• Create an account or sign in to use the shoutbox

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

Sign in to follow this  
Aesteris

Krowaz Expansion!

Dear players,

We are proud to announce that we will be releasing Krowaz on 19/02/2016!

For those uninterested in a wall of text, we've updated the event schedule so check that out, and please read the last paragraph of this post!

The way we have chosen to implement the release of these items is very similar to USKO, with one small exception. The Krowaz Dominion zone itself is only accessible during predefined times (similar to events), once its open a server-wide announcement will be made and the corresponding entrance NPCs in the bases in Ronark Land will spawn (these are removed once the event ends).

a3JPJ2.png

The boss monsters Enigma, Cruel, Havoc, and Hell Fire currently required for your level 80 personal quests have seen their drop tables revised to be in line with official, this means these monsters will now drop (some of the) materials needed to manufacture Krowaz weapons. Similar to official, the monsters Medikmash, Keramash, and Nigmash surrounding the aforementioned boss monsters also have a small chance to drop the items needed to manufacture Krowaz weapons.

Furthermore, in Ronark Land, the Dreadium Fossil of Dragon, and Dragon Fossil of Draki in the back sides of Ronark Land can now be mined for some of the materials needed in manufacturing Krowaz weapons.

Inside the Krowaz zone you will find a few challenges, starting with rolling stones - these instantly kill you if you get too close to them. Right after that (and spread throughout the zone) there are various statues spitting out poisonous gas - every tick deals 2000 damage (which is reduced by your master passives), they randomly turn on and off, so those that cannot tank the damage are advised to wait patiently! Finally, throughout the zone there are small corridors filled with saw blades - upon being hit, these deal 2000 damage. The bosses residing in the map are protected by key gates, to open these you need to posses the corresponding color key (Blue, Red, or Black). These keys are obtainable from the normal monsters scattered throughout the map. The bosses in the Krowaz Dominion zone are the only monsters in-game that drop the materials needed to manufacture Krowaz armor. We advise everyone to party up and give them a try - they drop enough loot for an entire 8 man party!

Finally, throughout the map, there are 3 kinds of treasure boxes; Old Boxes, Treasure Chests, and Treasure Boxes - all of these drop keys (different rates, but higher than normal monsters), and have a small chance for Krowaz weapon manufacturing materials.

The rest is up for you to discover, we hope you'll enjoy the new content!

For a list of items needed to manufacture the Krowaz weapons and armors, check this out

We'd also like to take this opportunity to make a few changes here and there, we've bumped up the initial items players receive when creating their characters (from Chitin to Chitin Shell for 7 days), and have added quest accessories to the list (for that bit of extra damage and survivability). Leveling has been made just that little bit easier by increasing the EXP bonus of Platinum and EXP premium up until level 80, and all skills have been opened for everybody. Finally, for those that have left us and have 'fallen behind' too far, we've added the rental NPC to Krowaz Land which hosts some special gear available for everyone for an hour for free, we feel as if the Krowaz zone will provide challenge and fun for those willing to participate in it, and a 'gear check' gating this content from new (or returning) players is not the way to go. If you know anyone that has left us before, or someone new, this is THE time to invite them back to ApexKO - it has never been easier and more attractive!

Thank you for playing Apex KO!

That will be insanely fucked up, USKO happened to have 2-3 curses during single vses, reducing the actual skills needed to vs / pk, and turning the game into a luck show (who get more curses win), yet alone the HUGE unbalance between curses.

Chaos curse >>>>>>>>>>> everything else, and obviously only certain classes have chaos weapon.

Just my 2 cents tho.

That will be insanely fucked up, USKO happened to have 2-3 curses during single vses, reducing the actual skills needed to vs / pk, and turning the game into a luck show (who get more curses win), yet alone the HUGE unbalance between curses.

Chaos curse >>>>>>>>>>> everything else, and obviously only certain classes have chaos weapon.

Just my 2 cents tho.

yeah i agree with this, weapons are op as they are without the curse already hence why i asked

Balance obviously ways higher than replicating official behavior regarding the curses, I haven't touched anything yet - during the kill the gm events (where I was wearing Gab's) the curse trigger rates didn't seem to be excessive.

Changes will be made if they're necessary to be made (either buffing or nerfing them)

i must be getting too old to play this anymore, its getting oh so complicated....more shit to remember.  I prefer the old days when ya killed a mob and upgraded the weapon/armor drop and it was a done deal, now all this collecting and manufacturing, where is the PK time in there??

So how does this increase PK in cz exactly?  forgive my naivety

Sign in to follow this