos stone/Isi times..

Some of my thoughts
Do Rosetta 7 rentals instead of +8 armors on rental...+8s dragon scale., mythril ect is a better armor set than 90% of my clan.
Make farming mobs in Ronark in a party worthwhile.  Right now there are very few mob in Ronark that can be farmed, in which you will earn more money than soloing blood seekers.  That's a big problem for both new and existing players.  Buff the crap out of the drop % and tables for mobs like booro,balog, titan whatever it may be...New players literally prefer to solo blood seekers than join a party with other players because they will make less money per unit time...

I really do not like the idea that you are giving new players:

Dragon Scale / Mythril / Ron's / Trial armor +8

- Weapons +8 

- Those starter belts and necklaces

it's just not fair to us the already existing players! For example I've just completed my rosetta+7 set, i've put a lot work and time to do so and suddenly some new player will outgear me?!  You say that I will be able to rent those items but so what?! I want to be proud and wear the items that I've already worked hard for! This will really make me quit your server and i'm sure others too!  

Also this will complete destroy from what's left of this so called "light farm server" because most people will just stop farming since they can rent those incredibly good items! And not only that, but this will greatly DE-VALUE the already existing better gear! Item prices will drop fast and once again people will be wondering what to do with all their gold!

Just NO, NO, NO! I Do not approve that change! Did you seriously put some thinking in suggesting such stupid thing?! Did you really though of the consequences?! 

Better give new players +7 items or something!

Also ever though of removing the so-called "change" class option? Since a lot of people are changing classes and this just kills the farm and exp. If people want to change/try new class, then they should be able to make a completely new char and start farming and exp'ing.  If you do it, then you will see more and more people in esl and even in cz (if you give a good boost of the exp for cz monsters so that can be more attractive for people to go cz and farm/exp).

Another thing is letting people become 83 lvl immediately is just stupid! That's another mistake that will kill the exp'ing and after one month people will just start quiting again because ONCE AGAIN they will be bored!

On a side note, I like the other suggestions, they seem good - more quests, more reasons to be in a clan!

Even though i voted yes, i think this will be a short-term fix. Yes, it will attract new players, but other people will leave and on the end of the day this server will die, just like any other (private) server.

The way you promoted the server in the first way, a farm and pk server, is and was keeping people going. By implementing changes like this, you are changing your concept/product your selling. Is that what you really want? I don't think so, you implemented it this way in the first place, for a reason. 

How's the player market: Imo you have 2 markets: English player base and a turkish player base. The english player base is (REALLY) small in comparison with the turkish player base. 

My recommendation would be: do small fixes in the product 2 help newcomers and not totally change the product. And focus on the big turkish market which is ahead waiting for a wonderfull server, like Apex really is. I've played alot of servers, non came close to this one. Good client, good events, good support from gm's. 

I will stay around and see what happens, i wish your team all the best.

- Weapons +8 

it's just not fair to us the already existing players! For example I've just completed my rosetta+7 set, i've put a lot work and time to do so and suddenly some new player will outgear me?!  You say that I will be able to rent those items but so what?! I want to be proud and wear the items that I've already worked hard for! This will really make me quit your server and i'm sure others too!  

Also this will complete destroy from what's left of this so called "light farm server" because most people will just stop farming since they can rent those incredibly good items! And not only that, but this will greatly DE-VALUE the already existing better gear! Item prices will drop fast and once again people will be wondering what to do with all their gold!

Just NO, NO, NO! I Do not approve that change! Did you seriously put some thinking in suggesting such stupid thing?! Did you really though of the consequences?! 

Also ever though of removing the so-called "change" class option? Since a lot of people are changing classes and this just kills the farm and exp. If people want to change/try new class, then they should be able to make a completely new char and start farming and exp'ing.  If you do it, then you will see more and more people in esl and even in cz (if you give a good boost of the exp for cz monsters so that can be more attractive for people to go cz and farm/exp).

Another thing is letting people become 83 lvl immediately is just stupid! That's another mistake that will kill the exp'ing and after one month people will just start quiting again because ONCE AGAIN they will be bored!

Then have fun with your rosetta set+7 on an empty server

- Weapons +8 

You went full retard on so many levels here.

Lets make a list of why people quit here:

• There are NO EXP pts,you're left alone and getting to 83 is a struggle...
  • The current players outgear everyone a lot so they don't even want to try.
  • Your gear is NOTHING ON AN EMPTY SERVER,get that in your head ffs.

What i think you're doing here is great,me and a few mates would really love to come back to an active server,have some fun in farming and PKing :D 

Funny thing is 90% of the server wants to PK so don't listen to the idiots who want to have their Rosseta +7 sets on an empty server..

If these changes happen im out. I have put money and time in this game and their starter items are better than most in the game... Hell I didnt even have a full +8 Dragon Scale set...

this server is gonna become more of a pk server.. and i want no part. the market is already shit and will be even worse now that noting has value anymore!

SMH

Soapy out this bitch

Then have fun with your rosetta set+7 on an empty server

You went full retard on so many levels here.

Lets make a list of why people quit here:

• There are NO EXP pts,you're left alone and getting to 83 is a struggle...
  • The current players outgear everyone a lot so they don't even want to try.
  • Your gear is NOTHING ON AN EMPTY SERVER,get that in your head ffs.

What i think you're doing here is great,me and a few mates would really love to come back to an active server,have some fun in farming and PKing :D

Funny thing is 90% of the server wants to PK so don't listen to the idiots who want to have their Rosseta +7 sets on an empty server..

You are both Pieces of shit!

You are gonna talk shit cause hes expressing that hes worked for his items and he thinks its unfair!

You lazy shits go make a party and farm and make your armors! Go make your weapons!

Little fuckers like you make us (the ones who started at the beginning of the server) wanna quit and not play cause u dont wanna play the game u want free shit so u can go pk with your macros and all that shit. Such FUCKERY!

If this shit happens I'm leaving this server along with alot of others.

And say good bye to my monthly donations!

Nice changes! But in my opinion, Cospre Items should be given daily for example if you have played 1-2 hours that day, the next day you can receive them.

@Xiao That isn't a bad idea but it would be better worked into the NP>Medal System so that you may acquire Cospre Items but at a great value of Medals or make a monthly quest out of it so like 500 Kills = 1 Cospre Item(Lasts 7-14 Days). This way people who pay for KC still have advantage and then this system isn't broken either. I'd really like the Apex Staff Team to consider this.

- Weapons +8 

On a side note, I like the other suggestions, they seem good - more quests, more reasons to be in a clan!

@Nooby You make a good point about people working hard for their gear and all that but pointing out the problem repeatedly and just throwing it in there that you'll quit doesn't help the Staff. As a community we should be pitching idea's on how to solve the issue's at hand which some of us do and then get flamed for it. Build off of other people's ideas. I know @soapman06 got mad about the allegedly new rental items and that @ZeroH was fine with it. It isn't a matter of if people want free items or want to work for them. That's why there is PK Servers/Light Farm/Medium Farm/Hard Farm Servers. You choose a server based on what you want, don't go to a server that doesn't have what you would like and complain there. 

THESE ARE ALL ROUGH IDEAS DONT GO FLAMING FOR NO REASON,

AS I STATED ABOVE BUILD AND FIND A SOLUTION INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING.

Now the issue itself, imo the rental item's that Aesteris stated above aren't reasonable atm but that's possible to be changed. I am also on the verge of buying a Rosetta Set +7 but this will just cause me to waste my gold. Instead I propose that Aesteris implement the item's which he thought of and for those who have below that gear are given those items and those who have equivalent or let's say Rosetta 7 get some sort of refund?(Aesteris selects values on market as of now for the price of items and refunds that) or that they replace our armor by upscaling the one's we have. (Im not saying go from +8 to +9 that's just unreasonable but those who have +7 make those to +8 or like +4 rev and those that have +8's get to have +9rev that way the gap between players isn't too large. Obv the people who have +11 get to keep it since they've technically beat the game for that portion and they can't go further. Another idea I saw that wasn't bad was decrease the max to +8 but in doing so everyone's gear get's -1(+9 to +8, +8, to +7, +7 to +6 and then anything below +6-5 can stay the same?) on the scale so things are still balanced and its not blown out of proportion.

I'll try to build off other's idea's more if I can. Thanks in advance to all those considered the above and that hopefully we can resolve things like human beings instead of animals. Also a huge thanks to the whole Apex Team for giving us there effort and support.

EDIT: Also wondering if it is possible to get an ETA from Apex Team regarding these changes.

You made the starters a little bit too strong haha, dragon scale +8? no thats crazy

take a look at my suggestion, this will still attract new players, just change the dragon scale set to +7, and the neck and belts to 50% of a iron necklace and iron belt.

This is how the gear should be for starters:

(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Dragon Scale / Mythril / Ron's / Trial armor (+7/12)

(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Exceptional weapon(s) (+8/80)

(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Starter Belt (which will have 50% of the Iron Belt weapon defences, with NO AC bonus)

(UNTRADABLE, UNUPGRADABLE) Starter Necklace (which will have 50% of the Iron Necklace weapon defences, with NO HP / STR bonus)

@Maaz this is what we're looking for,not simple people saying oh no these changes would be bad,but telling us how we could improve those changes.

As for the ETA i would say 7-12 days,depending on how the community is going to react further,we still need a lot more quality input :) 

What Aesteris wrote is what we talked about it's nothing final,in the end we're going to listen to the majority on how we should handle this so the plan may well be changed.

Now the issue itself, imo the rental item's that Aesteris stated above aren't reasonable atm but that's possible to be changed. I am also on the verge of buying a Rosetta Set +7 but this will just cause me to waste my gold. Instead I propose that Aesteris implement the item's which he thought of and for those who have below that gear are given those items and those who have equivalent or let's say Rosetta 7 get some sort of refund?(Aesteris selects values on market as of now for the price of items and refunds that) or that they replace our armor by upscaling the one's we have. (Im not saying go from +8 to +9 that's just unreasonable but those who have +7 make those to +8 or like +4 rev and those that have +8's get to have +9rev that way the gap between players isn't too large. Obv the people who have +11 get to keep it since they've technically beat the game for that portion and they can't go further. Another idea I saw that wasn't bad was decrease the max to +8 but in doing so everyone's gear get's -1(+9 to +8, +8, to +7, +7 to +6 and then anything below +6-5 can stay the same?) on the scale so things are still balanced and its not blown out of proportion.

I'll try to build off other's idea's more if I can. Thanks in advance to all those considered the above and that hopefully we can resolve things like human beings instead of animals. Also a huge thanks to the whole Apex Team for giving us there effort and support.

EDIT: Also wondering if it is possible to get an ETA from Apex Team regarding these changes.

If +9 go down to +8, everyone with a +9 weapon will quit the server, why cuz im sure they didnt upgrade that for no reason

If +9 go down to +8, everyone with a +9 weapon will quit the server, why cuz im sure they didnt upgrade that for no reason

Yeah that's true but I was just suggesting ideas. I thought of it as if the max upgrade goes down then the % for upgrading goes up so it isn't like there work didn't pay off, but I understand where you're coming from Veni :P Also I liked your idea of the starters but I think it needs to be more than +7 DF but less than +8 and less then +7 Rosetta otherwise the gap start's getting too big between players(People are beginning to get full Krowaz +7/Rosetta 8 now). That's just my thinking and I know I might most likely be wrong.

@Alpha Thank You, Hopefully you guys get more quality filled and helpful posts. Goodluck and Looking forward to the changes you guys will bring :D

On that note of Maaz.  I think we should implement +3 accesories and +21 rev as max upgrade. This will make people want to upgrade more, boost market and also still maintain the differential that exists while implementing higher or boosted rental gear. so Win Win for everyone.

If existing accounts also get the starter gear (mine is worse!) I really like this new direction. All these suggestions to have even more uber accounts like rev21 upgrades and such - please do not, then we will be back to a similar topic saying how the starter armor should be +9....